SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
States can also set up mail in voting/ballot harvesting if they get it through their legislatures regardless if Trump is against it or not correct? Just like they can open or close the economies when they wish. Double edge sword is ever present. This is what concerns me. Wouldn't take many states to do so to change the outcome of a election.

Minnesota could very well go red this next election. Amy Klobuchar has introduced mail in voting bill to the legislature which the dems have the majority. I've said before, I'd much prefer to take my chances with the virus than to have my vote nullified in this way.

This is probably the biggest wet dream the dems hope to get out of this virus and the drum beat for it gets louder everyday.

And if the dems get in the White House again all their clamoring for states rights now will be forgotten never to be mentioned again.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I don't understand. A Senator, House Member or Presidential position is Federal. How does any individual State have the right or authority to corrupt/pervert the electoral process?

A Governors or State Legislators position - OK. But Federal Government positions that impact the other 49 states and everyone living in them?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
That's what I don't understand. A Senator, House Member or Presidential position is Federal. How does any individual State have the right or authority to corrupt/pervert the electoral process?

A Governors or State Legislators position - OK. But Federal Government positions that impact the other 49 states and everyone living in them?

That's a good question, but was anyone bitching loudly back in 1993 when this was passed?

Motor Voter:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...stration_Act_of_1993

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Have I just not noticed this previously? President Trump's hair is gray. Or is that just my TV playing tricks on me?

Frankly I like it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Have I just not noticed this previously? President Trump's hair is gray. Or is that just my TV playing tricks on me?

Frankly I like it.

Maybe The White House hair stylist is a non-essential worker?

I know my ears need lowering very soon. I got my last haircut a week before the shutdown.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We saw that on one briefing, but I think reverted to his usual coloration on another. I’m undecided. We thought he looked better with gray, but I may be prejudiced.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

President Trump announced during a White House address Wednesday that he is considering adjoining Congress and using their absence to make political appointments.

"If the House will not agree to that adjournment I will exercise my constitutional authority to adjourn both chambers of Congress," he said.

The president claimed his administration is understaffed and blamed congressional Democrats for holding up his confirmations and stonewalling his agenda.

Trump added that he has the constitutional authority to dismiss both chambers and accused Congress of failing the American people and shirking their responsibilities as elected leaders.

"The current practice of leaving town while conducting phony, pro forma sessions is a dereliction of duty that the American people cannot afford during this crisis," he said. "It is a scam, what they do."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ess-appoint-nominees

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

That's a good question, but was anyone bitching loudly back in 1993 when this was passed?

Motor Voter:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...stration_Act_of_1993
Some were. I was against it, but didn't have a voice in the matter.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Frankly I like it.
Wouldn't that job turn your hair gray?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

Frankly I like it.
Wouldn't that job turn your hair gray?

flashguy

No doubt.

But I'm 40, and my hair is already gray.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

Frankly I like it.

https://i.postimg.cc/7LMX15L7/20200415-182206.jpg

I think that picture is from today's presser in the Rose Garden. I suspect that with the fairly bright day we had, that the camera was simply over-exposed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fenris,

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...trump-on-coronavirus

MSNBC host suggests Biden form ‘shadow government’ to counter Trump on coronavirus

Published 13 mins ago
By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

The U.S. presidential election is still seven months away but an MSNBC host is already suggesting that Democrat Joe Biden set up a “shadow government” against the Trump administration amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Stephanie Ruhle pitched the idea Wednesday during an interview with Jim Messina, who served as deputy chief of staff of operations under former President Barack Obama.

Messina was reacting to news that Obama and Sen. Elizabeth Warren had each endorsed Biden for the presidency in November’s general election.

Messina argued that both Obama and Warren would be valuable surrogates for Biden in the months ahead as the former vice president makes his case for winning the nation’s top job – and took some swipes at President Trump along the way.

“When you see President Trump with his erratic leadership, his daily clown-show press conferences … to have real upstanding leaders like Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren talk about Joe Biden in personal terms -- the kind of leader he would be -- that contrast is really important right now,” Messina said, “and it’s a contrast that the Biden campaign is going to bank on going forward.”

Ruhle then asked whether Biden should be offering his own version of a daily coronavirus briefing, to compete with the White House sessions that Trump has been leading to keep the public informed about the U.S. response to the outbreak.

“Then do they need to do it in a bigger way?” she asked about the Biden campaign. “What did you just call it, the president’s daily clown show -- that’s his press briefing?

“Should Joe Biden be counter-programming that?” Ruhle asked. “Should he be creating his own shadow government, shadow Cabinet, shadow SWAT team -- and getting up there at a podium every night, saying, ‘Here’s the crisis we’re in, here’s what we need to do to address this'?”

Messina responded: “Well, he’s done some of that, right? He’s released the most comprehensive plans of what to do during this COVID crisis.”

Biden faced a lot of criticism early in the crisis that he appeared to be standing on the sidelines as other Democrats – particularly New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo but also California Gov. Gavin Newsom, Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer – drew media attention for their news briefings and policy announcements in response to the virus.

Last Sunday, Biden laid out his coronavirus response plan in an op-ed in The New York Times.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
“Should Joe Biden be counter-programming that?” Ruhle asked. “Should he be creating his own shadow government, shadow Cabinet, shadow SWAT team -- and getting up there at a podium every night, saying, ‘Here’s the crisis we’re in, here’s what we need to do to address this'?”

A "shadow SWAT team"... no, that doesn't sound threatening at all. Notice that nowhere in here do they suggest that Biden himself actually become more visible to people, that Biden himself actually campaign. No, they just advocate a herd of people making noise and acting important.

They already have that. It's called "the media".

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an excellent article from American Thinker today.

Suppose Trump Had Acted Earlier Against the Wuhan Virus?
By Brian C. Joondeph
American Thinker
April 16, 2020

Petulant propagandists, disguised as journalists, have a new talking point. President Trump was asleep at the wheel earlier this year, eating Big Macs, sipping covfefe, watching Fox and Friends, totally missing the boat on the Chinese Coronavirus outbreak. Their new narrative is that Trump could haveand should have acted sooner and if he had, all would be normal in the world.

This is the latest chapter in the book of Orange Man Bad, previous chapters including the Ukraine phone call, Russian collusion, Mueller, Stormy, Avenatti, Omarosa, and Manafort, just to name a few. Say what you want about the Fake News media, but they are persistent and determined, even if they remain "an enemy of the people" as characterized by Trump.

Too bad their energies are always directed against Trump, rather than subjects given only a brief glance, such as Benghazi, Hillary Clinton's emails, the Steele/Brennan dossier, and real election interference.

The New York Times, briefly distracted by rewriting their tweets describing Joe Biden being credibly accused of sexual assault, took up the role of drum major in the media's Get Trump jihad.

Here is a NY Times headline and lead from April 11,

"He could have seen what was coming: Behind Trump's failure on the virus.

An examination reveals the president was warned about the potential for a pandemic but that internal divisions, lack of planning and his faith in his own instincts led to a halting response."

The same day, in another article they wrote,

"An examination by The New York Times reveals that there were warnings from the intelligence community, national security aides and government health officials - even as the president played down the crisis."

It almost seems the NY Times had a "Orange Man Bad" special edition to ring in the Easter weekend.

The NY Times, in John Kerry fashion, was against restrictions before they were for them. On January 31 they ran an op ed warning,

"We should keep this sense of caution in mind in case American politicians begin pushing for travel bans, overbroad quarantines or other measures that might not be supported by the science."

Which is it? Was he too aggressive or too passive? Did he jump the gun or drop the ball? Consistency is an irrelevant concept in modern journalism, replaced by situational outrage. The media is perpetually against anything Trump is for, or vice versa, changing their narrative to fit whatever the President is doing or saying at the moment. The only consistency is that he is an ignorant and racist rube, incapable of tying his shoes without proper oversight by the White House press corp.

Suppose President Trump had acted earlier, as the shrieking media cranks claim he should have. How might that have looked?

Dates are important in the construct of timelines and reactions. The first COVID test positive patient in the US was on January 20. The Senate impeachment trial began on January 16, four days before the first COVID case in the US. What if Trump, upon learning of this first case, and based on the CDC implementing public health entry screening at 3 US airports on January 17, instituted a national stay-at-home order for the entire country? This of course would have included all members of Congress, effectively ending the impeachment trial.

Anyone want to guess the chyrons on CNN? Words like "despot," "tyrant," and "dictator" would have featured prominently.

If deaths were the trigger, Trump, after the first US death on February 29, could have then issued a stay-at-home order, cancelling or postponing Super Tuesday primaries on March 3. The media would have reacted and claimed that Trump was sabotaging or rigging the opposition party's elections. Would he be colluding with the Chinese this time rather than the Russians? Schiff and Nadler would be giddy with delight at getting another bite at the impeachment apple over Trump subverting an election.

Suppose by executive order, in early February, after declaring the coronavirus a public health emergency on January 31, President Trump
cancelled all professional sporting events, Mardi Gras, classroom education, from kindergarten through graduate school, and mandated social distancing as we are seeing today? Imagine the outcry. Trump would be a fascist totalitarian.

This would still be well in advance of Nancy Pelosi, at the end of February telling San Franciscans to "visit Chinatown" insisting that it is "very safe".

Trump actually did act quickly and aggressively ahead of the viral pandemic. The Monday morning quarterbacks who poo pooed Trump's early reactions, labeling them unnecessary, racist, and xenophobic were behind the times.

Imagine if Trump in the future did as his detractors say he should have done now. What if in a year or two when there is another viral outbreak somewhere in the world, Trump shuts the country down?

The left, so-called guardians of civil liberties, would be apoplectic. They had best be careful what they wish for.

Brian C Joondeph, MD, is a Denver based physician and freelance writer whose
pieces have appeared in American Thinker, Daily Caller, Rasmussen Reports,
and other publications. Follow him on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and
QuodVerum.

https://www.americanthinker.co..._trump_had_acted_ear
lier_against_the_wuhan_virus.html

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...m-ineligible-voters/

Government Accountability Insititute (GAI) research director Eric Eggers, author of Fraud: How the Left Plans to Steal the Next Election, says the Democrats’ plan for nationwide mail-in voting would send ballots to 24 million inaccurate and flawed voter registrations.

“The concern I have if we’re trying to mandate national mail-in elections — which by the way was part of the language that Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats inserted in the first version of the most recent stimulus package — would be that we have such massive problems with voter rolls in this country,” Eggers said. “So, now are we going to be mailing ballots to people that authentically don’t exist and or are ineligible voters?”

A 2012 study by Pew Research Center revealed that there are 24 million ineligible or inaccurate voter registrations on state voter rolls. This means 1-in-8 voter registrations are either no longer valid or invalid.

Eggers said mail-in voting ensures voters associated with those flawed voter registrations would get the chance to vote in the 2020 presidential election.

“If you have national mail-in ballots where the supervisor of elections are mailing ballots to everybody on the voter rolls and we know per Pew [Research] Center statistics that we’ve got at least 24 million flawed or inaccurate voter registrations in this country,” Eggers said. “That’s 24 million ballots that are potentially going to people with the wrong address or to people that are dead or to people that have double registered.”

Similarly, nationwide mail-in voting would almost certainly be tied to federal legalization of ballot harvesting, where political operatives are allowed to collect and deliver an endless number of absentee ballots from voters.

“You’ve got these paid political machines whose job it is to manipulate or to capitalize on those errors … the other problem I’d have is another part that was mandated in the Democrat-version of the stimulus bill which would be the legalization of … national ballot harvesting,” Eggers said.

As Breitbart News reported, the George Soros-funded Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law is spearheading the nationwide mail-in voting initiative.

Today, there are nearly 250 counties across the United States with more registered voters on the voter rolls than eligible citizen voters. There are also nearly three million individuals who are registered to vote in more than one state

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and several states have made it easy for illegals to register to vote. All they have to do is "not check a box" on their driver license application, and bingo - they are automatically registered to vote

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Run Silent
Run Deep

Picture of Patriot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

MSNBC host suggests Biden form ‘shadow government’ to counter Trump on coronavirus

Why is the theme of "Get Smart" playing in my head....

Big Grin

Posts: 6978 | Location: South East, Pa | Registered: July 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Blatantly treasonous bastards!!! Mad

Surely the useful idiots were applauding.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Suppose Trump Had Acted Earlier Against the Wuhan Virus?

Excellent article, point by point.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Sorry to bring this up about the evening news conferences ... but yesterday Fauci rubbed his nose on his sleeve and today, just now, Dr Birx rubbed her nose. Then she rested her hands on the podium. And now the President is touching the podium. Seems to me some people have allergies or colds ... This is one way colds or worse spread. I got the nastiest bronchitis this January, probably from shaking hands. At least, I think it was B.

So I'm hoping DJT will give symptomatic people time off from the evening press conferences.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post