SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Dot?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Dot? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I know that Google listens to your conversations. My wife was talking about a very specific item the other day. She went to use her phone, and there were targeted adds showing the item that we had talked about. Gotta love big brother.

Here is another one - wife hired some carpet cleaners to clean the carpets the other day. We dont know these guys, never met them before. My wife is surfing Facebook, and in the area where it says "Do you know this person" was both carpet cleaners profiles. Apparently, by my guess, Facebook was able to link them to my wife's account perhaps via the GPS proximity since those guys were close to us/in our house, Facebook thought that we might know them.
The fascinating part of all this is that some members will read this and say "I don't see the problem."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not if you disable "Siri listening to you all the time."

This alone was worth the reading today.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not so much worried about NSA or FBI, I'm worried about JOE techie from Amazon wanting to hear the dirty talk between Mr and Mrs Smith.

I kind of like the idea of the tech. The convenience would be nice. Just as long as it didn't come from a power company. Maybe in future we can have the features with out having to accept any licensing terms.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post