SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Campus Police Officer doesn't accept SJW logic
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Campus Police Officer doesn't accept SJW logic Login/Join 
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Nevermind, i'm fucking done.

My brother is a cop... i understand the risk... but he volunteered for it. IF you are scared maybe you should drive a bus instead.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:

My brother is a cop... i understand the risk... but he volunteered for it. IF you are scared maybe you should drive a bus instead.

Dude that makes zero sense. So if your a cop and you volunteered you should just be totally unprotected because you understand the risk? That's pretty stupid. You do understand that they are also there to save your ass in case something happens, right? If the bad guys show up, do you want the cops being dropped on the spot or do you want them prepped, trained, and armed to save you and everyone around?

I guess your brother walks around in his underwear when he's on duty? You don't give a shit to have him protected against danger, and if something happens to him, fuck him right, after all he volunteered.

Wow.... There is nothing more important and sacred to me than the safety of my wife and son, and to those that chose to "volunteer" to keep them safe against all of the shit in this world, I hope they have every tool and piece of equipment possible to carry out the task and keep my family and themselves safe.

And if they look a little "intimidating" well, that's not a bad thing either.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
You are wasting your breath when you have an article like that, and the thing the reader comes away with is bitching about how the cop was dressed.

Truly rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Dude, NJ is even worse.

Yup.

posted Hide Post
Other than the colors, I see nothing wrong that uniform. It's their Class A and worn in parades and such as far as I can tell. I doubt it's their field uniform.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Report This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uniforms evolve like anything else, otherwise every cop out there would still be wearing patent leather shoes, leggings, drunk straps, bus driver hats, etc on patrol

Give it another fifty years and the police may well be wearing something like that again with people bitching about how its too militarized, unprofessional or whatever.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Look for a picture of them in their boots. The ones that come up to the knees with the trowsers tucked in and bloused out. Mass staties wear similar. They look like field marshals in the German army lol.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Our patrol guys look like the door man at the Ritz. Or the next ruler of Venezuela.

If you are going to man a door, they are great uniforms. If you are going to get out and police, they get trashed really easily. We spend a ton of money replacing uniforms each year. We have to wear 17 pieces of flair, and that stuff gets ripped off at the drop of a hat.

I don't pay for it, so I really don't care.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
"Does it have your name on it?"

I would have taken her shoes off, looked for her name in them, and then pissed in them.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't see how you could infer he was scared,

He just doesn't want his school clothes to get mussed when he's taking out the trash.

Posts: 6356 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
"Does it have your name on it?"

I would have taken her shoes off, looked for her name in them, and then pissed in them.

It seems you have a mean streak. I like that about you. Big Grin

Posts: 6356 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

The beginning of this video captures the signs being ripped by two students...

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=Ak3CL2VSJOk

At the 1 minute and 40 second mark, the second video captures the Officer's interaction until he moves the two students to the location of his car...

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=Pfk_EgEQ-sA

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's getting to the point - fuck pressing charges.

Deck them, lights out and on the ground. We ain't playing anymore.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
We have to wear 17 pieces of flair, and that stuff gets ripped off at the drop of a hat.
Big Grin We need to talk about your flair.

[Seventeen] is the minimum, okay?

Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like [RogueJSK], for example, has thirty seven pieces of flair, okay. And a terrific smile.

Look. [Jerry]. People can get a [disorderly conduct ticket] anywhere, okay? They come to [Kentucky] for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay? That's what the flair's about. It's about fun.

Look, we want you to express yourself, okay? Now if you feel that the bare minimum is enough, then okay. But some people choose to wear more and we encourage that, okay? You do want to express yourself, don't you?

Okay. Great. Great. That's all I ask. Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^Now that's funny Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Other than the colors, I see nothing wrong that uniform. It's their Class A and worn in parades and such as far as I can tell. I doubt it's their field uniform.

Unless they've changed in the last couple years, that uniform IS "the" uniform for the New Jersey State Police. They wear a less formal version in the summer, but it still includes long sleeves. Tradition and all that.

Some special units where a "class B", but that uniform, including coat and hat, is otherwise it.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

...Mass staties wear similar. They look like field marshals in the German army lol.

Slight thread drift. Mass Statie upper management (#1 and #2) has vacancies after some abrupt, er...retirements.

http://www.bostonherald.com/ne...ltered_arrest_report

Baker names new state police boss amid furor over altered arrest report

Matt Stout Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Gov. Charlie Baker has turned to Kerry Gilpin, a 23-year State Police veteran, to be the department's new colonel, in an appointment that comes amid swirling controversy just a day after the abrupt retirements of the force's top two leaders.

Baker swore in Gilpin during a closed-door ceremony in his office, installing the deputy division commander in the State Police's division of standards and training as the successor to Col. Richard McKeon, who resigned yesterday.

Both McKeon and his second-in-command Francis Hughes retired amid an uproar after a lawsuit was filed by a trooper who had been ordered to scrub the arrest report of a judge's daughter.

The union representing State Police troopers had filed a complaint seeking an internal affairs investigation, claiming McKeon, Hughes and others had conducted "alleged improper and illegal conduct" in ordering alterations to the arrest report of Alli Bibaud, the 30-year-old daughter of Dudley District Court Judge Timothy Bibaud.

McKeon was scheduled to step down Friday, but he moved up his departure by three days, to yesterday -- a move the State Police Association of Massachusetts claims came in response to its push for an internal probe.

But Baker suggested today that McKeon's expedited retirement was simply tied to the governor's own desire to install new leadership.

"Well, I was planning to appoint a new colonel today. So, we now have a new colonel. The one who's there needs to step aside for the new colonel to step in," Baker told reporters inside his office.

He also defended the private swearing-in of Gilpin -- which took place before the press or public were notified -- saying he has a "crazy day" planned.

"I wanted to get it done, and the only time they can squeeze it in was a little while ago," he said.

Gilpin was not present when Baker addressed reporters.

Gilpin has been with the State Police since 1994, and has previously served as a lieutenant in the Division of Field Services, the Staff Inspections Section and the Harassment Investigation Unit, according to Baker's office.

Baker said he consulted with Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito and his secretary of public safety, Dan Bennett, in making the pick.

"We concluded that she was the best qualified to take the job at this time," Baker said. "I believe she'll do a terrific job."

The move comes after two troopers -- Ryan Sceviour and Ali Rei -- sued McKeon and others in the unfolding scandal, which started with Bibaud's Oct. 16 arrest.

Sceviour was ordered to erase several embarrassing details from the report, including that Bibaud, 30, had told police her father was a judge, that she had performed sex acts to obtain the drugs, and suggested “she would offer sexual favors in return for leniency.”

Attorney General Maura Healey has said she is doing her own review of the allegations.

"The colonel made very clear that he initiated this," Baker said today, referring to McKeon. "We also made very clear we thought it was a mistake. We also made very clear that the State Police needs to clean up and make more explicit its policies and protocols associated with editing arrest reports."

Developing ...

===========================================

More details here if anyone is interested:

http://www.bostonherald.com/op...p_cop_takes_the_fall

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why in the hell is a "campus police" officer dressed like that? That's a little too far if you ask me.

I agree wholeheartedly. He should at least have a short barrel rifle and a few extra mags. I'd say budget cuts have limited the department's supply of grenades so he's SOL on that front. Hopefully he's got some NV goggles tucked away in case the little bastards stay out past dark which is unlikely since they know the Boogieperson might get them. Otherwise he seems good to go although I could've missed something.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Report This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got no prob with the vest.. the overall green is my issue. He's a campus cop.... Not a green beret fighting the rebels.

This is why some people do not respect the police. You come dressed for war you will get it. I realize that I may be at odds with some here but god damn.... It's not a war like you have been told.

To earn respect you need to show respect. And that starts with treating your fellow man like you want to be treated. You catch more flies with honey remember?
Your logic regarding the officer's uniform is the same logic used by people that want to ban "modern sporting rifles" (aka EBR). The hate those rifles, and want them eliminated, simply because of their opinion on how they looks. You hate that uniform, and want it eliminated, simply because of how it looks.

I see you've adopted the philosophies of liberal extremists. Can you we assume you'll now start posting regularly at the Democratic Underground forums?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

Dude that makes zero sense. So if your a cop and you volunteered you should just be totally unprotected because you understand the risk? That's pretty stupid.

It's beyond stupid.

And I just want to say that I've always kinda liked how the NJ State Police dressed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post