SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How's this for the trade of the month
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's this for the trade of the month Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I was perusing one of the Instagram pages where people buy and sell gear. I came across this "tactical trauma kit", I did a little research, and the fanny pack alone sells for almost $200, I didn't get an exact total on the contents, but am going with "not cheap". He wanted $200 for everything, I asked if he wanted any trades, and he said "only old video games" I happened to have Nintendo 64 collecting dust for the past 15-20 years at my parents, and he was totally onboard for a straight trade. The bag is by a company "Maddox defense", and a lot of the contents are North American rescue, or other names I recognized. Now, I admittedly don't know how to use any of this besides the tourniquet, but I do want to take some classes.

The contents included:

(2) CAT tq's
(1) H-bandage combat dressing
(1) Shears
(1) Blast bandage
(2) compressed gauze
(1) SAM splint
(1) trauma pad
(2) quikclot combat gauze
(3) celox packs
(1) rubber breathing thingy
(1) green splint thingy
(1) quikclot hemostatic dressing
(1) NAR 6" emergency dressing
(1) needle decompression kit
(3) pair sealed gloves
(1) emergency blanket
(1) "rite in the rain" note pad
And the bag

uploads photos

uploads photos

uploads photos

uploads photos

uploads photos

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Rubber airway thingy is a NPA... Lot of fun to administer to friends that annoy you, haha. Good trade.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
Rubber airway thingy is a NPA... Lot of fun to administer to friends that annoy you, haha. Good trade.

I figured the needle decompression thing would be the most fun on a friend. I'll have to try both Big Grin

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jesus, I just googled that. Does that thing go in your nose?!?

├┼┼╕
246R

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

Yep. When I was trained to use it we practiced on each other. I was not a fan...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:

Yep. When I was trained to use it we practiced on each other. I was not a fan...

The video I just watched said "if no lube is available, use spit or the patients blood" Eek Frown

├┼┼╕
246R

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The rubber thingy, yes... the needle no. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once saw a gal have an NPA inserted and not even flinch. We were serving a search warrant at her boyfriend's house and she was playing games "passing out." One of my colleagues said "good for her." I said "good for him .

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMan226
posted Hide Post
Green splint thingy is an oral airway.

"Don't say a prayer for me now, save it til' the morning after".

Posts: 464 | Location: O.C. SoCal | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Score! Check expiration dates.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

RMD

Most are 12-13. Does this stuff really go bad? I know he was a marine, I assume he was a corpsman and this was his deployment gear

├┼┼╕
246R

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

RMD

Most are 12-13. Does this stuff really go bad? I know he was a marine, I assume he was a corpsman and this was his deployment gear

It does, kind of.
Most of it will still work just not as well as new. Loss of Adhesion and loss of elasticity are two general factors that you will see with expired first aid gear.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

RMD

If he was a marine he was not a corpsman.
All corpsman are navy personnel attached to marine units.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
You might replace any outdated supplies with new items and use the outdated for practice.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

The celox gauze is a bit old but the other stuff if sealed should be fine.

Look into a Dark Angel class.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
You might replace any outdated supplies with new items and use the outdated for practice.

that's a great idea, I'm going to do that.

quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Nice score.

The celox gauze is a bit old but the other stuff if sealed should be fine.

Look into a Dark Angel class.

I was actually on their website last night, the closest class they have to me is 7-8 hours away unfortunately.

├┼┼╕
246R