SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
...[snip]...
and also that it would slow down the legislative process.

As if slowing down the legislative process would be a bad thing.

The one tiny sliver of light in the grey cloud that is the impeachment hoax is that while those jackals are busy with their failed coup they are not producing more lousy laws.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

The one tiny sliver of light in the grey cloud that is the impeachment hoax is that while those jackals are busy with their failed coup they are not producing more lousy laws.

Exactly, as a general rule the less they do the better off the country is!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul Discusses Whistleblower Eric Ciaramella During Floor Speech: “Were they plotting in the halls of congress to bring down this president?”...

Earlier today Senator Rand Paul delivered his remarks on impeachment from the Senate floor. During his remarks Senator Paul highlighted the real and present danger of allowing agents within government to plot against a sitting president.

Senator Paul asks the same question he presented to Chief Justice John Roberts as the presiding officer of the Senate trial. A question Roberts refused to ask:

“Are you aware that House intelligence committee staffer Shawn Misko had a close relationship with Eric Ciaramella while at the National Security Council together; and are you aware -and how do you respond to- reports that Ciaramella and Misko may have worked together to plot impeaching the President before there were formal house impeachment proceedings?“

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
great job by Rand Paul. He can be a PIA. but once in a while he nails it. He nailed it here.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
“Trump could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election,” he said. “Or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago personally and let Jared Kushner run the country, delegating to him the decision whether to go to war.” - Adam Schiff

This guy is totally fucking un-hinged. He lives in a complete fantasy land, and spins anew, for every occasion, a tale of his own making. Unbelievable. And the local CBS and ABC radio affiliates keep quoting this absolute loon and his made-up talking points like they matter.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
What's next? "Trump will sell planet Earth to Mars so he can find Space Force, he must be stopped!!!!"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
“Trump could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election,” he said. “Or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago personally and let Jared Kushner run the country, delegating to him the decision whether to go to war.” - Adam Schiff

This guy is totally fucking un-hinged. He lives in a complete fantasy land, and spins anew, for every occasion, a tale of his own making. Unbelievable. And the local CBS and ABC radio affiliates keep quoting this absolute loon and his made-up talking points like they matter.

The fact that this is being quoted by fake news thinking they are helping could be a really good thing. The statement is so bizarre most people...yes even a lot of dems will find it ridiculous.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
God, I hope so. The idea of people hearing that nonsense and nodding their heads in agreement honestly frightens me.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...etrayal%20of%20Trump

John Bolton’s PAC Money Dries Up as Top Republican Funders Shun Him Following Betrayal of Trump

Neocon warmonger John Bolton betrayed President Donald Trump last week to promote his soon-to-be-released book, but he is learning that his disloyal and disreputable actions will have severe consequences.

Several of President Trump’s biggest and most influential supporters are on the war path against Bolton, making sure that his political action committee (PAC) and super PAC receives no funding from prominent Republican donors.

“You’re on the president’s side or you’re not. It’s simple,” said Arthur Schwartz, a GOP consultant closely tied to the Trump White House.

The pro-Trump GOP king makers are using their clout to influence their colleagues to deny Bolton the cash he needs to run his operations. The mustache-laden turncoat is getting frozen out from the lucrative Republican donor class that has sustained him for decades.

Bolton’s super PAC and his PAC are currently supporting five Republican lawmakers, including Sens. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Cory Gardner of Colorado and Thom Tillis of North Carolina as well as Reps. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and Lee Zeldin of New York. These legislators may want to distance themselves from Bolton’s operation if they wish to stay in the president’s good graces.

“He’s dead to everyone,” an aide to a Trump super donor told CNBC, adding that it is a “safe assumption” that Bolton’s operation will not last much longer.

The president’s son has essentially confirmed what the donors are saying. Bolton has made his bed, and he will now have to sleep in it.

“Bolton is going to wake up Thursday, come to the sad realization that he’s running out of usefulness to his newfound Democrat/media ‘friends’ and will be facing a very lonely end to his lackluster (could never get Senate confirmation) career,” Donald Trump Jr. wrote in a comment to CNBC.

President Trump:

….many more mistakes of judgement, gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book. All Classified National Security. Who would do this?

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

House Impeachment Manager and House Oversight Chairman Adam Schiff warned Monday that President Donald Trump might give Alaska to the Russians if he is not impeached.

“Trump could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election,” he said. “Or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago personally and let Jared Kushner run the country, delegating to him the decision whether to go to war.”

There is something seriously wrong with that smirking, bug-eyed fool. Eek

Can none of these Democrats HEAR THEMSELVES right now and see that they are looking and sounding like total lunatics? Damn.
To answer your question: No, I think many, if onot most, of them actually believe what they are spouting--their view of the World and the USA is radically different from reality as we see it. I think a lot of them honestly think that all those dire things they posit could, and would, happen. They are that deluded and divorced from real life.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Collins and Murkowski to acquit President Trump

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oooh, the pressure's on Shitt Romney.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Well, a Democrat President (Jimmy Carter) did give away the Panama Canal. Another one might well consider giving away Alaska or Hawaii, and the Dems would thereby project that possibility onto a Republican President.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
how disappointing

AOC:

After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not use my presence at a state ceremony to normalize Trump’s lawless conduct & subversion of the Constitution.

None of this is normal, and I will not legitimize it.

Consequently, I will not be attending the State of the Union.

xxxxxxxx

Mark Dice reply:

You won't be missed.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1224794340272242689

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Sen. McConnell's 16:27 video reviewing the pending impeachment vote and related procedures to this point:

https://videos.whatfinger.com/...uit-president-trump/

Most excellent.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
probably not needed, but just in case

The annual SoU address will take place at 9:10pm ET tonight and will be carried live on all networks.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
how disappointing

AOC:

After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not use my presence at a state ceremony to normalize Trump’s lawless conduct & subversion of the Constitution.

None of this is normal, and I will not legitimize it.

Consequently, I will not be attending the State of the Union.

xxxxxxxx

But it's her job to attend. That's what she gets paid to do.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It this case, it is the economy, stupid. Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trumps Victory Speech or State of the Union. The dems are pathetic.

Winning!

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
SOTU the Dems faces seem to be at a funeral - they are seeing the death of their chance in 2020

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post