SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The FGC-9 is here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The FGC-9 is here Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
The guerrilla 3D-gun file development group Deterrence Dispensed released to the public yesterday the much-anticipated FGC-9 project. The FGC-9 is described in the official release documentation as “the most effective and easiest to build homemade semi-automatic firearm design for people with limited access to gunsmithing knowledge and tools.”

The FGC-9 release is important because it represents a fulfillment of the promise of 3D printed guns: they can’t be stopped. In 2013, the Liberator was proof of concept. In 2020, the FGC-9 is proof of carbine.

The FGC-9 enables everyday people all around the world to build a 9mm semi-automatic firearm, from start to finish, using a 3D printer and commonly available, unregulated materials. It’s specifically designed to be accessible to folks with minimal gun building experience, and avoids using parts commonly or easily restricted by law in the US and Europe. Anyone can build it, and no one can stop it.

In case there was any doubt about the political ideology here, you should know that the ‘FGC’ in the ‘FGC-9’ stands for “fuck gun control”.

https://www.enblocpress.com/ne...-of-3d-printed-guns/

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8349 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the comment in the video: "Can't stop the signal, Mal"

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might have a new hobby .

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks illegal to me. Why is that not a SBR?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It is.

You'd need to either leave the stock off, or fabricate a 16+ inch barrel.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It is.

Why? My understanding is that its 'technically' not a firearm as it isn't required to be serialized under the current creation process. If its not a firearm, its not subject to NFA either. This thing currently exists in a gray zone which is why it terrifies government. Expect more firearm's legislation on this shortly, likely fully supported by 'both' parties.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Looks illegal to me. Why is that not a SBR?

It's only illegal if you get caught.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It is.

Why? My understanding is that its 'technically' not a firearm as it isn't required to be serialized under the current creation process. If its not a firearm, its not subject to NFA either. This thing currently exists in a gray zone which is why it terrifies government. Expect more firearm's legislation on this shortly, likely fully supported by 'both' parties.

Firearms made by individuals, not for resale, are not required to be serialized.

That does NOT make them legally not firearms.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Etching rifling at home I think turned out to be the real game changer.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post