SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vegas changed my mind re: legal weed
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegas changed my mind re: legal weed Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Y'know, weed has been decriminalized in the Netherlands for decades. Walking around Maastricht the other night: Smelled pot now and again.

City's clean as a whistle. Even the large square, where just a couple hours before it'd been full of flea market vendors.

I don't think it's the weed any more than our "gun crime" is the fault of the guns.

That's funny. My daughter visited Amsterdam while studying abroad and said near the city center all she smelled was weed. Even took a picture of a street side that meant Booze == Bad, Smoking Weed == OK.

She did say that once she got away from the city center that it wasn't quite so bad.

ETA: The pictures I saw looked like the streets were pretty clean though.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
The aggressive begging has gotten a lot worse (along with the reek of weed) since legalization.

It's an acquired smell Smile
And one I will not willingly tolerate. I won't stay where people are smoking tobacco, either--I hate the smell. I guess that means I won't be going to Las Vegas any more.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I have zero interest in going to vegas. No thanks. And the weed issue does not help. Screw them.

This right here...

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think those rulings are decades old now.

quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
The aggressive begging has gotten a lot worse (along with the reek of weed) since legalization.

The bums passed out and trash, it's been steadily growing since 2000.

I think the panhandling issue has taken off with the federal judges ruling the solicitation is protected free speech. All of the solicitation codes have been tossed out and now the homeless are free to do their worst. That is the problem we now have here in Salt Lake anyway. Not sure it has anything to do with legal stink weed.

Not up here. Just happened in the last 3-4 years.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
No difference.
I stay off the strip.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I might suggest it is the overall degradation of society that has lead to both.

BINGO!!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post