SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
FoxNews says Trump has said he won't sign a bailout with Green New Deal shit in it.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Hopefully he used those same exact words...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, gonna get a little long here but I think I see where we are heading.

Most of us are aware that the 2 week national stay at home time was meant to give the health profession time to gear up with beds and supplies as well as private gearing up production of medical equipment of all types.

Now for The Plan.

Trump decided early on to institute the 2 week breathing room described above and then to slowly restart the economy.

Trump convinced Cuomo to help him form a tag team effort to get the media and citizens onboard with the "we can do both" approach to this virus. This meaning fight the virus and restart the economy.

I think the evidence of Trump and Cuomo tag teaming is pretty clear.

When Trump talked about the combo of Hydrochloroquine and Z Pack being a solid treatment for the virus, the media panned the idea. In fact, they made fun of it.
Then Cuomo said New York state is going to try it.
Presto!
The media is on board.

Trump is brilliant. Trust the plan.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump is brilliant. Trust the plan.

I'd like to believe that part of the plan is to propose all of this 'free money' for everyone and then let the Democrats shit all over themselves trying to put every part of their agenda into the bill until...

Time is up! We don't need that anymore. Let's get back to work.

And everyone who wanted a check knows they didn't get one because of the Democrats and everyone against the bailouts is happy because they didn't happen. Brilliant!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’d be fine with that!

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I’d be fine with that!

Me too.

I don't want corporate america to get one thin dime of my tax dollars. I'm kinda torn on using my taxes to help people that had to go without a check, but then again, we're supposed to have 3 months of savings so.......maybe they could stop buying beer, smokes, and dope for a month.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm not opposed to corporate America getting federal funding as long as its understood that its a loan and not a grant. Also, the money should be used to keep employees from being laid off or to maintain sensitive infrastructure

I would be opposed to giving the airlines $50 billion do that the management can go and buy company shares at a discount which does nothing for the company and everything for the board of directors

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure if this has been posted, so I thought I’d throw out a bit of humor, if that’s ok with Para. Please delete this if not ok here.

I just heard that KFC has a new special meal called The Pelosi.

It’s just left wings and chicken shit.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
...Is Cuomo going along with this? It's his state that is by far the hardest hit.

NY is begging for - more like DEMANDING - help from the feds. Is this the same sanctuary state that has told ICE to f@@@ off?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings about giving stimulus money to corporations that are not based in the US, like most of the cruise ship companies, some motels/hotels, and some manufacturing, etc. They have their corporate headquarters in other countries to avoid paying US taxes; yet they think they deserve a bailout. That's bullshit!

I realise they have Americans working for them, but give the bailout money to the workers & let whatever tax haven country where they're based bail the corporation out.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Matt Gaetz was on Tucker tonight saying legislation should forbid bailout of Chinese-owned corporations.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The US should impose the Wuhan-China Bat-Soup Virus Reparation Tariffs. Maybe make it a world wide tariff.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I think I’m going to quarantine myself from the Coronavirus thread for a couple of weeks; I don’t want to catch what they’ve got.

Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
I'm not excited about a 3 TRILLIAN dollar bailout at all. My great grandkids will be paying that off. It's nearly 33% of our GDP. And the crap the Dems want boils my blood!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Yesterday afternoon my wife & I were watching the local news on the local ABC affiliate, (The only time we watch network tv), when they cut to Trumps press conference on the China Virus.

When that was over & they went back to the network, the ABC National News was on. Every time the talking head or one of the reporters in the field made a comment, we'd look at each other in amazement. We had just watched the same thing they did, but practically everything they said was pure fantasy.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the guy Big Grin

President Trump taunted Mitt Romney on Wednesday after the Utah senator tested negative for coronavirus, ostensibly cheering the news before going on to slam his record as a presidential candidate and member of Congress.

“This is really great news! I am so happy I can barely speak. He may have been a terrible presidential candidate and an even worse U.S. Senator, but he is a RINO, and I like him a lot!” Trump tweeted early Wednesday.

A “RINO,” as Trump called Romney, stands for “Republican In Name Only.”

Romney, R-Utah, went into self-quarantine after learning on Sunday that Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., with whom he had spent time over the weekend during negotiations over the Senate GOP’s proposed stimulus package, had tested positive.

Romney was tested for COVID-19 on Monday and received negative results late Tuesday, but said he would stay quarantined.

"Thankfully, I tested negative for COVID-19," Romney tweeted. "Nevertheless, guidance from my physician, consistent with CDC guidelines, requires me to remain in quarantine as the test does not rule out the onset of symptoms during the 14-day period."

Trump, during a press briefing on Sunday, first learned of Romney’s potential exposure.

“Romney‘s in isolation?” Trump said. “Gee, that’s too bad.”

When asked if there was sarcasm in his comment, he said: “No, none at all.”

Trump and Romney have long been at odds. Romney broke party ranks last month, voting in favor of finding Trump guilty of abuse of power in the Senate’s impeachment trial. Romney, though stuck with Republican senators in voting to acquit Trump on the second article of impeachment—obstruction of Congress.

Romney and Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, who also went into self-quarantine after interacting with Paul, have missed key procedural votes on a phase three stimulus bill. Those votes failed, but senators have since struck a deal and plan to call up the legislation in the near future.

Sens. Cory Gardner, R-Co., and Rick Scott, R-Fla., also missed the votes and are in self-quarantine after having interacted with other individuals who tested positive for COVID-19.

Paul is the only senator known to have tested positive at this time.

Meanwhile, Trump also took a swipe at Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels' former attorney, who requested he be released from prison amid the coronavirus outbreak. A judge on Tuesday rejected Avenatti's plea.

"Gee, that’s too bad. Such a fine guy. Presidential aspirations you know!" Trump tweeted.

Avenatti, in 2019, briefly weighed a presidential run. He is currently doing time after being convicted of extortion.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ver-coronavirus-test

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
WH and the Senate agree on the stimulus package.

Let's get on with this, let's get back to work.

https://www.foxnews.com

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
How many deaths are acceptable?
- some idiot reporter to the President this afternoon

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post