SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Is that letter legit?

I sure as hell hope so!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Is that letter legit?"

sounds like it

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...r-stop-the-pettiness

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said he was "appalled" over a letter from President Trump , in which the president criticized the Democratic leader as a "bad" senator and vulnerable to a primary challenge from the left.

Trump released the letter to Schumer after the New York senator sent his own letter asking the president to name a military official as a "czar" to oversee production and disbursement of medical equipment and invoke the Defense Production Act.

"I spoke to the president late this afternoon and explained it and the result is this letter. So I'm just appalled. You know I say to the president just stop the pettiness. People are dying and so, President Trump, we need leadership. We need to get the job done. Stop the pettiness," Schumer told MSNBC's Chris Hayes on Thursday night.

"I sent the letter with the best of intentions," Schumer added.

xxxxxxxxxxx

of course you did, you first class prick

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...onavirus-witch-hunt/

President Donald Trump ripped House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday for creating a new select investigative committee to look into his handling of the coronavirus.

“This is not the time for politics. Endless, partisan investigations, here we go again,” Trump said at the White House press briefing.

Democrats announced Thursday that they would create a new select committee to investigate President Trump’s response efforts and his $2 trillion economic relief package.

“Where there’s money, there’s also frequently mischief,” Pelosi said while announcing the creation of the committee.

The president expressed disgust that Pelosi launched another “witch hunt” investigation during a crisis in the country.

“It’s witch hunt after witch hunt after witch hunt. And in the end it’s people doing the witch hunt who are losing,” he said, calling the new committee a “big waste of vital resources, time, and attention.”

xxxxxxxxxxxx

take it to em President Trump

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Is that letter legit?

I sure as hell hope so!

Judging by the horrible grammar and the spelling mistakes, I'm pretty sure that is not the letter that DJT sent Schumer.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Is that letter legit?

I sure as hell hope so!

Judging by the horrible grammar and the spelling mistakes, I'm pretty sure that is not the letter that DJT sent Schumer.
I just reread that letter that was posted and I failed to see any spelling or grammar errors. What letter were you reading?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Is that letter legit?

I sure as hell hope so!

Can you point out the errors? I thought I was a reasonably good proofreader, but I’m not finding spelling errors.

Thanks!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Here's one: read the last sentence.

quote:
Or, in the alterative (sic) call Rear Admiral Polowczyk

That sentence would (should?) never have got past the President's proof reader. There's some other grammatical errors in earlier paragraphs and would Mr. Trump really refer to a Member of Congress as 'AOC' in an official document that will end up in the Congressional Archives?

I don't doubt he sent a letter to Schumer, I just find it hard to believe that this is the actual article.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I admit that misspelling got by me. Please, pray tell, reveal the other errors you found.

And yes, I can easily imagine President Trump referring to the idiot NY Representative as "AOC"--it's what most people recorgnize as her identifier (and I wouldn't honor her by using her real name).

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sentence would (should?) never have got past the President's proof reader. There's some other grammatical errors in earlier paragraphs and would Mr. Trump really refer to a Member of Congress as 'AOC' in an official document that will end up in the Congressional Archives?

One typo? That's your complaint?

President Trump talks like normal, average people. If he referred to the child from NYC as "AOC" he is just referring to her as she is known.

None of this detracts from his point, which is that Chuky is a media whore who is more interested in hindering the Trump administration at any cost, and shifting blame, than he is in helping the people of NY.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
quote:

One typo? That's your complaint?

President Trump talks like normal, average people. If he referred to the child from NYC as "AOC" he is just referring to her as she is known.

None of this detracts from his point, which is that Chuky is a media whore who is more interested in hindering the Trump administration at any cost, and shifting blame, than he is in helping the people of NY.

My point? You missed it. Anyway, carry on.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How quickly people forget what Madam Pelosi was doing in the time period when she is accusing Trump of doing nothing...

https://truepundit.com/watch-i...regate-in-chinatown/

Ignore the president everyone!!!! All is well!!! It's safe! Bring your friends! It's all over there!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

FoxNews is reporting it as legit.

Trump is the President of the U.S., not an english grammar teacher.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
oh my, the grammar is so bad that poor chuckie has no way to figure out the message

Message always rules. Grammar police are side line commentators.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
You can download a PDF of the letter at a very reliable source.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-...ToSenatorSchumer.pdf

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Considering that Schumer acts like he is constipated all the time, 'alterative' might be the proper word. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
oh my, the grammar is so bad that poor chuckie has no way to figure out the message

Message always rules. Grammar police are side line commentators.
I AM a Grammar NAZI, and I failed to find any egregious grammar errors. I didn't see any minor ones, either. What did you find?

flashguy

posted Hide Post
I think sdy was being sarcastic. At least that's how I took his post.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
'“Where there’s money, there’s also frequently mischief,” Pelosi said while announcing the creation of the committee'

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha! Big Grin

Preach it Sister...

...and, Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I think sdy was being sarcastic. At least that's how I took his post.
Well, I thought that might be the case, but his posts are usually very serious.

flashguy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
'“Where there’s money, there’s also frequently mischief,” Pelosi said while announcing the creation of the committee'

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha! Big Grin

Preach it Sister...

...and, Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

What I find the most ironic is that she wants to form this committee to make sure we aren’t wasting any money when she had wanted to much wasteful bullshit in her new version of the stimulus bill (of which most of it got shit canned) in the first place. Pot meet kettle. She has no shame.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post