SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I believe that President Trump is in Yuma today for a milestone event at the border wall

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Victor Davis Hanson is a frequent visitor on Fox News (various shows) and I consider him one of the most erudite individuals I've had the privilege to hear. He is clear and succinct, and very logical.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump:

I have authorized the Federal Government to shoot on site arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S. with up to 10 years in prison, per the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act, or such other laws that may be pertinent…..

…..This action is taken effective immediately, but may also be used retroactively for destruction or vandalism already caused. There will be no exceptions!
When the order is revised as noted above, then I'll be enthusiastic about its enforcement.

Maybe hiring the Hells Angels, Warlocks, Pagans, and Outlaws motorcycle gangs to protect monuments and dole out "corrective action" would be appropriate.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You don’t have to hire them, they’re already volunteering to pretty much do just that already. Been seeing some rumblings about it locally. Bikers For Trump vs leftist shitbags. I may have to stock up on popcorn.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might be entertaining at that Razz

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You don’t have to hire them, they’re already volunteering to pretty much do just that already. Been seeing some rumblings about it locally. Bikers For Trump vs leftist shitbags. I may have to stock up on popcorn.
Bikers for Trump aren't the folks I'm referring to. The Bikers for Trump folks may be a bit rough around the edges, but the Outlaws or Hell Angels would send dozens upon dozens of this filth to the ER or morgues. They play by a whole different set of rules (i.e. they're own) which does not include aspects like mercy, tolerance, debate, negotiation, or care of other human beings. Its time to up the game and take out the garbage.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
He is running some seriously hard-hitting campaign ads. One I saw a little bit ago showed clips of Biden speaking ("you know, the thing" and others) and said he isn't mentally fit to be president. You never saw that from Mittens.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yes, 1%er MC’s included in that as well, around here, that means Bandidos. I figured the Bikers For Trump title worked well enough as a cath-all, but yes, the rough part of that crowd is rumored to be getting quite stirred up.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
This is only about half the article.

"No vacancy left behind."

That quote, repeated over and over by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., in the past year -- to cheers from Republicans and the outrage of Democrats -- has been the creed behind the Senate's single-minded push to confirm as many Trump-nominated federal judges as possible. And the 52-48 confirmation of Cory Wilson to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit on Wednesday means that McConnell, in one respect, has quite literally accomplished that goal.

Wilson fills the final remaining federal circuit court vacancy. None have been left behind.

Wilson also marks the 200th overall lifetime-appointed Article III judge to be confirmed by the Senate during Trump's presidency. Article III courts include federal district courts, circuit courts of appeals, the Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of International Trade. That pace is faster than every other president in history except for Jimmy Carter. President Trump's appointees now make up more than one-quarter of the federal judiciary -- a legacy that will long outlast him and McConnell, the author of a memoir titled "The Long Game."

"The single most consequential thing we can do is these lifetime appointments of men and women to the court who believe that the job of a judge is to follow the law," McConnell told the annual Values Voter conference in 2018.

And on Wednesday, McConnell said on the floor of the Senate that, "[o]nce we confirm Judge Wilson today, the Senate will have confirmed 200, 200 of President Trump's nominees to lifetime appointments on the federal bench. And following number 200, when we depart this chamber today, there will not be a single circuit court vacancy in the country anywhere in the nation for the first time in at least 40 years."

The majority leader also took a shot at Democrats, who have opposed Trump's judicial nominees at an unprecedented rate.

"Our work with the administration to renew our federal courts is not a partisan or political victory," McConnell said. "It's a victory for the rule of law and for the constitution itself. If judges applying the law and the constitution as they're written strikes any of our colleagues as a threat to their political agenda, then the problem, I would argue, is with their agenda."

And the judges McConnell is confirming will likely remain at their posts for decades. Wilson is 49 years old. Justin Walker, who the Senate last week confirmed to the D.C. Circuit, is just 38.

Wilson, like many of the Trump nominees to the influential federal courts of appeals, which are just one step below the Supreme Court, has been zealously opposed by Democrats.

"Judicial nominee Cory Wilson called the Affordable Care Act 'illegitimate' & 'perverse,'" Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., tweeted Tuesday. "He called the NAACP’s concerns about Voter ID laws 'poppycock.' He called groups like the ACLU 'rent-a-mobs.' I call him unqualified & will be voting no on his nomination."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...eals-court-vacancies

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Our work with the administration to renew our federal courts is not a partisan or political victory," McConnell said. "It's a victory for the rule of law and for the constitution itself. If judges applying the law and the constitution as they're written strikes any of our colleagues as a threat to their political agenda, then the problem, I would argue, is with their agenda. "

Boom!

Mic Drop

Exits Podium

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Boom is right! Great line!~

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He's really come around.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump: 132 days until election day

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump: 132 days until election day

Work for it. Take nothing for granted. Know the enemy. Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.

"I don't want any messages saying 'I'm holding my position.' We're not holding a goddamned thing. We're advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding anything except the enemy's balls. We're going to hold him by his balls and we're going to kick him in the ass; twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all the time. Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." --- General George America-First Patton

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump: 132 days until election Re-election day

Added my two cents..!

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-convention-n2571295

Democratic officials said on Wednesday that the presidential nominating convention taking place on Aug. 17-20 in Milwaukee will be almost entirely virtual. The DNC said voting to nominate Biden and his currently-unnamed running mate will also take place virtually, along with other official business. The DNC has asked delegates not to travel to Wisconsin for the convention. The convention will consist of mostly live broadcasts and online streaming, the AP reported.

Efforts by the DNC and the media to shield the candidate from scrutiny during an election year has prompted an outcry from those who believe Americans have a right to know whether the presumptive Democratic nominee is experiencing a sharp decline in his mental faculties. A recent poll found over half of likely voters believe Joe Biden has dementia.

DNC Chairman Tom Perez says the switch to a mostly virtual convention is a matter of public health. The left has been out rioting for weeks, but in August they're back to being deathly afraid of the coronavirus.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but in August they're back to being deathly afraid of the coronavirus.
No, they're deathly afraid of the 'truth' coming out to the entire country. Good luck with that.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-convention-n2571295

Democratic officials said on Wednesday that the presidential nominating convention taking place on Aug. 17-20 in Milwaukee will be almost entirely virtual. The DNC said voting to nominate Biden and his currently-unnamed running mate will also take place virtually, along with other official business. The DNC has asked delegates not to travel to Wisconsin for the convention. The convention will consist of mostly live broadcasts and online streaming, the AP reported.

Efforts by the DNC and the media to shield the candidate from scrutiny during an election year has prompted an outcry from those who believe Americans have a right to know whether the presumptive Democratic nominee is experiencing a sharp decline in his mental faculties. A recent poll found over half of likely voters believe Joe Biden has dementia.

DNC Chairman Tom Perez says the switch to a mostly virtual convention is a matter of public health. The left has been out rioting for weeks, but in August they're back to being deathly afraid of the coronavirus.

And people still cannot seem to grasp that this virus is being sold to them as something it is not. This virus is being used to accomplish so many different things and most importantly the end game has been from nearly the start mass mail in voting. And that's what this virtual nominating convention is about. Build the foundation from which to convince people mail in voting is needed to protect them from catching the virus.

If people can't look back on the last three and half years on what the left and the media have been trying to do to remove Trump and then add the virus into it and see that the virus is being used as just another tool to accomplish that goal they are blinded by fear of the virus already.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Minnesota waives absentee ballot witness signature mandate

https://www.startribune.com/mi...e-mandate/571321422/

"MINNEAPOLIS — Minnesota will waive its witness requirements for absentee ballots for the statewide primary election in August under the settlement of two lawsuits sparked by the health threat from the coronavirus pandemic.

The lawsuits were filed by political arms of the League of Women Voters of Minnesota and the Minnesota Alliance for Retired Americans. A Ramsey County judge signed off on the consent decree with the retirees Wednesday while a federal judge scheduled a hearing for Thursday on the league's case."

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^. Ohio and Colorado don’t need to be witnessed unless the voter is not able to sign the ballot with anything more than an ‘x’.

I never had a problem with mail in ballots but here in CO and individual can harvest up to 10 ballots. That’s not right.

It’s been said before and agree that voting day should be a nation holiday so all people can get out to vote without the excuse of having to work. Essential workers can do a split shift to ensure they have at least 4 hours to get to the polls.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post