SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I second that. F that American hating P.O.S.
Treason has lost it's meaning and because he is of "Color" and a leftist, he gets a pass.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
That sunuvabitch is a DOMESTIC enemy. I hope he gets his just rewards from those that swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States from ALL enemies...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The Supreme Court by a 5-4 vote has denied a request to halt construction of President Trump’s border wall over environmental concerns.

A number of groups, including the ACLU and Sierra Club, had asked the high court to get involved again after the justices last year cleared the way for the administration to use military funds for construction while the case played out in the courts.

A federal appeals court had ruled against the administration last month, but the justices, for now, have given another temporary victory to the administration.

The four liberal justices dissented from Friday’s order.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...n-of-the-border-wall

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Uh huh. "Environmental concerns". Sure

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

ND does not need the riots. The fact that Biden is Catholic has nothing to do with it, if that is what you are implying. There are plenty of Republicans in the student body not to mention alumni. The pandemic may be a side issue, but the University is taking quite a few precautions agains COVID. Hosting the debate against a backdrop of protests is not the image that ND wants to project to future students.

No, what I'm implying is that those on the Notre Dame debate committee or whatever they call themselves are leftist asswipes who are trying to protect Biden from looking like a buffoon during the debates. That's 100%. It has absolutely nothing to do with potential riots or the effects of the Wuhan, though that will be their excuse.

Notre Dame is no different than most big universities nowadays. It is a leftist propaganda machine.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My son just informed of this. May be the greatest thing Trump has ever done Big Grin Heads are exploding, "waaa, no more Tik Tok!"

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) — President Donald Trump says he will take action as soon as Saturday to ban Chinese-owned video app TikTok from the United States.

Trump made the announcement to reporters Friday on Air Force One as he returned from Florida.

“As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump said.

U.S. lawmakers have raised intelligence and privacy concerns about the company’s ownership. The company has denied allegations that it shares user data with the Chinese government.

The move comes as Trump has ratcheted up tensions with China during the coronavirus pandemic and stalled trade negotiations between the two nations.

The company’s operations in the U.S. has been under review by the secretive Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.

Trump said he could use emergency economic powers or an executive order to enforce the action, insisting, “I have that authority.”

https://www.breitbart.com/news...as-soon-as-saturday/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What information are the Chinese culling from that app? It's a bunch of kids, isn't it?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have no idea, but I just think it is hilarious Big Grin. I do know that the main demographic are teenagers. Some of the more tech-saavy guys will chime in. But I'm sure some surveillance/ security issues are abound.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Notre Dame is no different than most big universities nowadays. It is a leftist propaganda machine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
First of all, ND is not a big university and is not in the same category as Michigan, University of Wisconsin or Cal Berkeley. It has never been known for leftist propaganda. The reason they wanted to hold the debate was to showcase the University in a positive light. FREE Publicity. Case Western probably could use the publicity. I think your assumption that it had something to do with protecting Biden is absurd. Notre Dame has conservative Professors on its faculty and it is not the place that is going to turn your kid into a liberal jackass.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
What information are the Chinese culling from that app? It's a bunch of kids, isn't it?

There are a bunch of articles and videos that show people using TikTok on iOS 14, and apparently the next iPhone update (iOS 14) has some anti-spying features? Or maybe it's just a debugging mode?

In either case, the OS was throwing up all kinds of alarms that TikTok was tracking keystrokes and all kinds of input and sending it to their servers, even when the user wasn't doing anything in TikTok.

To your question: I have no idea what they would want with data from kids, but if it scrapes data and contacts of any phone it's installed on, it could be a huge problem for anyone that communicates with anyone that has TikTok on their phone.

I'm not the smartest IT guy around though, and I'm sure any one of our other smart nerdy tech guys could correct me.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

I found this quote:

quote:
Reddit CEO Steve Huffman called TikTok "spyware" at a one-day conference called "Social 2030" on Thursday, saying, "I look at that app as so fundamentally parasitic — that it’s always listening. The fingerprinting technology they use is truly terrifying, and I could not bring myself to install an app like that on my phone."

He added that he "actively" tells people not to install the app on their phones.

Plus Tik Tok is Chinese owned, the Communist Government lawfully has access to all data generated by the app, scooped up even when the app is off.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/te.../is-tiktok-dangerous

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Prolly how the chicoms got the addresses to send the little shop of horrors seeds?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reno Gazette: Recap: Assembly passes divisive mail-in voting bill as Nevada's 32nd special session starts

Lawmakers advanced a divisive mail-in voting measure and revisited a tense clash over mining taxes during the frenetic first day of Nevada’s 32nd special legislative session.

Friday’s battle over Assembly Bill 4, the elections bill, comes after a mostly mail-in June primary election that saw some voters wait several hours at one of the “extremely limited” in-person polling places state officials kept open during the coronavirus outbreak.

AB 4 hopes to shorten those lines by guaranteeing every active registered voter receives a mail-in ballot in November’s general election and any future political contests conducted under a statewide emergency declaration.

It would also permit some of those voters, namely the elderly and those with physical disabilities, to request that someone else fill out and hand in their ballot, a practice Republicans repeatedly decried as illegal “ballot harvesting.”

Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske has long planned a return to in-person voting after getting mixed reviews of the state’s first vote-by-mail election.

Nevada’s lone Republican statewide officeholder on Friday confirmed she intended to stick to that approach despite a statewide spike in virus cases, explaining she would need a budget bump of up to $5 million to pay for a second all-mail election.

But Democrats, seen as the primary beneficiary of mail-in elections, can override Cegavske under a controversial bill provision that lets the governor, not the state’s top election official, decide how polling places run in an emergency.

The measure passed out of the Democrat-led Assembly on a strict party-line vote after several hours of searing public testimony, much of which was repeated in a late-night Senate hearing that concluded without a binding vote on the measure.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:

It would also permit some of those voters, namely the elderly and those with physical disabilities, to request that someone else fill out and hand in their ballot, a practice Republicans repeatedly decried as illegal “ballot harvesting.”

You have to be freaking kidding me. If this is the crap they are doing in the open I can't imagine what's going on in the shadows now.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
a practice Republicans repeatedly decried as illegal “ballot harvesting.”

Also known as "granny farming".
You can go through a nursing home or long term care facility and round up all the ballots, offer to turn them in, but make sure they are voted "correctly" before they are actually submitted. Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
First of all, ND is not a big university and is not in the same category as Michigan, University of Wisconsin or Cal Berkeley. It has never been known for leftist propaganda. The reason they wanted to hold the debate was to showcase the University in a positive light. FREE Publicity. Case Western probably could use the publicity. I think your assumption that it had something to do with protecting Biden is absurd. Notre Dame has conservative Professors on its faculty and it is not the place that is going to turn your kid into a liberal jackass.

Sorry, friend, but I just believe you're wrong. The debate was canceled because Father Jenkins, an obvious liberal Democrat who also happens to be on the board of directors of the Commission on Presidential Debates, simply does not want Biden up on a debate stage against Donald Trump. He just doesn't. And he's sending a message to the other debate hosts that we must stop these debates. Call me cynical, but I believe that to be 100% true. Father Jenkins' motives seem very clear to me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok you are cynical and entitled to your opinion. The debate is still going on but in Cleveland. ND is hardly a bastion of left wing thinking. Frankly, I support his decision. ND has done considerable work limiting the spread of COVID 19. Hosting the debate at this point in time on the ND campus carries considerable risk. I have not heard any bitching from alumni, and believe me they are a vocal group.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I wore my original Trump MAGA campaign shirt grocery shopping. Two separate store employees complemented my shirt and spoke with me about their hopes for "four more years!" Today, stopped at a traffic light, a young lady in a Mercedes SUV next to me yelled over that she liked the Trump KAGA hat in my rear window. "Four more years!" she exclaimed before the light turned green.
This happens pretty consistently. I have never had anyone react negatively and try to give me any crap for my Trump gear. The media keeps publishing double digit poll leads for Biden and predicting the end, but I sure ain't seeing it on the ground. The utter meltdown of the left on election night will be something to see.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok you are cynical and entitled to your opinion. The debate is still going on but in Cleveland. ND is hardly a bastion of left wing thinking. Frankly, I support his decision. ND has done considerable work limiting the spread of COVID 19. Hosting the debate at this point in time on the ND campus carries considerable risk. I have not heard any bitching from alumni, and believe me they are a vocal group.

Yes, the debate is still going on...for now. But like I said, Father Jenkins' message is clear. Cancel these debates. Covid is a convenient excuse. There's absolutely no reason why ND can't host this debate without an audience. There should be no health concerns. Frankly debates shouldn't have an audience anyway. Father Jenkins' past speaks for itself. He is protecting Biden.

ETA: And yes, obviously just my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's absolutely no reason why ND can't host this debate without an audience. There should be no health concerns. Frankly debates shouldn't have an audience anyway. Father Jenkins' past speaks for itself. He is protecting Biden.

Have you ever been to one of these things?

I went to the vice presidential debate in St. Louis between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden which was held on the Washington university campus. Although I could not get in the room which was reserved for a tiny number of people the entire campus was a carnival atmosphere. It does draw a crowd.

An unprecedented number of media, approximately 3,100, descended on the Washington University campus during debate week. It was the most watched vice presidential debate in history with nearly 69.9 million viewers. It was also the first time that a vice presidential debate was hosted by Washington University.

https://debate.wustl.edu/oct-2...presidential-debate/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post