SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cell Phone - Tablet Oddity to Me?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell Phone - Tablet Oddity to Me? Login/Join 
posted
Today I downloaded Tapatalk from my tablet. The shortcut did not show up on my tablet, but when I opened my phone the Tapatalk shortcut showed up on the phone home screen!
Phone and tablet were near each other, and both were on my home WiFi. Tablet only works on WiFi.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Phone and tablet were near each other

You trying to say it got confused as to what device to send it to????

On android, you can select what device you want the app sent to if you download it from the internet site instead of the web store.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
If you have an iPhone/iPad combo, certain iOS apps have specific versions for the phone and tablet. If that is the case, you may have downloaded the phone version instead of the tablet version and since the 2 are connected to the same account, it merely installed it on the device that it was meant to work on.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post