SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever been none too excited about buying a gun??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever been none too excited about buying a gun?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Going to check with the property room tomorrow to see if they have any Glock 26s. I am guessing they don't so I will have to buy my own.
Like many others my employer is making the jump from .40 to 9mm. I'll get a nice new G4 17 but have to buy my own backup.
So I'll buy a g26 (yippy, not really) and sell my g27. So glad everyone is dumping the .40 and the guns are worth about zippo!! Maybe I'll get a couple bucks more than most since I have some newer Trijicon HD sights on mine. Got to look at the bright side some how I guess.

I do prefer 9mm to .40 so I guess that is a positive.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
40 don't get no respect these days.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't you keep the 27 and get a .357 sig conversion for shits n gigs?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't include the sights when you sell the gun, you won't get enough over the price of the gun alone to buy a new set.

Just transfer them, and put the stock dove tail protectors on the 27 you are selling.

But I understand you lack of enthusiasm. This is an obligation purchase due to a decision made by someone else. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, but you need to spend your money anyways.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

Because some people don't like abusing their tendons.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sorry you must buy a new gun.

I am enjoying my cheap fotays, bought a 226 and a 239 in the last couple of weeks.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just askin' but would it be against department policy to install an aftermarket (Storm Lake, Alpha Wolf, etc.) .40 to 9mm barrel in your 27?

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I gotta say I have a bit of renewed interest in .40 and have been running mine and carrying them over the past year or two.

That being said all my .40s started out as .40s and are generally a pleasure to shoot (HK P2000, SIG P239/P229). That being said.....

The Gen 3 and earlier Glock .40s are snappy bastards and the G27 can be a handful. I actually prefer the 10mm Glock sub compact.

Honestly though I would keep it as a hedge against ammo shortages, a backup, safe deposit gun, whatever. I am of the opinion that their are GREAT Glocks (G17, G19, G26, G20) and there are decent Glocks but there really are no bad Glocks so keeping an extra G27 around for a rainy day ain't the worst thing ever.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

Because I highly dislike shooting Glocks.

quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
I wouldn't include the sights when you sell the gun, you won't get enough over the price of the gun alone to buy a new set.

Just transfer them, and put the stock dove tail protectors on the 27 you are selling.

But I understand you lack of enthusiasm. This is an obligation purchase due to a decision made by someone else. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, but you need to spend your money anyways.

Had not thought of that. Will do.

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Sorry you must buy a new gun.

I am enjoying my cheap fotays, bought a 226 and a 239 in the last couple of weeks.

I don't take issue with .40 just prefer 9mm. I have tons of .40 ammo and brass so I will keep an eye out for cheap .40s that are not Glocks.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Just askin' but would it be against department policy to install an aftermarket (Storm Lake, Alpha Wolf, etc.) .40 to 9mm barrel in your 27?

PC

Yes

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Because I highly dislike shooting Glocks.

All Glocks are JUNK! It takes a factory, trained, operator to enjoy shooting them!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Sorry, I couldn't resist, copying someone else's post and modifying it to Glocks)

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure where you're at, but in Iowa, the Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI; our state's version of the FBI) has a firearms checkout program. Police chief authors letterhead asking for X make and Y model of gun for Z purpose, and they grab the guns from their inventory and sign them over to the PD. My last agency got three reserves some Gen 3 Glock 22s that way. May be worth asking your state investigations agency.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 812 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you're really bustin' me up, having to actually buy a new handgun and all that hard stuff...

Here in yUK we are remembering last Sunday as the 21st anniversary of the day that a POS slaughtered sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher right there in their own school in Dunblane, Scotland. And for that lack of police oversight, every single legal handgun owner in England, Scotland and Wales was deprived of his or her handguns.

Me, I'd love to have the hardship and mental anguish you are clearly feeling at having to buy a new handgun... Roll Eyes

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you have to buy a new BUG, but I am glad for you that your agency at least is issuing you a new duty weapon, seeing that they are the ones requiring the change in caliber.

Personally, I would just keep the G27 if I were you. I am one of the apparently few who really like .40S&W.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Yay! Love buyin me some po-po trade in fo-tays on the cheap! Keep 'em comin!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Yeah, you're really bustin' me up, having to actually buy a new handgun and all that hard stuff...

Here in yUK we are remembering last Sunday as the 21st anniversary of the day that a POS slaughtered sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher right there in their own school in Dunblane, Scotland. And for that lack of police oversight, every single legal handgun owner in England, Scotland and Wales was deprived of his or her handguns.

Me, I'd love to have the hardship and mental anguish you are clearly feeling at having to buy a new handgun... Roll Eyes

tac
Step 1 to Solve Your Problem

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Sorry to hear that you have to buy a new BUG, but I am glad for you that your agency at least is issuing you a new duty weapon, seeing that they are the ones requiring the change in caliber.

Personally, I would just keep the G27 if I were you. I am one of the apparently few who really like .40S&W.

Not a cop, but I have both .40 and 9mm. I carry the 40.

I carry the G20, and like it!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you carry the G27 while off duty? If not and you don't like shooting it, I guess sell it and put the money towards a G26.....All in all it sucks but should only be a few hundred $$$ price difference.

As far as 40's go for a range toy, my favorite is the BHP in .40......although a 10mm 1911 with a fitted .40 barrel would be fun too. Would also consider a CZ75B in .40......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the G26 and G27 are on the same frame. If I'm correct, can you swap out barrels and magazines and switch the G27 to a 9mm?

Would swapping parts be less expensive for you than selling the G27 and buying the G26.

And I'm guessing you know about the special Glock pricing for LEOs and first responders.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:

I am sure that saying has been around forever, but that is funny as hell.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post