SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Will find you a link. It was on the Bing search page.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
For years I've suggested a far more simple solution for the bloodlust to pass both more regulations and laws. Want to pass a new reg or law? Then 10 current regs/laws will need to be identified and eliminated with each new reg/law. For each new worthless reg/law we rid ourselves of 10 worthless regs/laws. Eventually, we'll get where we need to be.

Yeah, I had the same idea several years ago. I started out with a 3 to 1 ratio and got up to 15 to one. Two tweaks: First, No new omnibus laws. Each new law does one thing and one thing only. Second, when counting laws being removed, an omnibus law counts as one. All provisions get removed, but it is counted as only one law removed.

It’s a nice fantasy, but I don’t see it happening.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
What do you do when you're a wealthy South Florida property owner who's been reported to the "association" for flying a Trump flag on your home and been required by said association to take down said flag. You opt for a better way to express your support for your president. Big Grin

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
What do you do when you're a wealthy South Florida property owner who's been reported to the "association" for flying a Trump flag on your home and been required by said association to take down said flag. You opt for a better way to express your support for your president. Big Grin

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dgbwjFgsfP8" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

'Merica!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
^^^Awesome! Here's the rest of the story:

https://www.naplesnews.com/sto...umptilla/5178732002/

quote:

Gavidia, who came to the U.S. from Peru as a boy before gaining citizenship in the 1990s, loves the president.

“I took (the flag) down but I wanted to show support for the president,” he said. “Because I really was grateful. I thought I was going to die.”

Gavidia was referring to a recent bout he said he had with the coronavirus, which he suspects he picked up while on a ski trip with his family in Aspen, Colorado.

Hospitalized at one point, Gavidia said he said he later self-administered hydroxychloroquine he tracked down in Georgia.

The drug — approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis — has been simultaneously touted by Trump as a potential treatment option and decried by medical leaders.

But Gavidia, retired after a career spanning from days as a street vendor in Washington, D.C., to starting a credit card processing business called Direct Connect, swears by the stuff.

“I’m telling you,” Gavidia said. “It saved my ass."

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Every day down here probably better than 3/4 of the boats are flying a Trump Flag or have a wrap on the hull. Homes have banners for Trump. There is a lot of support that just does not get reported but in Palm Beach country very strong. Even one of my Dr.’s said yesterday he was no strong Trump fan and favored Bloomberg - but the press and the lock down were trying to hurt Trump and politics has no business in healthcare. Trump has done a pretty good job and continues to do so - interesting to hear more and more of this. He will be voting for Trump. Lots of people like that.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
https://nationalpost.com/opini...?video_autoplay=true

Rex Murphy
May 20, 2020
3:32 PM EDT

The volume of sustained, emotive, one-dimensional reporting on the Trump collusion with Russia story has no parallel. It occupied every platform, from the smallest blog, to Twitter, Facebook, cable news, newspapers and mainstream broadcasters (in Canada as well as the U.S.), almost every day for nearly three whole years.

If its underlying premise was correct this was perfectly justified. For since the founding of the greatest republic in the world, the United States of America, there has never been such a charge brought against a sitting president — that he was an agent, an instrument of, a conspirator with the leader of its principal enemy. Such was the charge against Donald Trump. That he was a tool of Russia’s grim leader, Vladimir Putin, that Putin with sovereign deviousness had infected U.S. democracy, and with serpentine brilliance installed into the absolute highest office of the world’s most powerful country a pawn and a stooge.

This carried the corollary that Trump, by all and every standard, was the most conniving, greedy and utterly despicable human being ever to have exited the womb of an American mother. Compared with Trump, Benedict Arnold was a Boy Scout, Eagle class.

This, in full, was the premise of the Russian collusion story. It stirred a mass journalistic frenzy, and any contribution to its narrative, which even tendentiously supported that narrative, was ravenously picked up and breathlessly fed into the great journalistic machine.

And it was all garbage. Collusion was a delusion. A willing delusion, I would maintain. Willing because every bien pensant journalist felt not just driven, but authorized by his or her social, intellectual and moral superiority to the vulgar Donald Trump, to find and scatter every hint, rumour, leak and — in some cases — outright lies that could lead to his political and personal ruin.

All the journalists who bought into this fable, and they were the majority, were wrong. They were dead wrong. The collusion story has proven to be a hoax. It has collapsed. It is not just Monty Python’s famed dead parrot — (E’s kicked the bucket, ‘e’s shuffled off ‘is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisible!) — it is a whole flock of dead parrots. It is as dead, as Dickens declared of Marley, as a door nail.

To put a cap on it, the establishment press and all its satellites got the biggest, most explosive story of the past century — Donald Trump was a Russian operative — wrong. It is the journalistic failure of our time.

So, where are the acknowledgements of this calamitous fiasco? The press leaps upon political failures, ineptitudes or malfeasance like a hungry tiger on a stray fawn. It demands commissions and inquiries and hearings “so this kind of thing will never happen again.” It demands penalties, and exposure, and a full record of which things were wrong.

Well what’s sauce for the political goose should be sauce for the journalistic gander. Let’s have a commission of inquiry into how the media got the story so wrong.

The ineptitude and failure here was a continuous three-year run in the opposite direction from the actual truth of the story. How many papers have repented in public of their obsessional fascination with Trump the Colluder? How many reporters, who won awards, earned front pages, membership on political panels, conference attendance, and book deals telling the world how Trump and Putin “stole the election,” have come out with their mea culpas, with even a plaintive bleat of “sorry, I guess we had it wrong?”

Here I agree with Intercept journalist, Glenn Greenwald — a most unlikely harmony and one I hope that does not injure his reputation — who argues: “Ever since Donald Trump was elected, and one could argue even in the months leading up to his election, journalistic standards have been consciously jettisoned when it comes to reporting on public figures who … are ‘most disliked by the loudest voices,’ particularly when such reporting ‘swim(s) ably along with the tides of social media.’ Put another way: As long the targets of one’s conspiracy theories and attacks are regarded as villains by the guardians of mainstream liberal social media circles, journalists reap endless career rewards for publishing unvetted and unproven — even false — attacks on such people, while never suffering any negative consequences when their stories are exposed as shabby frauds.”

It’s a perspective that received a fine echo from a National Review (not a wildly pro-Trump publication) piece: “The Russia–Trump collusion yarn is perhaps the most-promoted false conspiracy theory in American history: Major figures who advanced the theory have now conceded that they had no evidence for it, and yet leading media personalities who hyped it are expressing no shame or remorse whatsoever.”

Likewise, from a Ben Shapiro tweet — he’s being ironic: “I for one, think it’s totally fine that the rest of the media spent three years covering a complete non-story with salivating gusto, and now are very angry that anyone would cover the complete collapse of that story.”

By way of a finale I would add that a particular journalist’s grief over who lost an election (Hillary Clinton), or contempt over the candidate who won (Donald Trump), do not amount to (let me use a Chinese expression) a “mandate from heaven” to wander into the boglands of conspiracy theory because it serves to deepen that grief and expand that contempt.

Nor is it a warrant to abandon objectivity and skepticism, nor a free pass, for when the theory has exploded, to not confess and repent of his or her part in furthering that theory.

I pick the hectoring leftist Rachel Maddow as the prime exemplar here, a full anchor on MSNBC, so passionately anti-Trump that her three years on the “story” should be added as a stand-alone chapter in every journalism school chapbook as a horror account of manic reportage.

Finally, the story of how they got the story wrong should be getting at least some documentary and long-form explication and repentance. But, as no Bible says “From those who most demand accountability shall no accountability be expected. Blessed are they who are righteous on Donald Trump, for they have shall have (and had) their fill.”

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
For since the founding of the greatest republic in the world, the United States of America, there has never been such a charge brought against a sitting president — that he was an agent, an instrument of, a conspirator with the leader of its principal enemy.
Sounds like a description of Obama to me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://theconservativetreehou...ligence/#more-192369

John Ratcliffe confirmed as Director of National Intelligence

Confirmed, 49-44: Executive Calendar #653 John L. Ratcliffe to be Director of National Intelligence @ODNIgov

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good

I hope he seriously cleans house, and brings charges where possible

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The press just got their asses handed to them during the press briefing!!She was asked about Trump pardoning Obama for crimes.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
^^^Awesome! Here's the rest of the story:

https://www.naplesnews.com/sto...umptilla/5178732002/

quote:

Gavidia, who came to the U.S. from Peru as a boy before gaining citizenship in the 1990s, loves the president.

“I took (the flag) down but I wanted to show support for the president,” he said. “Because I really was grateful. I thought I was going to die.”

Gavidia was referring to a recent bout he said he had with the coronavirus, which he suspects he picked up while on a ski trip with his family in Aspen, Colorado.

Hospitalized at one point, Gavidia said he said he later self-administered hydroxychloroquine he tracked down in Georgia.

The drug — approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis — has been simultaneously touted by Trump as a potential treatment option and decried by medical leaders.

But Gavidia, retired after a career spanning from days as a street vendor in Washington, D.C., to starting a credit card processing business called Direct Connect, swears by the stuff.

“I’m telling you,” Gavidia said. “It saved my ass."

Reminds me of a situation several years ago. I believe it was S. Florida.

Home owners association got their tits in an uproar when a homeowner decided to paint the front door of their house. What was their problem? The owner chose the wrong color! Yup! they even told homeowners in their reich what colors they could use.

Also, as I recall, there was a MCF over window screens, too. the "association" didn't like that he was putting up NEW screens without their permission. As I recall, it ended up going to court. Lost track of the outcome.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
where I lived back in NH, the HOA dictated the color of the front door, dictated how long the grass could get on your lawn before they sent you a fine, dictated what kind of plants and flowers you could put in the planting bed at the front of your own home

there are 9 people in NH that are still alive because apparently its against the law to kill asshole nazi's

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
one of the reasons I absolutely hated living in NH the last 5 years I was there

when I decided to move I sold my house at a discount just to get away -

I am all for whatever you can do to destroy HOA's and the people with too much free time who look for things to do

posted Hide Post
Trump press secretary Kayleigh McEnany - damn she is good. Best press secretary I have ever seen. She can go up against the best of them and come out on top.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can only shake my head in amusement when I hear people lecturing others about surrendering their rights and yet they themselves live in houses controlled by covenants or subject themselves to home owners association rules.
Yeah: Spare me your sanctimonious, hypocritical prating. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
My buddy’s new plates for his truck came in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

awesome.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I can only shake my head in amusement when I hear people lecturing others about surrendering their rights and yet they themselves live in houses controlled by covenants or subject themselves to home owners association rules.

Depending on where you are, options for housing without an HOA may be limited. I was quite concerned about the HOA at our last place after the first meeting we attended, but it seems they were all talk, no real issues.

The HOA at our current place is much tougher. Two people on the board. I'm only number two, but I sleep with number one. Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Depending on where you are, options for housing without an HOA may be limited. I was quite concerned about the HOA at our last place after the first meeting we attended, but it seems they were all talk, no real issues.

The HOA at our current place is much tougher. Two people on the board. I'm only number two, but I sleep with number one. Wink

I understand, completely!

I have the same problem!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post