SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When I was younger, I held great reverence for the FBI. No more. Long gone and never to return.

Me too, until I became a cop.

We called the FBI, the First Bunch of Idiots
And the SBI (NC State bureau of investigation) the Second Bunch of Idiots.

The FBI was filled with lawyers, accountants, computer hackers and what not- and the only good thing was the trove of data they had..need to know what kind of tire tread you were looking at..they got it, wanna know what kinda paper this note is printed on, they got that too....but very rarely did I encounter a real street smart cop that was an FBI agent...

We had an agent over one day for a missing person case when we had a bank robbery. I literally caught the bad guy two blocks from the bank with the money, they said they did t want to adopt it as the money had been recovered and the amount was not high enough...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The top Federal LEO Agencies I worked with on various cases:

1. US Marshals
2. Secret Service
3. Postal Inspectors
4. IRS Investigations (a couple of huge Identity theft cases)
5. ATF; they could be #1 or just above FBI depending on the agent you were working with.
6. DEA but only if I had information they wanted.

FBI isn't on my list; totally useless. I have MANY stories about their "help" on cases. Here is one: bank robbery where they took all the video and still photos. It took me six months to get a still photo (never saw the video). Once I got the still photo, it took me 30 minutes going through computer booking photos to ID the suspect (very unique looking person). Suspect arrested and confessed two days later.....and then I called the FBI agent back to let him know case was solved. He was pissed I didn't notify him right away. I told him that since he had not returned any of my phone calls for six months, I thought he didn't care about the case.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the FBI agents I've been around couldn't investigate their way out of a wet paper sack. They do love to come in after someone else has done all the work and solved a case so they can take over and take all the credit.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We didn't refer to them as the "Famous But Incompetent" for nothing. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ So you're all saying the way the FBI is portrayed in the NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles TV shows is correct? (Pretty much as bumbling idiots)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I haven’t trusted the FBI since Ruby Ridge and the murder committed there by them.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3966 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The unabashed truth laid bare. Excellent read.

quote:
I hate that they all keep getting away with it. Every single one of them gets away with it. There is absolutely no price to be paid on the left for perjury, for conspiracy to overturn a legitimate election, for treason.

A Time To Hate

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justice would be a second unmolested term for Donald Trump. I'm going to do what I can to help achieve that.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

quote:
I hate that they all keep getting away with it. Every single one of them gets away with it. There is absolutely no price to be paid on the left for perjury, for conspiracy to overturn a legitimate election, for treason.

A Time To Hate

WOW!

Thank you for sharing that link.

What an article.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

quote:

A Time To Hate

WOW!

Thank you for sharing that link.

What an article.

+1

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I haven’t trusted the FBI since Ruby Ridge and the murder committed there by them.

Neither have I. I had the great good luck and privilege to spend 2 weeks floating down the Colorado river right after that MCF in Idaho.

I Was the only one on the trip that was not in law enforcement.

Several of them were involved in that event!

Their unanimous opinion was that the idiots running that operation were totally incompetent! There was no excuse for any shooting. And, as I recall, the "feebs" were simply trying to force the husband of the woman they killed into being a snitch for them.

Looks like the FBI has reverted to type these days.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

Negative interest rates? Why does that sound like a horribly bad idea?

So I pay to keep my money in the bank? This was how it was in France when my wife still had a bank account open there. She eventually closed it because the balance was falling every month even though she hadn't touched it.

Or do I have the concept of negative interest rates wrong?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

A Time To Hate

Thank you for posting, great read.

And it's not only a time of "hate", but to wipe some smiles off of some faces Mad

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ So you're all saying the way the FBI is portrayed in the NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles TV shows is correct? (Pretty much as bumbling idiots)

flashguy

They hire agents with law degrees or accounting and other technical degrees. They might be good with technicalities and legal details and fine print stuff, but a great many don't know how to really investigate the way good street officers and detectives can. It's also really easy for them coerce confessions when someone can be charged for lying to them. Local and state officers don't have that luxury and know and expect suspects to lie, so you learn how to actually investigate something.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link lastman

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

They hire agents with law degrees or accounting and other technical degrees. They might be good with technicalities and legal details and fine print stuff, but a great many don't know how to really investigate the way good street officers and detectives can. It's also really easy for them coerce confessions when someone can be charged for lying to them. Local and state officers don't have that luxury and know and expect suspects to lie, so you learn how to actually investigate something.
All the more reason for the agency to return to its roots as a central investigating facility and give up any law enforcement activity. Let the FBI gather evidence and someone else do the field work.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

let the Feebs' gather the evidence, but let a more competent agency do the analysis and investigation?

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
For those who believe the guilty will "get away with it," here is an uplifting op-ed piece entitled, "Will There Be an Obamagate Reckoning? You Betcha!"
quote:

Spygate has a new name under the trending Twitter hashtag #ObamaGate. It is being revealed to the public in a slow but systematic fashion, a treasonous plot to undermine a presidential election and subsequent presidency. When that failed, the plot twisted to destroying a duly elected president through leaks, innuendo, and outright lies.

This was not simply a few rogue FBI or DOJ agents taking justice into their own hands. Instead a plot of this magnitude had the blessing of the big boss, the capo di tutti capi, as the Mafia like to say, the boss of all bosses, President Barack Hussein Obama. Hence the name ObamaGate.

It seems that the Obama administration was spying not only on candidate Donald Trump, but a host of other political opponents using NSA “about” queries. These unauthorized searches of the NSA’s database of all electronic communications numbered in the thousands and were carried out by intelligence “contractors” until NSA director Admiral Mike Rogers shut it all down. Conservative Treehouse has a detailed description and timeline of this nefarious activity.

Failing to prevent the election of the inevitable Hillary Clinton, Obama and his goon squad set out to destroy Trump’s presidency. One might call this a “seditious conspiracy,” which 18 U.S. Code § 2384 describes, “If two or more persons in any State or Territory…conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States.”

Trump goes one further and suggests the T-word, treason, which implies activity on behalf of a foreign entity, although the legal distinctions between treason and sedition are subtle and may ultimately be decided by either a military tribunal or 9 black-robed justices.

When unfettered access to the NSA database was eliminated, Obama and company went to plan B, the manufactured and fictious Steele Dossier. This led to FISA warrants on Trump campaign associates to both continue illegally spying on Trump but also to give cover to previous illegal spying via the NSA. Perhaps this was the mysterious “insurance policy” discussed by Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Yet Trump’s people were in the way, namely former AG Jeff Sessions and incoming National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. These were the only two individuals in the new Trump administration with the understanding and ability to shut down SpyGate and it was imperative that they be rendered impotent.

Recently released Flynn documents show how he was set up, entrapped, then coerced into pleading guilty to avoid financial ruin for him and his family. An orchestrated series of media leaks and media pressure led to Jeff Sessions’s recusal, leaving Trump’s fate in the hands of deep state snakes like Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and his own goon squad.

The only remaining question is will there be a reckoning? Will the seditious conspirators be held to account? Or will they continue wandering in cornfields, tweeting their dismay over the DOJ losing its way? Will they continue to make the rounds on their co-conspirator networks like CNN or MSNBC or are there sealed indictments with US Attorney John Durham’s signature at the bottom, waiting for the right moment of delivery?

One explainer and interpreter of deep state machinations is the enigmatic Q group. We are told to “trust the plan” and that “pain is coming.” But are we being sold a bill of goods or are we impatient, not knowing how the movie plays out or ends?

Let’s see what today’s capo di tutti capi, President Trump, has to say about the reckoning. Start with a speech little known to the public, but likely well known to readers of American Thinker, from October 13, 2016. A few weeks before the election he lays out what is at stake and provides a roadmap for Q, who began posting an insider’s preview of the coming reckoning.

For those who like coincidences, Q’s first post was October 28, 2017, the same day Jeff Sessions appointed John Durham as interim US Attorney. Funny that.

In Trump’s speech he told us what he and his supporters were up against.

quote:
There is nothing the political establishment will not do, and no lie they will not tell, to hold on to their prestige and power at your expense.

For them, it is a war – and for them, nothing is out of bounds. This is a struggle for the survival of our nation.

Their financial resources are unlimited. Their political resources are unlimited. Their media resources are unlimited. And, most importantly, the depths of their immorality [are] unlimited.

But I take all of these slings and arrows for you. I take them for our movement, so that we can have our country back.

This is our moment of reckoning as a society and as a civilization.

This election is about every man, woman and child in our country who deserves to live in safety, prosperity and peace.

We will rise above the lies, the smears, and the ludicrous slanders from ludicrous reporters.

That was almost four years ago. What does the President say now? From an interview last week on Fox and Friends,

Really most people knew from the beginning, and they knew it was just a total hoax. It was a made-up story, a disgrace to our nation.

These are dirty politicians and dirty cops and some horrible people.

They tried to take down the president of the United States, a sitting, duly elected president of the United States before I even won.

And other people around President Obama were totally involved. And you'll see more and more things come out I think because like I know how it works.

We are draining the swamp like nobody's ever drained the swamp.

One can argue over who in the ObamaGate conspiracy wears a black hat or a white hat. One can also complain about nothing happening, no indictments or perp walks. The deep state has been the king in Washington DC for decades. To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson, “When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

Trump and his team have one shot at this and will take the kill shot on their terms and timing. For those who believe that the guilty will walk, or that Trump will turn into one of the two former President Bush’s, I won’t be able to and will not try to convince you otherwise. I do know that Trump keeps his promises.

Have faith. The forces against Trump are huge – the DC establishment, media, Hollywood, academia, and even members of his own party. Don’t listen to the naysayers. Listen to the man himself who last November told the White House press corps, "I caught the swamp. I caught them all. Let's see what happens. Nobody else could have done that but me."

Behind the cable news headlines there is panic in DC. Enjoy the show.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

So I pay to keep my money in the bank? This was how it was in France when my wife still had a bank account open there. She eventually closed it because the balance was falling every month even though she hadn't touched it.

You do not have the concept of negative interest rates wrong. Seems like an excellent way to start runs on banks.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

You do not have the concept of negative interest rates wrong. Seems like an excellent way to start runs on banks.

Except I'm also seeing a lot of talk again due to the Wuhan about going to a digital dollar or cashless society, which is a big government, leftist wet dream. Anyone who thinks getting rid of cash is a good idea will likely have second thoughts when the banks are charging him interest just to keep his money there. And that doesn't even go into the idea that absolutely everything you buy can now be tracked.

A cashless society...God forbid.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post