SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best cheeseburger you ever had?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best cheeseburger you ever had? Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
After reading the thread Here I wondered about where was the best cheeseburgers around.

The best I ever had was at the River City Cafe in Myrtle Beach. It was a patty melt that was cooked perfectly and had the best flavor of any I'd ever had.

http://www.rivercitycafe.com/

Anyone else have any recommendations for good cheeseburgers for those that travel around?

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Eyed Betty's in Ferndale, Mi

Posts: 449 | Location: Hazel Park, Mi. | Registered: November 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A double cheese burger at a Dairy Queen in Tennessee.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
The best? The absolute best?

That's easy. Capital Grille but it's going to cost an arm and leg.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I should have mentioned Pinky's Westside Grill in Charlotte as well. Their White Trash Burger is awesome. Provolone cheese, onion rings and fried pickles with spicy ranch dressing. Damn, it's making me hungry just thinking about that one.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Back in the 1980's I would go to Astro Burger on Melrose in Hollywood for a patty melt. I've yet to have a burger as good as that.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The best is the one I make in the backyard on the Weber. The next best was some hole in the wall place on the Oregon Coast that I'm not sure I could find again. Wendy's makes a really good cheeseburger as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Honestly, it was a Burger King Triple Whopper. But I brought it home and added my own sharp cheddar and Tobasco to it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Burger King. Ate at several hip, hyped and grossly over priced burger places around Austin like Hopdoddy's etc. left me highly unimpressed and agitated after long waits.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’ve had many really good cheeseburgers, too many to remember, many of them at Boll Weevil in San Diego, but I do recall the worst.

Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva, Switzerland. Working the currency exchange, it was $37 in real money! Just awful, weird lettuce, weird cheese, weird pickles, strange bun. I guess they felt like they had to have it on the menu, but their heart really wasn’t in it. But luckily, my mother in law was buying.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best one I've ever had was at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Central FL. Hands down. Best service I've ever had as well.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Local spot, Dog & Bull Tavern.

Used to be a dive, then someone bought it and hired the right manager to change the place. He has since moved on to other places but the chef he hired is still there.

Burgers and fries are really good.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Too many to even keep up with, from homemade to fast food to swanky restaurants and everything in between. It isn't rocket surgery to make a truly fantastic hamburger.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
The best is the one I make in the backyard on the Weber. The next best was some hole in the wall place on the Oregon Coast that I'm not sure I could find again. Wendy's makes a really good cheeseburger as well.

Jim

Ding, ding, ding. Winner.

Never had a burger that was better than I made myself.

Next best would be a number of roadside stands or food trucks where the burgers are cooked over a flame.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I hate cheese on my burgers; I never do it...with one exception. At my wife's restaurant (The Riverhorse) they have the best burger I've ever had which does in fact have cheese on it. But it's brie cheese with a delicious truffle sauce. Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Served with polenta fries.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Off my Webber kettle grill, the best every time.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It’s probably been 20 years, but I was surprised to find Hooters had great cheeseburgers.

Lately I found a new one with Bacon ground into the patty

Bubba’s 33

Http://www.bubbas33.com/burgers

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I’ve had many really good cheeseburgers, too many to remember, many of them at Boll Weevil in San Diego, but I do recall the worst.

Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva, Switzerland. Working the currency exchange, it was $37 in real money! Just awful, weird lettuce, weird cheese, weird pickles, strange bun. I guess they felt like they had to have it on the menu, but their heart really wasn’t in it. But luckily, my mother in law was buying.

Possibly they looked at you funny when you picked it up to eat it. I watched a couple of blokes in an English pub eat burgers with knife and fork.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This thread reminds me of the biography of Lee Iacocca where the chef at the Chrysler exectutive dining room was asked why Lee was always complimenting him on making the best hamburger..

He said it's not too hard when you start with 1/2 pound of Prime filet mignon!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Kobe Beef Burger at The Burger Bar, Mandalay Bay. Pretty damned expensive. But my favorite is still the Double-Double from In N Out.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post