SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever been none too excited about buying a gun??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever been none too excited about buying a gun?? Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It might work if you stick a 9mm OEM barrel in it, but it would be better to get a complete slide and change the ejector out. But at that point, you might as well get a new gun at blue label pricing.

Someone will buy the 27.

When we switched from the 22 to the 31, we okayed OEM 32/33 barrels for our 23/27s that we carried off duty. It had to be an OEM barrel. No aftermarket. Some guys still carry their 27s this way but I went and bought a new gun because I like seeing 357 on the slide.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Are you required to have a back-up?

I presume not, which is why you have buy your own. It does suck to be damn near forced to buy your own equipment to perform your job.

Does your back up have to be a Glock?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF: Step 1 to Solve Your Problem

Tried that when we hit sixty, but -

1. We were deemed too old.

2. Too rich [we are totally self-funding with five pensions and a healthy bank balance, as well as savings called ISAs [like a gubmint stock stuff].

3. Too clever - I have a Masters in Geo-related remote sensing and earth science, a BSc in geographical morphology and a BA in modern languages, of which I speak five, with fluency in three others.

4. Too sneaky for my own good - I'm a retired senior officer in INT.

5. Too trustworthy - I've both taught and lectured in a location in the Washington DC Navy Yard.

6. Too experienced - I have been commanded by, worked with and commanded US military personnel over my 33 years military career.

There were a few other issues that I won't go into, but I'm sure you get my drift.

Uncle Sam didn't want us back then, so he sure as heck won't want us now.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I presume not, which is why you have buy your own. It does suck to be damn near forced to buy your own equipment to perform your job.

No back up required but anything we carry must be a Glock 9 or .40 no long slides allowed though.

They have a few in property so I sent in my request to get issued one. We'll see how that goes.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley
Uncle Sam didn't want us back then, so he sure as heck won't want us now.

tac

Heck Sir, have you heard there's a new Sherriff in town?

From what little I know of you from this forum, I'd be proud to call you a citizen of the United States of America. You seem to have many of the values and morals I wish to inspire in my children.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

No back up required but anything we carry must be a Glock 9 or .40 no long slides allowed though.

They have a few in property so I sent in my request to get issued one. We'll see how that goes.

So why can't you keep the .40 for backup and off duty? I know it is better to have the same caliber.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

So why can't you keep the .40 for backup and off duty? I know it is better to have the same caliber.

I can but I want my backup to be the same caliber as my duty weapon. If I keep the .40 for off duty it is just another gun I have to qualify with as well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If I "had" to buy a pistol I wouldn't be to upset about it.

Be a good friend xcuse to the wife.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Do you have Blue Label stocking dealers in the area? I know that what's available for blue label pricing can be limited at times.

The LE discount should take some of the sting out of the purchase?

Also, the member who suggested taking your trijicon HD's off the 27 had a great thought.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post