SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump informed that several senators, including Mittens, are in isolation Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This from a story about the Senate failing to pass emergency legislation yesterday.

quote:

A senior Republican aide said that Democrats were trying to add a host of unrelated measures to the coronavirus package, including expanding collective bargaining power for unions, increased fuel emission standards for airlines and more wind and solar tax credits.

Bastards. Nor can we forget Pelosi tried to slip a repeal of the Hyde Amendment into the House’s Coronavirus bill.

The whole article.
Politico Article on Coronavirus Legislation

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good press meeting by President DJT yesterday.

Makes Obama look like an amateur and I did not felt talked down to, as Federalism was explained.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The Chinese will never admit to anything. That's just a cultural reality. We could have signed confessions and video of them dropping a big jar of Coronavirus on the sidewalk, and they'd not cop to anything. My wife is from China and denies it's her 30" long black hair on our white carpets. Anything that has a remotely accusatory tone gets a knee-jerk denial from Chinese folks, evidence be damned.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
This from a story about the Senate failing to pass emergency legislation yesterday.

quote:

A senior Republican aide said that Democrats were trying to add a host of unrelated measures to the coronavirus package, including expanding collective bargaining power for unions, increased fuel emission standards for airlines and more wind and solar tax credits.

Bastards. Nor can we forget Pelosi tried to slip a repeal of the Hyde Amendment into the House’s Coronavirus bill.

The whole article.
Politico Article on Coronavirus Legislation
HEADS....ON....PIKES right now on the capital lawn!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
The Chinese will never admit to anything. That's just a cultural reality. We could have signed confessions and video of them dropping a big jar of Coronavirus on the sidewalk, and they'd not cop to anything. My wife is from China and denies it's her 30" long black hair on our white carpets. Anything that has a remotely accusatory tone gets a knee-jerk denial from Chinese folks, evidence be damned.
We need to be less focused on accusing them of anything, but rather, we need as a world community to band together and punish them severely economically. We may not be able to collapse the Chinese economy (though I would suggest we make that the focus), but we as a world community can most assuredly injure them severely.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
Very good press meeting by President DJT yesterday.

Makes Obama look like an amateur and I did not felt talked down to, as Federalism was explained.

Is there a video snip of this segment of the press conference? I took the weekend off from the all of the news freak-out about the 'Chinese Virus' and missed it. I'd REALLY like to see this without having wading through all 1.5-2 hours of the press conference!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think the best way to start to punish the Chinese for their attempt to take over the planet is to stop buying their products where possible
WalMart is going to take a hit as the factory outlet store for China but if thats what it takes, then so be it.

Their economy is a lot more fragile than ours and while we're taking a hit, the only thing they know is power so to remove it, we need to crush their economy back into the dark ages

I'm convinced that this was a deliberate release of an engineered bug by the Chinese with the sole purpose to cripple western economies

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not sure if posted earlier, but it would seem Onumb-nutz depleted our supply of N95 masks during the Swine Flu epidemic and never replaced them...

Report: Obama Admin Depleted Stockpile of N95 Masks, Never Restored

President Donald Trump may be right to claim that he “inherited” a system that was not ready to fight a pandemic, according to a report that the Obama administration depleted the nation’s stock of N95 masks and never restored it.

The Washington Examiner, citing Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times, reported Monday that the Obama administration used millions of N95 masks in the fight against the H1N1 virus in 2009, but did not replace them:

The national shortage of N95 respirator masks can be traced back to 2009 after the H1N1 swine flu pandemic, when the Obama administration was advised to replenish a national stockpile but did not, according to reports from Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times.

A federally backed task force and a safety equipment organization both recommended to the Obama administration that the stockpile be replenished of the 100 million masks used after the H1N1 outbreak, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Charles Johnson, president of the International Safety Equipment Association, said that advice was never heeded.

Bloomberg News reported similar findings last week, noting, “after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

The Trump administration has enlisted the support of private industry to produce hundreds of millions of masks, which are primarily needed for hospitals, and health care workers on the front lines of the fight against coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...asks-never-restored/

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

I am so very down with that, sir!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

I am so very down with that, sir!!!
Medieval, but effective. . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
No school like old school!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
At today's briefing, was nice to hear the President talk about getting the country back to work - and the cure being worse than the problem (1:27:30) no doubt the corrupt media will spin that

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tom Friedman in today’s NYT has a column citing Ioannidis and David Katz; he’s arguing the same thing that Victor Davis Hanson was arguing on Fox News last week, and that President Trump is saying: don’t let the cure be worse than the disease.
Two weeks or so of isolation, then “surgically” isolate us old farts while the young‘uns go back to work.
We’ll know very soon whether the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin combo works for this and is safe (it’s being prescribed off-label anyway).
If this is done then IMO it would be better for there not to be a multi-trillion dollar stimulus, at least not one done under blackmail by the fucking Democrat blood-suckers.

The point is, I see reasonable people of both sides coming together on this, and the President will lead the way.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You all know Sen. Susan Collins (R, ME), she’s a moderate Republican (at best) that has voted with the Dems on many occasions. Yesterday, however, she was firm about where she stood and who she stood with, excoriating the Dems for their delaying tactics and obstruction in passing the “emergency” Coronavirus stimulus package. She lit them up!

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good on her!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Who is advising the Dems to sabotage Trump by pushing for the New Green Deal as part of a Wuhan Bat-soup Virus bailout? It seems suicidal to me.
Is Cuomo going along with this? It's his state that is by far the hardest hit.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Susan Collins illustrates what you already know: Democrats are evil.
Maybe not all of them, all of the time, but they did vote for Chuck Schemer and Nancy Pelosi to lead them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
In regard to how divided Americans have been for the past several years...I've been saying we need a legit crisis to bring everyone together. Something along the lines of an attack from an enemy, or global catastrophe that would spur everyone to realize we're on the same team and to end all the petty arguments and silly views expressed these days.

For about a day, I thought this could be that disaster, I guess I was wrong about people and politicians coming together...well, mostly politicians...Democrat politicians to be more specific.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
for the last three plus years, we've had an enemy trying to destroy the country

after the past few weeks, we now have two...

disgusting display of crap by the dems - and I hope everyone takes notice. If they pass this pork-laden travesty, I hope the President veto's it on national TV and explains in the most graphic language possible exactly what stunts they tried to pull for purely partisan purposes knowing they wouldn't be able to get their pork projects if they behaved legitimately.

the gloves need to come off and we need to fight the enemy - being nice is no longer an option in this country if we want to keep it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post