SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2020 Nissan Rouge opinions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Nissan Rouge opinions Login/Join 
posted
Looking at a base model. Any thoughts opinions or experiences appreciated . Thanks

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Is the Nissan Rouge a red version of the Nissan Rogue?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have only rented Nissan's, but they seem rock solid. My cousin owns one and says-- not a compliant.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Is there something compelling about this particular vehicle that is appealing to you?

Nissan, as a whole, has been really poorly managed, and I haven't read anything about the brand lately that sparks confidence.

Brand reputation drives resale (and thus overall ownership cost), and I wouldn't go anywhere near Nissan anymore.

Of the Japanese brands, my perception is that Mazda and Subaru have moved up the ranks while Nissan has dropped several notches, barely above Mitsubishi. Toyota and Honda still continue to profit from their reputation of producing boringly reliable vehicles.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read Nissan finished 29th out of 32 vehicle manufacturers in reliability. I was entertaining the idea of buying a 370Z but it seems Nissan has quality control issues so I passed. One thing ill admit is Nissan has some really good looking vehicles but if reliability isn't there looks mean very little. If you really like the Rogue do your homework before buying.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has a 2014 Rogue. Loaded. Rock solid. I’ve done the maintenance. I’m not a fan of the CVT, but many manufacturers are headed to CVT for fuel economy. Oddly I find myself gunning it to get moving.

The Rogue I believe is Nissans top seller (400k per year?).

I’d buy one with confidence. However I prefer Hondas.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
My wife had a 2009 rogue and it was relatively problem free for 100k miles. Parts were not cheap...headlight bulbs were 100 bucks each at the local auto parts store. The CVT transmission was not my favorite, but never had an issue with it. Nissan is a fading brand. I read some strange articles about the former CEO....pretty interesting scandal.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I was a Nissan fanboy. I was an Admin on the largest Nissan car forum on the interwebz, nicoclub.com
Years ago, they could do no wrong in my eyes. Seriously, I bought a Nissan Juke. Back in the day 2000-2010, Nissan was a great car company. One of the best of Japan.
Nowadays, they are the bottom of the barrel. Reliability sucks, and style/design doesn’t change as it should. Creature comforts are so so, but again, lacking.

I’m sorry, you’re interested in a Rogue, but take a look at a RAV4, or even a Honda something, if you want to buy Japanese for reliability. Really, I wish I could stand behind a Nissan and tell you “hell yeah”, but in this case, it’s more of a “Rogue,? FUCK NO”.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nissan is in trouble financially. Much of it is because of reliability problems. Pass.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I had a Pathfinder a few years ago. A buggy CVT scared me into trading it after a couple years and 20,000 miles. I'm just not a fan of CVTs.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Of the Nissans I’ve rented I’d pass on the brand.

I’m not a Ford fan but Ford’s I’ve rented have blown the nissans away...fit, finish, quality, feel of materials and tech.

You can easily do better.

Kia/Hyundai for starters....and finishers.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses . Looks likes it a no go

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a 2012 Rogue we leased. I found it ok, no issues. I then bought a 2015 Pathfinder, I have a year left on the warrenty and will be getting rid of it before the warrenty expires. The Nissan reliability is very poor as of late.

Posts: 679 | Location: MA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I’ve had an Altima and a Xterra. I won’t ever buy another Nissan.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I just read Nissan finished 29th out of 32 vehicle manufacturers in reliability. I was entertaining the idea of buying a 370Z but it seems Nissan has quality control issues so I passed. One thing ill admit is Nissan has some really good looking vehicles but if reliability isn't there looks mean very little. If you really like the Rogue do your homework before buying.

I’ve not encountered this at all. I’m on my fourth Nissan (moving up the chain) in twelve years and my wife had three. No major issues at all. My current one is a 2019 Pathfinder. My brother has a 2019 Rouge and has been very pleased with it. Before that he had a Chevy Equinox, it went through two transmissions in three years, he does not push a vehicle hard at all.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Based solely on having driven their work vans, I'd never own one. All three I've driven, one since it had very low miles had the same simple problems. Rear lights (cargo portion) that didn't work and weather stripping that would not stay in place. Those are simple items that have been in use for 50+ years, if you can't get the seals and interior lights to function, how am I supposed to trust anything on a vehicle?

On a positive note, the one I drove until recently for five years never had an engine or transmission problem and their 5.7l engine made plenty of power.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned an Xterra and a Frontier. Both were trouble free. No CVT in either. The Frontier was a very good, more simple small truck. Mine was a Quad Cab 4X4 with a V6. But this was a few years back. The Frontier is pretty dated now and I dont think I would buy again.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
I’m on my fourth Nissan

I'm a fan. My Pathfinder is my third Nissan, the fifth in my family.

My brother put 200K+ miles on a Frontier, Dad's got over 110K on his.

My PF has taken me places I didn't think I'd be able to go. It's been all over about a dozen states, been hit and rebuilt (teen driver ran a stop sign), it's hauled stuff, hauled butt, and towed trailers all over the mountains and the flatlands. I picked up a diesel Passat last Spring as my commuter (I drive a lot, and the diesel MPG made it make sense), but the PF is my workhorse. Day in, day out. Major repairs? Rear main seal a year or so ago.

Proof I'm a fan:

The VQ-series V6 is a tremendous engine, and the three I'm familiar with have been serious performers.

Would I buy a Rogue? I'm not sure. But a pre-CVT Pathfinder or a Frontier? I'm all over it.

Yes, Nissan needs some help in the design department, particularly with Frontier. It's an OLD design.
Yes, Nissan management has taken a downturn in recent years.

But given the reliability I've experienced with my recent Nissans (the '84 wasn't as dependable), I've got little to complain about.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Just bought a Nissan Murano loaded this summer. Love it great mileage and the most comfortable seats for my wife bad back

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jatco automatic transmissions are some of the worst in the industry for reliability. I wouldn't buy a new Nissan.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post