SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Yup. And he bitched and whined about it all the way. LOL!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Pelosi is already suggesting the President should be impeached (abuse of power again) for his 'interference' on Stone's sentencing. Roll Eyes

The democrats will never learn.

https://www.nationalreview.com...g-an-abuse-of-power/

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Pelosi is already suggesting the President should be impeached (abuse of power again) for his 'interference' on Stone's sentencing. Roll Eyes

Oh piss off you dried up evil witch Roll Eyes

POTUS is still allowed to express his OPINION here.

But of course you're really desperate and grabbing at straws here to have any excuse to launch Impeachment II which we know you assholes are cooking up as we speak.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Oh piss off you dried up evil witch Roll Eyes

POTUS is still allowed to express his OPINION here.

But of course you're really desperate and grabbing at straws here to have any excuse to launch Impeachment II which we know you assholes are cooking up as we speak.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Re: Cuomo meeting Trump today in the WH Big Grin

Via Twitter:
quote:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I’m seeing Governor Cuomo today at The White House. He must understand that National Security far exceeds politics. New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment, start cleaning itself up, and lowering taxes. Build relationships, but don’t bring Fredo!

He really knows how to deftly jab these people, doesn't he? Razz

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think the cartoonist made Pelosi too attractive . . . !

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I agree with Barr - President Trump tweets too much about stuff that ultimately hurts the people he might be trying to help

as far as tweeting about his political foes, thats fair game

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here's a long article by Angelo Codevilla on the necessity of reform of intelligence agencies--the CIA specifically--to end their ability to act as a Deep State. I recommend it highly.

quote:
In sum, we find:
CIA is obsolete. Cables show agents’ intelligence takes are inferior to diplomats’. Agent networks are unprotected by counterintelligence. FBI success at counterintelligence ended when the Bureau was politicized and bureaucratized in the 1970s. CIA bottlenecks and incompetently controls strategic intelligence, while the Army and Marines show demonstrable tactical superiority.
As a result, CIA is ideologically partisan. Its strength is in leading or joining domestic campaigns to influence public opinion. FBI has followed suit.
Senior intelligence officials were the key element in the war on Donald Trump’s candidacy and presidency. CIA used meetings that it manufactured as factual bases for lies about campaign advisors seeking Russian information to smear Hillary Clinton. Intelligence began formal investigation and surveillance without probable cause. Agents gained authorization to electronically surveil Trump and his campaign and defended their bureaucratic interests, sidelining Lieutenant General Michael Flynn and denying or delaying Trump appointments and security clearances.
Partisanship produces failure. FISA has incentivized political abuse. “Profiling” has failed repeatedly in high-profile cases like the Atlanta Olympics bombing and the anthrax mail attacks. Perjury trapping has become commonplace.

Finally, we outline the steps that presidents and Congress might take to improve matters:
FISA must be repealed legislatively or through Constitutional challenge in court . It unconstitutionally mingles judicial and executive power in secret. It gave Intelligence a blank check. Hardly “an indispensable tool” for national security, it is now indispensable for partisanship. Broad consensus exists for a legislative “fix,” but none is possible. The secret court’s existence, the heart of the law, allows partisan bureaucrats and allied judges to do what they want in secret.
Functions currently performed by CIA should be sheared down. Data infrastructure and consultant networks should be eliminated. Bipartisan opposition to the Intelligence threat should use fierce resistance and lobbying from Intelligence as evidence of why cuts are in the national interest.
CIA must be disestablished. Its functions should be returned to the Departments of State, Defense, and Treasury. FBI must be restricted to law enforcement. At home, the Agencies are partisan institutions illegitimately focused on setting national policy. Abroad, Agencies untied to specific operational concerns are inherently dangerous and low-value.
Intelligence must return to its natural place as servant, not master, of government. Congress should amend the 1947 National Security Act. The President should broaden intelligence perspectives, including briefs from State, Defense, and Treasury, and abolish CIA’s “covert action.” State should be made responsible for political influence and the armed services for military and paramilitary affairs.

Abolish the CIA and FISA-- Codevilla

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Barr: Mr President, with all due respect, there are times that you should STFU.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Although I fully agree with the above discussion, I have no confidence that anything good will be done about it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Barr: Mr President, with all due respect, there are times that you should STFU.

President Trump's filter from his brain to his keyboard fingers needs a firmware upgrade.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’ve always wondered. Do the tweets come directly from Trump? Or do you think they pass through some kind of intermediary? Ya know, to check spelling, or to make sure he’s not saying something that he really shouldn’t.

The tweets really don’t bug me, but I do know several people that say that’s the only thing they don’t like about him.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The tweets are part of why I think he's the greatest president we've had. He's talking directly to us in a manner which most can comprehend, not through some speech writer that picks and chooses the politically correct words that won't offend.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I’ve always wondered. Do the tweets come directly from Trump? Or do you think they pass through some kind of intermediary? Ya know, to check spelling, or to make sure he’s not saying something that he really shouldn’t.

The tweets really don’t bug me, but I do know several people that say that’s the only thing they don’t like about him.

They are all Trump, I have no doubt.

It would actually be a good idea if he had just one person read his tweets before he fired them off. Seriously, there really are times when he would serve himself and his supporters by occasionally just zipping it.

"Nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say." Will Durant

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
Just read that the Roger Stone jury was composed of rabid dems.
Roger Stone Juror Outs Himself as Hard Core Leftist

Hopefully this will get a lot of attention.

For those criticizing President Trump for his 'Twitter habits' on this and other subjects, IMHO the self-outing of the juror referenced above, and the revelations which confirmed the suspicions of many, would NOT have happened if not for the tweets of PDJT! Additionally, as we now know, Tomeka Hart, the female 'jury foreperson' also self outed on this subject and again, that would NOT have happened either!

Ultimately, Roger Stone's conviction may now be vacated as a result of these developments, and the jury foreperson, who is an attorney, could be guilty of perjury on this, which would result in her Disbarment!

Trump being Trump is a GOOD thing! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Foreperson"? I thought the proper term is "foreman."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You ask President Trump a question, you get an truthful answer:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61KMQ7w974

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Foreperson. You know? Like “Personhole cover?” It’s inclusive of all genders. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I agree with Barr - President Trump tweets too much about stuff that ultimately hurts the people he might be trying to help

as far as tweeting about his political foes, thats fair game

And that's why you're not the POTUS and he is.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post