SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A 50 mile Student march Against S&W
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 50 mile Student march Against S&W Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
These kids, so desperate for a historical event that they can say they participated in, that they went and invented one.

That statement truly encapsulates this generation!

Not only that, they are marching to violate the human and civil rights of their fellow citizens.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe these dolts should first walk from Lexington to Concord, and learn some history along the way.

Of course the events of Lexington and Concord are probably no longer taught.

I walked it in the early 90's with my former bride.

It brings full meaning to the role of then 2nd amendment in our constitution.

Gettysburg may be the hollowed ground of the Civil War, but Lexington and Concord are the sacred ground of the revolution.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I learned a new word this weekend: baizuo

These kids are ate up with it.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
S&W has been in New England for over 150 years.

Why should S&W leave Massachusetts? Why should they leave a state ranked #8 for business, incur millions of dollars in capital costs for a new plant, and layoff a loyal and well-trained work force. Some of you guys make no sense.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pointless. Means nothing. Will have no effect of any kind. Utterly and absolutely pointless.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
“Hi y’all. Thanks for coming. Have a nice walk home”

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
At least the young Shining Path Maoists aren't cluttering the floor in the cereal section at our Publix.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Get double the number of marchers shouting them down the whole way. Yelling “why aren’t you in school” for 50 miles. Bullhorns. Air horns. Star spangled banner with the amp set to 11. The works for these cretin.

Oh wait, we have jobs. Never mind.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I like the way you think, gearhound!!

Just to put some numbers to this...If I hump it, I can walk a mile in like 15 minutes...that's 4 MPH. *Sustaining that pace*, it would take 12.5 hours to complete 50 miles...without stopping to eat or punch a grumpy. So I'm gonna give them credit and say that they'll finish this trek in 15 hours...that's a 3.33 MPH pace and it'll probably be closer to 3.0 or even 2.5 MPH. Guess it's easy to do that when you DON'T WORK!!!

Ain't no way in hell these idiots are going to sustain that pace and ain't no way in hell EVERY ONE of these idiots is going to finish. Hell...these idiots get bored inside of 5 minutes and are distracted by the next shiny red ball that goes bouncing by. You think they're going to hold out for upwards of 20 hours (considering a 2.5 MPH pace)??? Pfffffffff....

It's gonna be hilarious when they hit their first "dead zone" and can't pick up a data signal. The snowflakes will begin to melt...LMAO!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Those idiots want to march? Here's one they can join..

RUN FOR THE FALLEN NEW HAMPSHIRE 2018

Sunday, September 16, 2018
Odiorne Point State Park,
570 Ocean Boulevard, Rye, New Hampshire 03870
The Run for the Fallen NH is a four-mile tribute run/walk to honor and
remember those New Hampshire service members who have lost their
lives in service to our country since September 11, 2001. Their Gold
Star family members will be present along the route for us to
acknowledge their hero’s sacrifice. Please join us to pay tribute to our
New Hampshire Heroes!

Run or walk: this is not a race! Bring the whole family to show your
gratitude to these families! There is no registration fee, but donations are
more than welcome to continue this amazing event.

Visit our website: www.runforthefallennh.org to register, donate or get
more information.

BTW, free free to donate. My shooting team is a sponsor.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Maybe they should start in Gary Indiana and march west to Mayor Rahm's office and demand he does something about all the murder and mayhem in Chicago.

IF they make it out of Gary.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Two words:

Water Cannon

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Two words:

Water Cannon

+dubbleditto and 2.5 words

... from a Honeywagon

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think someone should start a pledge drive. They should get people to sign up to pledge to buy an M&P-15, if S&P tells the marchers and supporters directly and specifically to go fuck themselves.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
If they like marching, maybe a two year stint in the army can help them sort out their emotional issues..

Not a bad concept, but I have to point out that there probably are not too many basements for these ignorant (stupid?) assholes to hide in.

I totally agree that S&W should move the hell out of that garbage dump state!

Just how many days is it supposed to take for these assholes to march 50 miles?

Geez, just when I thought masshole could not come up with yet another lunatic idea, they surprise me again.

I wonder how many parents of these twits work at S&W.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Just how many days is it supposed to take for these assholes to march 50 miles?

I did some rough estimates in my post above...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Just to put some numbers to this...If I hump it, I can walk a mile in like 15 minutes...that's 4 MPH. *Sustaining that pace*, it would take 12.5 hours to complete 50 miles...without stopping to eat or punch a grumpy. So I'm gonna give them credit and say that they'll finish this trek in 15 hours...that's a 3.33 MPH pace and it'll probably be closer to 3.0 or even 2.5 MPH. Guess it's easy to do that when you DON'T WORK!!!

Ain't no way in hell these idiots are going to sustain that pace and ain't no way in hell EVERY ONE of these idiots is going to finish. Hell...these idiots get bored inside of 5 minutes and are distracted by the next shiny red ball that goes bouncing by. You think they're going to hold out for upwards of 20 hours (considering a 2.5 MPH pace)??? Pfffffffff....

It's gonna be hilarious when they hit their first "dead zone" and can't pick up a data signal. The snowflakes will begin to melt...LMAO!!!

I figure 2 days, maybe 3,

walk a bit, stop , post on snapchat, instagram, fakebook, twatter,

juice boxes at 10,

happy meal at noon,

rest/put down for a nap at 3,

dinner and camp out in the local hotel that evening, with press conference and media attention,

repeat the next day

probably 2-3 adults taking care of each kid marching,

chase minivans,
shoe/sock changes,

big production

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody should organize a counter-protest pledge program that will simply be based on the protestors' own efforts: pledge $1 per mile per person who actually shows up at the finish, but target the donations to the NRA. It should be easy to count how many actually finish.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is an amazing opportunity for Smith & Wesson & the firearm community.

They could to a lot of things to take advantage of this opportunity from an educational stand point
1. Line the last mile of the router with educational material showing the real statistics on firearm use & misuse in the United States

2. Offer free safe firearm handling classes to the marchers

3. Provide seminars on respect for human life, and the impact of bullying, social media, and video games on these events

4. Assure that the marchers know that the predominant number of shooters are from their age group and obtained/possessed the firearms illegally.

5. Educate the marchers on how to solicit funding for research on firearm related crimes and how to get personally involved in the effort rather than demanding that others do it for them.

this would be an excellent idea

I would love to ad to the list, that S&W pay for ARMED security to protect these fools and march with them to make sure that they are safe.

I thought about that but figured they would scream in protest.

I was thinking a bit more strategically. Don't give them what they demand, give them what is really needed, offer it for free with an open invite. If they refuse, it will expose their hypocrisy. If they agree they probably won't like it and it will be obvious (hypocrisy), but might actually learn something.

find out where the staging area is,

have a couple of tents, (All with S&W logo on the canopy,)
offer water bottles, towels (to wipe sweat) and whatever else you can think of as comfort assist type stuff, all with S&W logos,

have banners with the S&W logo and arrows pointing the direction and travel route,

if need be every couple of miles have a pop up canopy, table with snacks and bottled water,

also have the Eddie Eagle program info set up every some many miles,

tables/canopy for S&W team sports, (have team members out in front)

have health and wellness coaches (for those that want to jog or pace themselves a bit faster, or slower) to help out,

don't forget to have suicide prevention hotline info, and a spokes person or 2 around,

above all , no cat calling, no harassment, just be overly friendly,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

I figure 2 days, maybe 3,

walk a bit, stop , post on snapchat, instagram, fakebook, twatter,

juice boxes at 10,

happy meal at noon,

rest/put down for a nap at 3,

dinner and camp out in the local hotel that evening, with press conference and media attention,

repeat the next day

probably 2-3 adults taking care of each kid marching,

chase minivans,
shoe/sock changes,

big production

Don't forget moleskin; lots of it.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post