SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Amen!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Already setting up for Act 3 (or 4?) of the witchhunt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I bet he totally watched it and that Carol Baskin reminds him of Hillary.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ings-Joe-Exotic.html

Donald Trump says he will 'look at' pardoning Tiger King's Joe Exotic after Don Jr. said zoo-owner's 22-year prison sentence for murder-for-hire seemed 'aggressive'

President Trump said he would look into pardoning Joe Exotic, the star of the Netflix series 'Tiger King'
'I'll take a look,' Trump told reporters Wednesday after Donald Trump Jr. had called Exotic's 22-year sentence 'aggressive'

The president said he hasn't watched the show, which has been a hit with Americans stuck at home due to the coronavirus crisis
The show follows three people who own a collection of tigers and lions, including Exotic, who ran an Oklahoma roadside zoo
Exotic was convicted in 2019 on murder-for-hire charges over a plot to kill Carole Baskin, an animal rights activist who runs a Florida-based big cat sanctuary

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me to send another note of encouragement to the White House.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/#page

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
No special reason why. I'll think of one later.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rush talking about this....

Is the President Forgetting Politics 101?

Regardless of when Trump acts to reopen the country, the ruling class will do whatever is in their power to prevent him from exiting the path to political perdition which he has entered.

Angelo Codevilla • April 7, 2020

In times of confusion, it is best to focus on fundamentals. What follows is an invitation to do so.

Americans elected Donald Trump—his negatives notwithstanding—because they disliked what the ruling class had been doing to the country, because they distrusted its pretense of wisdom, and because he promised to rule by a sense that defies that of the ruling class but that he has in common with the people at large.
00:00

That is why the ruling class’s nonstop campaign to show in every imaginable way that Trump is outside all of its norms only strengthened the people’s preference for him over them. As the mutual disdain that divides the American people and the ruling class continues to grow, and as Trump stands unmistakably as the former’s protector against the latter, the fundamental law of politics (who is on whose side?) guarantees his re-election by a bigger margin.

Unless, of course, Trump himself sides or is perceived to be siding with the rulers against the ruled. In that case, his fate is even surer to be that of the proverbial salt that has lost its savor, “thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”

Since the Ides of March, President Trump has placed himself on a path that the fundamentals suggest leads to political suicide. He did this by surrendering to the ruling class—Drs. Anthony Fauci, Deborah Birx, et al, not to mention House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)—his judgment on whether and for how long, and how the country should be shut down. This is of the greatest concern to the American people in general and to his voters in particular. By giving his imprimatur while suggesting that he is acting against his own better judgment, he fulfills the dictionary definition of tragedy.

President Trump is an intelligent, practical man, conscious of his peculiar responsibility as the one and only person elected to be responsible for the whole country. He knows how wrong Fauci was in the professional judgments he had given in January and February minimizing the novel coronavirus’s effects—for which he is not being held responsible—even as Trump was damned as a racist for closing down air traffic from China on January 31.

Every day, Trump (and the country) learns the ostensibly professional estimates by which Fauci, the Democrats, and the media have been flogging since mid-March are proving wrong by huge factors. And Trump knows that they are wrong because they are based on numbers that do not reflect reality.

Like all who pay attention, Trump knows that the number of confirmed cases means nothing because most infections do not result in “cases,” and hence that the real number for infections is surely higher, possibly by an order of magnitude. Also, the counting of deaths from COVID-19 is being revised downward because many of these deaths result from other causes and are attributed to COVID-19 only because the person happens also to have tested positive. The smaller numerator and the enormously larger denominator means that the real lethality rate is a fraction of one percent. That is why the curves Fauci, the medical establishment, the media, and Democratic governors cite for keeping the country shut down mean nothing.

Trump also knows that this establishment is hurting Americans by restricting the use of hydroxychloroquine—while physicians on the front lines, and millions of people who feel endangered, are benefiting from it or yearning for it. Yet, in the face of criticism from the establishment, he has muted his statements of what he knows to be true about it.

Trump is eager to open the country. And he knows that the American people will hold him, not Fauci or anybody else, responsible for the pain that adherence to the ruling class’s estimates is causing and will cause us. Speculating why, nevertheless, Trump persists in lending legitimacy to these flawed professionals, indeed why he lets them speak in his name, is pointless.

But Trump’s daily confusion of himself with Fauci et al.—no less real for being half-hearted—presses the question of how we may stop our pain and prevent the next bailout bill, and the ones after that, from locking the country in the grip of the ruling class even more than we ever feared when we elected Trump in 2016. One may wonder to what extent that question also presses on Donald Trump.

One thing is certain: That the ruling class savors the grip on us that it has achieved during the past three weeks—above all the presumption that we must quietly accept non-legal decrees from on high. It will not give up that grip without a fight.

Regardless of when Trump acts to reopen the country, they will do whatever is in their power to prevent him from exiting the path to political perdition which he has entered. They won’t give him a pass out of it, no matter what. Nothing that happens in April, or in May, June, or whenever, nothing that any curve does, will induce any of the ruling class to say, “OK, let’s all wash our hands, take precautions to protect the old and the obese, and get back to normal.”

Fauci has warned that perhaps this virus will return with every flu season. This is more than enough for such as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo—who has already said that the country will never be allowed back to normal and is echoed in that by the media—to greet any suggestion to move toward normalcy with the charge that it makes one responsible for deaths. “Blood is on your hands!” will be their rallying cry.

That, in turn, means anyone who may wish to lead America out of the quandary into which it has slipped because of our health officials’ incompetence and of President Trump’s apparent neglect of Politics 101 (who is on whose side?) will have to return to its fundamentals.

To wit: Start from the fact that the ruling class is discredited. Separate yourself from it.

Lose no opportunity to add to the discredit. Stress your own responsibility. Act on it. When they damn you, double damn them. Politics 101.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/0...etting-politics-101/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

quote:
To wit: Start from the fact that the ruling class is discredited. Separate yourself from it.

Trump needs to get rid of Dr. Fauci. Now.
He has shown he was incompetent, made ridiculous claims and recommendations, in regards to the AIDS virus, and he is showing that now.

Tucker Carlson put it succinctly last week:

quote:
“Ten million Americans out of work and staring at poverty. That is not quote ‘inconvenient,’ as you just heard Dr. Fauci put it. It’s horrifying. It’s a far bigger disaster than the virus itself, by any measure. Tony Fauci, decent as he may be, can’t see that, because he doesn’t think it’s his job to see it. But even a doctor should be able to think beyond the models. Our response to coronavirus could turn this into a far poorer nation. Poor countries are unhealthy countries, always and everywhere. In poor countries, people die of treatable diseases. In poor countries, people are far more vulnerable to obscure viruses, like the one we are fighting now. You want to keep Americans from dying before their time? Then don’t impoverish them. For all his credentials, experience and apparent decency, Dr. Anthony Fauci doesn’t seem to understand any of this, and we should never let someone like that run this country.”

Anthony Fauci needs to get the hell of Trump's way, OUR way.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And so it begins or, rather, continues

Trump approval dips as Americans question his handling of coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...s-crisis/ar-BB12oIni

My distaste for the msm knows no bounds

Posts: 771 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Then, why are you posting that propaganda?

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's fake news. Check an article I posted recently. You'll feel better.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"“Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later, the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten. Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before!!!” Trump tweeted Wednesday."

To me what stood out is- "nearly all Republicans" think this is temporary and the economy will strong again within a year. I wonder why?

quote:
Poll: Most Americans face financial hardship, but confidence in recovery remains

"67% believe the economy will be strong again within a year, with nearly all Republicans and about half of Democrats describing the outbreak as a temporary obstacle rather than a permanent change in the economy."

https://komonews.com/news/coro...-in-recovery-remains

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
And so it begins or, rather, continues

Trump approval dips as Americans question his handling of coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...s-crisis/ar-BB12oIni

My distaste for the msm knows no bounds

This article was posted on FNC 40 mins ago.

Fox News Poll: Trump job approval hits new high as voters rally during crisis

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-rally-during-crisis

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Latest Trump campaign ad. Eat it Biden.

Oh yeah Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...6NU&feature=emb_logo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Then, why are you posting that propaganda?

It’s certainly not because I believe it. I do believe we should be aware of the kind of “news” being spread. I like the Fox News poll much better.

Posts: 771 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You think that we're not aware of that kind of non-stop propaganda??? You cannot be serious. There was no need to post that shit.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
That Trump ad was deliciously savage and so on point.

I can't wait til the election rolls around and we see Biden get devastated left and right by ads like this when he can't hide in quarantine anymore.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Excellent Good Friday press conference today. Long! And I found out I can restart the streaming from the beginning (which I missed). https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden should have walked away after humiliating Corn Pop.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Anthony Fauci needs to get the hell of Trump's way, OUR way.

In the President’s next term, Fauci will be the next John Bolton.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saudi Arabia and Russia finalize 'big' oil deal to cut production after prodding from Trump

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-prodding-from-trump

Saudi Arabia and Russia ended their price war and are promising to deliver the oil production cut sought by President Trump to raise historically low prices that have damaged the U.S. shale industry.

Saudi Arabia and its allies of oil-producing nations led by Russia, a collective known as OPEC+, finalized a deal during a second unprecedented remote video meeting Sunday to cut production by 9.7 million barrels per day beginning in May and lasting for two months.

The group reached a similar deal in principle during an emergency remote meeting on Thursday, but Mexico refused to support it, and since OPEC+ agreements are conditional on support from all participants, it wasn’t official.

Trump said he intervened Friday to help resolve the stand-off, speaking with Mexico’s populist President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who told Trump that Mexico will cut its production by 100,000 barrels per day.

Trump also spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Saudi King Salman in a whirlwind bout of diplomacy to try to get the deal to stick. He celebrated the outcome on Sunday, which is the largest oil market intervention in history.

“The big Oil Deal with OPEC Plus is done,” Trump said in a Twitter post. “This will save hundreds of thousands of energy jobs in the United States. I would like to thank and congratulate President Putin of Russia and King Salman of Saudi Arabia. I just spoke to them from the Oval Office. Great deal for all!”

Mexico had originally balked at OPEC+ wanting it to cut production 400,000 barrels per day, but Trump has suggested the U.S. will make up some of the difference between that number and Mexico's commitment to cut 100,000 barrels per day.

On Friday, Trump said the U.S. would be "cutting some production" to compensate, and Mexico would “reimburse us at a later date." It's unclear how the U.S. cut would happen. "U.S. production has already been cut" naturally, he said, as private companies are pulling back because prices are so low, and producers are running out of space to store unused oil.

The U.S. is unlikely to contribute formally to the agreement to cut oil production because its free market system does not allow for federal intervention.

The Energy Information Administration projected this week that U.S. crude oil production will fall to just over 11 million barrels per day in the fourth quarter of 2020, a reduction of 1.8 million barrels per day, or almost 15%, compared to the same period last year.

The biggest burden will fall on Saudi Arabia and Russia, the two largest oil producers outside the U.S.

Trump pushed Saudi Arabia and Russia to cut output in the hopes that less crude on the market will raise oil prices, which have fallen by two-thirds since the start of the year and reached an 18-year low last month.

Most of that has been caused by widespread restrictions meant to stop the spread of the coronavirus, reducing travel and, accordingly, demand for oil and fuels. Saudi Arabia also pushed prices lower by flooding the market with crude oil after Russia, last month, unexpectedly broke with a multi-year pact to cut output.

A cut of nearly 10 million barrels per day (representing close to 10% of the world’s normal daily consumption) would still barely reduce the glut of oil created by the slowdown of the global economy, with lost demand projected to reach as high as 35 million barrels per day.

Joe McMonigle, a former Energy Department chief of staff in the George W. Bush administration, told the Washington Examiner that the OPEC+ agreement should at least put a “floor” on oil prices.

“It’s a big deal,” said McMonigle, who is now president of the Abraham Group, an international strategic consulting firm. “They’ve given Trump his number, but it may not be enough for markets.”

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post