SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Watch the five-minute video that EZ_B linked, above.

Indeed. Laughing stock of the free world.

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for a new Trump party. The GOP has been dead to me for years

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Half the Republicans is only 20% of the voters. Doomed to failure.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
No, it’s not doomed whatsoever. What remains of the GOP afterward would realize they have no choice but to accept a massive mandate... and then join with the newly formed party. The party of Lincoln wouldn’t be abolished, just evolved away from the conniving, self-serving clan that has become the GOP.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem

Sorry South Dakota but you are going to lose a fine Governor. This lady is moving on up. Hopefully she's everything she seems to be.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Trump to Speak at CPAC in First Post-Presidency Appearance

Ian Walters, spokesman for the American Conservative Union, confirmed that Trump will be speaking at the group’s annual Conservative Political Action Conference on Feb. 28.

Trump is expected to use the speech to talk about the future of the Republican Party and the conservative moment, as well as to criticize President Joe Biden’s efforts to undo his immigration policies, according to a person who spoke on condition of anonymity.

CPAC is being held this year in Orlando, Florida, and will feature a slew of former Trump administration officials including former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, as well as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.

Trump has been keeping a relatively low profile since he moved from the White House to Palm Beach, Florida, in January, but reemerged last week to conduct a series of phone interviews to commemorate the death of conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh.

Trump has a long history with CPAC, which played a key role in his emergence as a political force.

https://www.westernjournal.com...tent=libertyalliance

I am proud of my state for it's conservative policies but SE Florida is becoming a cesspool of liberal thought with all the pettifoggers moving into the area from the NE. (Don't NY my Florida!) Having Trump, and powerhouse Republican activities in their midst is piss in their Wheaties and I love it. I expect to hear Trump lambaste RINOS for their disloyalty in his speech at the CPAC, it will be worth hearing.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
SCOTUS has denied hearing any of Pennsylvania's election challenges - no standing before the election and now moot that the election is over. Roll Eyes

SCOTUS has also said that New York prosecutors can have Trump's tax returns.

Sorry for CNN link, they are only outlet with story for now, decisions were just announced:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22...eme-court/index.html

Trump taxes:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/2...-ny-prosecutors.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Half the Republicans is only 20% of the voters. Doomed to failure.

flashguy

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Trump taxes:

Aside from continuing the Orange Man Bad temper tantrum, why do his taxes even matter now?

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Aside from continuing the Orange Man Bad temper tantrum, why do his taxes even matter now?

Because their mission and purpose in life now is to make sure he can't run again and to try to discredit him in any way.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... I will now be ignoring any regulations, rules, edicts or any other crap that the SCOTUS finds to be "Constitutional". They have lost all credibility with my family.

Save for 2, that entire body needs to be permanently retired.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’d like to see a new party stand up. I’d prefer Trump not run but that new candidates like DeSantis with Trump support be the lead candidate. Done correctly, this would open the part to the middle. I respect and support President Trump, but he is so polarizing that I honestly think we need a different candidate - with his support and active participation.

Honestly, I also worry about his age and health - though no doubt he will continue to be a whirlwind until his last day. No going quietly into the night with him - only on his terms. Probably not popular with this group - but I think this is what it will take.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
I’d like to see a new party stand up. I’d prefer Trump not run but that new candidates like DeSantis with Trump support be the lead candidate.
Or Devin Nunes. Or Alan West, though some think his bread isn't entirely buttered. I like him...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've not been particularly impressed with West the past 6 months

I think one of his breakers might have blown - he doesn't seem to be running on all cylinders

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d like to see a new party stand up. I’d prefer Trump not run but that new candidates like DeSantis with Trump support be the lead candidate. Done correctly, this would open the part to the middle. I respect and support President Trump, but he is so polarizing that I honestly think we need a different candidate - with his support and active participation.

Honestly, I also worry about his age and health - though no doubt he will continue to be a whirlwind until his last day. No going quietly into the night with him - only on his terms. Probably not popular with this group - but I think this is what it will take.

Why people want to do it the hard way is beyond me. If there isn't enough support to throw RINOs out in primaries then there won't be enough support to win with a third party. Recruit good candidates and take back the GOP. Otherwise, you are doomed to failure because at least 20 percent of the GOP will stay and there is no way enough Dems cross over to make that up. It's a fantasy probably being pushed by the left.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Why people want to do it the hard way is beyond me. If there isn't enough support to throw RINOs out in primaries then there won't be enough support to win with a third party. Recruit good candidates and take back the GOP. Otherwise, you are doomed to failure because at least 20 percent of the GOP will stay and there is no way enough Dems cross over to make that up. It's a fantasy probably being pushed by the left.
Watch out! ensigmatic will get you.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
SCOTUS has denied hearing any of Pennsylvania's election challenges - no standing before the election and now moot that the election is over. Roll Eyes

Sorry for CNN link, they are only outlet with story for now, decisions were just announced:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22...eme-court/index.html

Trump taxes:

Sad day. This just shows how deep the corruption is in our government and that even the judges are in on it or afraid. No matter what I know that God is the only one in control of all things and knows all things. His will be done. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
It is no longer the Supreme Court, it is the "Supreme Cowards".

Roberts is terrified to take a firm stance on basic right or wrong. Sad that the highest court in the land is afraid to fulfill it's role in our form of govt.

also disappointing that Kavanaugh and Amy Barrett seem to be weak in fighting for true justice.

We see too much weak timber in all parts of our govt.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

I honestly do not full disagree with you, and my point why another candidate is why we need a 3rd party. The GOP roots run deep, taking it back in likely multiple election cycles. I think we have an opportunity to bring sanity back, in part because the reaction to the DEM idiocy is generating a backlash. To do this though, we need election integrity and to stop them from packing courts, packing districts with Illegal voters, etc. We need an aggressive strategy and execution and that will only come with creation of a 3rd party. I too have been on the train to reform the GOP, no 3rd party wins, etc. I’m not anymore. A bit of a Hail Mary, I’ll agree. Doug Flutie connected, so can we.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The Supreme Chickenshits are running scared of the democrats and their threat to pack the court so they punt on everything.

Disappointing collection of black-robed cowards.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post