SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best cheeseburger you ever had?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best cheeseburger you ever had? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Easy. I had a to die for hatch green chili burger at a mom and pop place in New Mexico. Wish I could remember the name of it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baker’s Burgers in McKinney, TX off hwy 5. If you didn’t know about this family owned business, you would never stop there. They may not be there anymore.

Pretty much any Dairy Queen, especially the older ones. DQ is owned by Berkshire Hathaway by the way. Warren Buffet knows a good burger when he eats one apparently.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Easy. I had a to die for hatch green chili burger at a mom and pop place in New Mexico. Wish I could remember the name of it.

Recall the general location? I may be able to help, depending on the area.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Geesh, lots of places, I can't begin to remember.

One local place, Carrinis, an Italian restaurant, had really good CB's, but they closed, and reopened as a take out service, the owner had health problems, and some one else opened it using the same name.

I will get lambasted for this, but I hardly eat out these days, but there is a McDonalds about 30 miles from me that is super clean, and the food is always fresh. There is nothing warmed for hours and served, and the french fries are always crisp.
It does not rank up to the likes of what many of you have listd or shown, but in my book, that particular McDonalds is a couple of notches above any other local MCD's. And of course their burgers are standard, but if they are good consistently, it matters not to me that its a chain.

In the little town of Gretna,Va.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ukhayes:
Buster's Place Murfreesboro,TN.

Lived here 5 years, finally had a Buster Burger a few weeks ago. Damn good burger.

There used to be a Chinese place growing up in Macomb Mi that made a truly great burger. I didn't like chinese growing up so when we went I'd order that. It was awesome, they aren't around anymore

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy, The Spotted Pig in NYC West Village. Whenever I visit NYC, I make it a point to grab a burger there and every time, it reinforces my opinion of it's place at the top.

1/2lb of Pat Lafrieda beef, a pat of Roquefort cheese and homemade bun that's like a cross between a brioche and bagel. Pomme frite style fries with rosemary throughout on the side. No mustard, pickles, lettuce or tomatoes needed.

Hands down the best, and well worth the price. There's a lot of good ones, I have a soft-spot for that mom n'pop dinner with the 80+ year old griddle but, The Spotted Pig is the best.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
At a place on the east side of Providence called a Red Stripe.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gimp with
The Limp
Picture of RBeach
posted Hide Post
I would have to say the favorite in my area:

South 21 - Super Boy

My parents and I would go to South 21 and they would bring the food to your car and hang the tray on the windows. We would leave there and go to the Thunderbird Drive In (feeling a little nostalgic now)!

RBeach

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Mill, SC | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I dunno about "best", but I ate at a joint in Colorado named Crave, fancy flavors and more, and it was surprisingly excellent, and both relatively inexpensive and unpretentious given the trendy name and menu choices, and it was hopping busy.

I had the Popper, and took a Campfire to go for later. Though not at all traditional, which I love most, they were both delicious. Made with Colorado beef and local produce, also.

Menu with photos

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

One local place, Carrinis, an Italian restaurant, had really good CB's, but they closed, and reopened as a take out service, the owner had health problems, and some one else opened it using the same name.

Interesting as there is a Carini's Italian restaurant near the Richmond airport, which has been there for years. Pretty good Italian food but would never think to order a cheeseburger there. Actually had a pretty good one yesterday from a vendor outside a gunshow. At $4, it was better than the $22 cheeseburgers they serve in Bermuda.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Interesting as there is a Carini's Italian restaurant near the Richmond airport, which has been there for years. Pretty good Italian food but would never think to order a cheeseburger there. Actually had a pretty good one yesterday from a vendor outside a gunshow. At $4, it was better than the $22 cheeseburgers they serve in Bermuda.

The restaraunt Carrinni's I mentioned was a local treasure, always excellent food, but not upper end. The only place I would order steak and shrimp, and where you took your Mom on her birthday.

As for the $4 delicious Cheeseeburger you mentioned vs the $22 mediocre one in Bermuda, I agree, an excellent McD's burger is better than some place like Three Guys, etc.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Fuddruckers is good, but my two way tie is between Shake Shack and Five Guys.

I had a Shake Shack “Shack Burger” for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty danged good. I’ve since been back twice. The Martin’s Potato Bread bun is excellent. I now order it with the optional (but free) pickles, and without the tasteless tomato.

After ordering I walk over to the nearby Nordstrom’s Cafe to get a small bag of Miss Vicki’s BBQ potato chips then come back to pick up the burger.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's two
Ones a local joint- Wonderburger. I'm not a frenchfry guy, but damn those fries are good!
Real thin and long sliced fry. The burgers just melt in your mouth. Perfect with raw or grilled onions.

The other is the Silver Dollar in Jackson Wy. Just south west of the town square. But you gotta get the bacon cheeseburger! The burger on it's own is incredible, then you toss on the bacon. Ok, I know what you're saying, "bacon makes EVERYTHING better!" While I can't disagree with you on that fact... This isn't regular bacon, it's LAMB BACON! Phenomenal!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
An IHOP in Columbus, Georgia...go figure.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I am a HUGE fan of the Banzai Burger from Red Robin. Been eating them since the 80s.

I believe that if I was going to request a last meal it would probably be a Banzai Burger with Sweat Potato Fries.

I am also a fan of the new McD's Quarter Pounder. Lots of other burgers too - probably my favorite thing to eat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Tie, both from Hopdoddy's. They are in 5 states now, lots of locations.

Llano Poblano and the Bacon Jam Double Cheese.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I have been in the business 30 years. Our breakfast and lunch were our pride and money makers. We offered griddle and grilled varities. Since becoming disabled my famous burgers, hotdogs and breakfast are mostly now enjoyed by my family and friends. Buy the best, cook the best, serve the best.

Pickle Rick

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Tie, both from Hopdoddy's. They are in 5 states now, lots of locations.

Llano Poblano and the Bacon Jam Double Cheese.

OUTSTANDING.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
The Meers Store in Meers, Okla. but used buffalo in stead of beef. The building looked like the bad wolf could blow it over with a slight puff back in the early 1970"s. ...........................drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Wow... holy Necro-thread back from the dead.

BUT: I'll play. Big Grin

I had a Ruth Chris gift card from work. I met the wife there for lunch. They had over ordered rib roast / ribeyes. So they needed to use them up. The special of the day was fresh ground ribeye burger from Ruth Chris.

Hot Damn that burger was good. I had to unhinge my mouth like a snake to get the first few bites in. Had a nice sear on it and it was DELICIOUS!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post