SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I remember the last time I heard about a tax break stimulus check going to everyone..when was that....2008 or 2009....

Wonder Putz sent those out. It's what I used to buy a P226. Big Grin

I vaguely recall that, now that y'll mention it. I think we stashed ours in the bank. I know the intent was for us to spend it to stimulate the economy, but my employer at the time was just barely keeping the doors open, so we weren't spending any money we didn't have to.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Man, would I love to get one of those Grand Power Stromboli SP9A1 Pistols w/ SB Tactical Brace Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Whatever I/we get will go to our kids. Two are teachers and the oldest is a server at a restaurant. They're going to get hit hard.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Whatever I/we get will go to our kids. Two are teachers and the oldest is a server at a restaurant. They're going to get hit hard.

Teachers are still getting paid (or at least should be unless the state is stealing the federal funds).

My wife works at a high school and was informed she's essentially being paid to stay at home and the districts will not be required to make up the missed class time. This was triggered when the feds called it a national emergency (as opposed to a local emergency)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That's AWESOME!!!

so much better than the one with barry and slick willy in it.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I don’t need a check. I’d be happy with a loan from the Fed at .25%.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
This is going to sound crazy, to some, but I don't want them to send...any money. [snip] I'd prefer that assistance go to those who need it. People whose lives have been adversely, perhaps even seriously, impacted by this thing.
I whole-heartedly agree with this...don't need it. And I also agree with something another said above (KrazeeHorse)...those people that are ALREADY ON the gubbmit dole shouldn't get a thing...my tax dollars are already paying for their TVs that are bigger than mine and cell phones that are the latest and greatest compared to my 2015 iPhone 6S plus.

I was actually thinking about the second part of my statement above on my drive home from working out this morning.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take any check the government sends and put it to good use locally to help those in need.

Donate it to a good charity, order takeout, send cupcakes to the hospital etc.

Heck send it to the Trump Campaign if nothing else.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
College just got bloody expensive.

With one in college and the other going next year the 529’s have taken a big hit with this drop in the stock market.

Not as much of a hit as more aggressive investments, but still wow.
Trying to be responsible putting money aside for all these years and then Wham!

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Any check I get from the gov will go into buying stocks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
College just got bloody expensive.

With one in college and the other going next year the 529’s have taken a big hit with this drop in the stock market.

Not as much of a hit as more aggressive investments, but still wow.
Trying to be responsible putting money aside for all these years and then Wham!

Business Economics majors?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Nursing and Math

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Trump opened todays presser with "Chinese virus"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
If gun owners receive these ridicules checks and you don't need it? Donate it to GOA or other progun Orgs. I would also consider buying another 10 MM SIG.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I was actually thinking about the second part of my statement above on my drive home from working out this morning.

I am unable to work out. 2 reasons, my wife prohibited it (due to my age of 82) and the LA Fitness place has closed down for 2 weeks to sanitize the whole place.

I can still work out in the back yard cutting firewood, gathering kindling, etc.

Or go for a bike ride along the bike path on Rt. 234 south. Trying to generate the energy to do that.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm watching these press conferences and it's clear the President is operating this like a constitutional republic. He's letting the states lead and do what is necessary for their people, providing overall guidance, and support with the full power of the Federal Government. The media has no idea how to deal with this approach.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Trump (paraphrased): "I got the test because the media was hounding me about not getting tested. I didn't think I needed it. My doctor said I didn't need it. But you people were hounding me about it. So I got it. Now you're criticizing me for getting tested."

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Did you catch the part where he said (I'm paraphrasing) "You're actually too close as it is. 75% of you shouldn't be in this room. I think I'll only invite the good people in tomorrow. In fact you should leave the room immediately!"

I died laughing out loud!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Did you catch the part where he said (I'm paraphrasing) "You're actually too close as it is. 75% of you shouldn't be in this room. I think I'll only invite the good people in tomorrow. In fact you should leave the room immediately!"

I died laughing out loud!

Tony.

That was hilarious....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post