SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
https://gen.medium.com/ive-bee...mpshire-c69ddaaf6d07

After Attending a Trump Rally, I Now Know Democrats Have No Shot in 2020

I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years, but my experience made me realize just how out of touch my party is with the country at large

Cont....

Thank you for that, honestly written and fairly accurate. One of the commenters said "Trump is not perfect, but he is perfect for this time".

I think his imperfections are part of what makes him work so effectively as CINC - we can relate to him and he is not afraid to hurt some feelings or take some heat to get the job done that he promised. Overriding all of this is an unabashed love of America and a fierce will to protect America and ALL of its people - regardless of political party, race, religion, or category they put themselves in.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s not the President’s twittering per se that dismays (some of) his supporters and delights his opponents, but the content of some of them. Even on an Internet forum like this one most of us recognize that what we choose to comment on and how we do it makes the difference in how those comments—and we as individuals—are perceived. It’s far easier to be aware of and focus on what someone says than what he accomplishes, and when even someone like AG Barr says, “Please: Just shut up about things that are my job!” that should be a clue.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am not a fan of twitter in general and the president tweeting in particular. That said two points. One, I think he is more effective this way than not. Two, common sense needs to rear it’s ugly head. The president tweeting his opinion is not “undue influence“. Allowing this to gain traction is ridiculous. If he calls the AG ind interferes call me back. Undue influence is almost always done behind the scenes. Tweeting his disagreement while you might find it unseemly is 100% legal and defendable. Only in crazy town does a tweet constitute illegal influence. This is a stupid a Democratic attempt to rewrite law. Did Obama stating Trayvon Martin could have been his son unduly influence the investigation? Where was the outrage?

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
To all of you hating on Trump's tweeting, are you NOT UNDERSTANDING that it's the ONLY way he's able to bypass this criminally corrupt, propaganda-arm-of-the-DNC mainstream media? He's speaking direct to you and me with ZERO spin, being taking out of context, having words added he never said, omissions made to craft a narrative, etc?

Barr needs to STFU and do his job and start cracking some goddamn heads already but it's looking more and more like that's not going to happen now. Mad

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm split on this. There are times when I wish he would just STFU but on the other hand I think most tweets are way more thought out than we give them credit for. He's yanking someone's chain on purpose and is aware of the consequences.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
So he is Grand Marshall at the Daytona 500. I think it’s great. I wonder if the SS will let him ride in the pace car? That would be most awesome.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
100% agree with PASig on this.

One of my closest friends can’t stand Trump, and that’s fine. There’s just something about him that needles him. Part of it is the tweets. He’s one of those swing voters, but I’m working on him. Recently, I asked him regarding the tweets: “would you prefer me to bullshit you and just tell you what you want to hear, or only what other people approved for me to tell you, or would you like to hear what I really think?”

“You know I’m not a fan of bullshit and half-truths, be straight with me.”

“That’s what our president is doing via Twitter, speaking straight to the public.”

[Long pause]

“Well, when you put it like that, I don’t know what to say.”

We have these ideas about how things should happen, and then someone comes along with an unorthodox approach that works beyond all belief andsome people clutch their pearls and gasp “well, I never!”

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
100% agree with PASig on this.

One of my closest friends can’t stand Trump, and that’s fine. There’s just something about him that needles him. Part of it is the tweets. He’s one of those swing voters, but I’m working on him. Recently, I asked him regarding the tweets: “would you prefer me to bullshit you and just tell you what you want to hear, or only what other people approved for me to tell you, or would you like to hear what I really think?”

“You know I’m not a fan of bullshit and half-truths, be straight with me.”

“That’s what our president is doing via Twitter, speaking straight to the public.”

[Long pause]

“Well, when you put it like that, I don’t know what to say.”

We have these ideas about how things should happen, and then someone comes along with an unorthodox approach that works beyond all belief andsome people clutch their pearls and gasp “well, I never!”

This is why I think Twitter is going to try and block or ban him prior to say September 2020.

If that happens, all hell is going to break loose.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One just can't please all of the people all of the time, even though one will vote for him!!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Isn't 3 what Dale Earnhardt's car number was? Nice touch.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Isn't 3 what Dale Earnhardt's car number was? Nice touch.

flashguy

I believe, in whatever the top NASCAR series is called now, the number has been reissued to a new driver.

I don't recall Dale Sr racing the trucks.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Our President has the capacity to be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. Based on the behavior he often displays, he is not someone I would want dating my daughter (even if it were age appropriate). He sure seems to care about our country and be getting positive results for all Americans though...

It often appears that he is doing the laser pointer thing with twitter, getting the libtards panties thoroughly bunched and having them spinning out of control about whatever tweet so that he can actually quietly get good things done in the background while they lose their minds over a tweet.

I would prefer more decorum, but only if it could be equally effective. I don't think it could. There are a whole lot of folks out there of all stripes who are fed up with the PC culture, with the slimy, self-enriching politicians of the swamp, with the outrage du jour. While it might not be the most professional way to do things, I suspect an awful lot of folks enjoy seeing him give those commie f***s both barrels right in the face.

Nothing ever seems to turn out perfectly, but in my perfect world, he will crush the everloving snot out of whatever communist piece of garbage the Dims put up as the sacrificial lamb, the next four years will go well, and we will get someone else to follow on who also takes a hard line and shoves their garbage right back down the throats of any commies that are left in 2024, but does it in a slightly more "professional way". If I have to pick the one thing I'd most like to give up in that wish, it would be the "professional way" part. YMMV

Edited to fix typo. s/down/done/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Slosig has it right. Keep the faith, Sigforum.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Werd. He is the right man for the right time. Tweet on.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Hampshire Man Charged with Assaulting Teen in MAGA Hat

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...lting-teen-maga-hat/

uthorities arrested and charged a New Hampshire man accused of assaulting three people at a polling station this week, including a teen wearing a “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) hat.

According to the Windham Police Department, 34-year-old Patrick Bradley attacked two adults and a 15-year-old boy outside of the Windham High School polling station on Tuesday after approaching a tent hallmarked by Trump supporters and volunteers, including the teen.

Police said Bradley approached the tent after leaving the polling station, slapped the teen in the face, and assaulted two adults who tried to intervene. The suspect is also accused of attempting to knock over the tent and throwing Trump campaign signs.

Authorities charged Bradley with “three counts of simple assault, a Class A misdemeanor, and one count of violation level disorderly conduct,” per New Hampshire’s Union Leader:

The teen’s mother, Cathy Campbell, spoke to Fox News about the incident, explaining how her son, whom she described as “the most patriotic kid you’d ever meet in your life,” was “over the moon” at spotting both Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle at the polling station earlier in the day.

“My son stayed home from school on Tuesday for a doctor’s appointment and we drove by the high school to go vote. When we got there, we saw Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle, and my son was over the moon,” Campbell told the network.

According to Campbell, her son was invited to volunteer at the tent, and she allowed him to do so.

She explained:

My son is the most patriotic kid you’d ever meet in your life. I was apprehensive about him wearing the MAGA hat, because we know it can provoke and we know people don’t like Trump. But he wore the hat because he’s a proud 15-year-old and he doesn’t know what people are going to be like.

“My son was standing outside on the sidewalk and he said ‘have a nice night,’ he said it to everyone. But this man was triggered,” she continued. “He said ‘fuck you’ to him and wound up his hand as fast as he could and slapped him across the face.”

Trump Jr. responded to the incident on social media, affirming that he did, in fact, meet the teen who was attacked. He said he called the teen and his mother to thank them for “being such strong supporters.”

“My family has your back Nate!” he added:

Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr

So it turns out that I actually met the 15 year old victim shortly before he was attacked by a sick leftist.

I asked an aide to find his number & just got off the phone with him & his mother. I thanked them for being such strong supporters. My family has your back Nate! #MAGA https://twitter.com/donaldjtru.../1228086420528664578

In another tweet Friday morning, Trump Jr. called out the mainstream media for “barely” covering the incident:

Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr

Given the main stream media’s willingness to destroy the lives of teenage conservatives, like the Covington Catholic kids, it should come as no surprise that they would barely touch this story of an adult far left Democrat assaulting a 15 year old.

Where are you clowns on this? https://twitter.com/donaldjtru.../1228105134435192834
Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr

So it turns out that I actually met the 15 year old victim shortly before he was attacked by a sick leftist.

I asked an aide to find his number & just got off the phone with him & his mother. I thanked them for being such strong supporters. My family has your back Nate! #MAGA https://twitter.com/donaldjtru.../1228086420528664578

Campell said another man, who tried to intervene, has a fractured jaw as a result of the attack, and she added that her son is “pretty traumatized.”

“This guy lives in our town. It’s pretty unnerving,” she told Fox News.

“It’s scary that you can’t express without which political party you are. People need to know how much intolerance there is right now,” she added.

The attack came on the heels of two other bouts of left-wing violence over the last week.

Police at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (JSO) arrested 27-year-old Gregory William Loel Timm last weekend because he admittedly drove a van into a tent where GOP volunteers were running a voter registration drive. He told authorities he did it because “someone had to take a stand” and noted his disdain for President Trump, specifically. None of the volunteers were injured:

Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr

Where is the outraged media? Why are they so silent on this? This would be the number one story in the world right now if it was a Trump supporter doing it to a group of liberals.

It’s a disgrace that they don’t even pretend to pay attention to growing leftist violence. https://twitter.com/rick_gorka.../1227260959066030080
Rick Gorka @Rick_Gorka

NEW from Jacksonville. The police report is public and it is abundantly clear that he attacked the @realDonaldTrump volunteers b/c he does not like the President. Unbelievable. #LeadRight

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I GUARANTEE you, that shit wouldn't fly ANYWHERE in The Republic of Texas. That Libtarded Demoshit would have learned some VALUABLE life lessons that day. Or not...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with POTUS twittering away at the twits.

Anyone here recall how 'Obama' was the most in and elecontics communication literate person humanity had ever or will ever have, shit that was being spewed early by the driver bus? Obama's crackberry. How it was deemed a national security risk and how the NSA was going to keep it secure. blah blah blah?

Then comes Trump 70-ish year old geezer and he seems to know his personal comm device and how to use it as well or even better than Obama. And we hear all the complaints?

Obama interjects himself in to this DOJ all the time; Trayvon his son, that hokey beer summit with his buddy Skip and the poor cop, and on ad nauseam. But no problem. With Trump it's now a problem.

So, Trump can tweet all the hell he wants. Obama set the standard as far as I am concerned.

As far as his demeanor? Well he is a man. I love those who make the not with my daughter comments. I've learned over my life that your daughter 'may' be as bad as a lot of them boys or even worse. Been an interesting life journey.....

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another significant swing in RCP betting average for DEM presidential primary

Sanders 39.0%
Bloomberg 34.6%
Buttigieg 12.4%
Biden 9.8%
Klobuchar 5.4%
Warren 2.0%

Bloomberg rapidly rising. Drudge reporting he is considering Hillary Clinton as his VP

Biden falling lower
Warren in free fall

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

does this betting average data have any real significance ?

here is 2016 RCP betting average for Republican primary on 15 Feb 2016

Trump 29%
Cruz 21%
Rubio 20%

one mos later (Mar 2016), Rubio suspended his campaign after finishing 2nd in Florida, and Kasich jumped to 19%

on 19 Mar 2016, it was

Trump 36%
Cruz 26%
Kasich 19%

The DEM 2020 primary has been a wild ride w candidates soaring and then plummeting. Sanders has been on a steady upward climb since Oct 2019

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Lights are on, ain’t nobody home.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sanders 39.0%
Bloomberg 34.6%
Buttigieg 12.4%
Biden 9.8%
Klobuchar 5.4%
Warren 2.0%

Bloomberg? What the hell! Mad

Year V