SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 917
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that if Hillary or any other Democrat was president right now we'd just be having a bad flu season. Toilet paper would be on the shelves in abundance, no sporting event would be cancelled, schools would be in session and the media would barely mention that outbreak of flu overseas. If the stock market tanked it would be because of democrat policies not a virus. Everything would be just like the deadly flu outbreak back in 2009. The one we barely remember.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm convinced that if Hillary or any other Democrat was president right now we'd just be having a bad flu season. Toilet paper would be on the shelves in abundance, no sporting event would be cancelled, schools would be in session and the media would barely mention that outbreak of flu overseas. If the stock market tanked it would be because of democrat policies not a virus. Everything would be just like the deadly flu outbreak back in 2009. The one we barely remember.

100% guaranteed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Is that an allusion to "winner, winner, chicken dinner"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A reminder.

Biden / Sanders debate tonight

8 pm ET

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
A reminder.

8 pm ET

That should be entertaining. I'm sure glad I'm not a democrat and have to choose between those two doofuses.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
A reminder.

8 pm ET

That should be entertaining. I'm sure glad I'm not a democrat and have to choose between those two doofuses.

Jim
Don't you know? Hillary is going to be the Nominee.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm taking odds on the coronavirus/technical glitches canceling or cutting short this colonoscopy bag show.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Debate? The communist Bern I suspect will be easy on Obiden Bama. He’s been told. I’m hoping for Sleepy Joe to blow a gasket during this “interview”, he seems quite angry and spoiling for an argument. Could be fine entertainment. Get ‘em Joe!!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This outta be a clown fucking Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Once again Mark Levin has a must-see interview tonight on Fox.
Michael Pillsbury, China expert, talks about the current situation with Coronavirus, and talks at length about what an excellent job Trump is doing in regard to China.
He is fighting back in ways we have never heard of, such as countering China’s Belt and Road Initiative in third-world countries.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
A reminder.

8 pm ET

They have to check their canes at the door to prevent a deadly cane fight. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again Mark Levin has a must-see interview tonight on Fox.
Michael Pillsbury, China expert, talks about the current situation with Coronavirus

On Sunday's Life, Liberty & Levin on Fox, Mark Levin interviewed Michael Pillsbury, an expert on China strategy at the Hudson Institute. They discussed the rise of the coronavirus in China, and how the Chinese government is now trying to claim the Americans created the virus as a plot to curtail China's coming global dominance. Pillsbury recalled how the American government in the 1980s caught the Soviets planting the lie that the U.S. government created the AIDS virus in a lab at Fort Detrick in Maryland.

They also discussed how China is intimidating American media outlets, using their loathing of President Trump to now insist that talk of a "Wuhan virus" or a "Chinese virus" is racist. American media outlets want access to China, but China won't allow critical reporters to enter China, or stay if they grow critical.

MARK LEVIN: It's incredibly shocking to hear our media our media repeat aspects of the propaganda, the same media three weeks ago that called it the Wuhan virus, the Chinese virus, are lecturing us, don't call it that.

MICHAEL PILLSBURY: That's right.

LEVIN: So China has these victories in the propaganda campaign, and the point of the propaganda is what? To tear down America and to sustain the communist regime in China?

PILLSBURY: Yes. Their basic theory that America's been in decline, and has been for 20 or 30 years. China is on the rise. The crossover point will be two or three years from now. They've also got another theme that China is a better world leader than America, We first saw this in Xi Jingping's speech in Davos three years ago, where China advocates for the rest of the world against the Americans.

Pillsbury added "our media are very concerned about being expelled from China," and pointed to China's recent expulsion of three reporters from The Wall Street Journal.

"We're taking counter-actions to it," he said. "Secretary Pompeo has done some very excellent things to declare Chinese media outlets here part of the Chinese government that have to register before they go see anybody, because that's how their media functions. But our media has an understandable intimidation by the Chinese. 'We won't let people who speak ill of China come into China to work. We will expel journalists who write the wrong story.' This has an affect on our media."

Levin mentioned citizen journalists inside China who went to report in Wuhan and disappeared. "They've been removed by the Chinese government. I don't hear our media talking very much about these people at all, do you?"

Pillsbury said no, "it's intimidation by the Chinese government of our media," but our journalists still view China as an American "friend," like they're still recalling Richard Nixon meeting with Mao Zedong.

"They also obviously have no love lost about President Trump. So when they see him successfully working with China on the trade deal and on other matters, they sort of position themselves as 'Well, we're more friendly with China than President Trump is'," he said.

"It's a vicious game that's going to end up with our public becoming confused about the nature of China, and beginning to accept the argument that we are in decline, our time as Number One is finished and China is on the rise."
https://www.newsbusters.org/bl...anda-victories-virus

Small portion:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the video, Matt.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am wondering when people might start looking a bit more closely at the operating license agreements for some of these media organizations and start pulling licenses to operate based on violations of their licenses

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am wondering when people might start looking a bit more closely at the operating license agreements for some of these media organizations and start pulling licenses to operate based on violations of their licenses
Don't hold your breath.

flashguy

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm not but thinking that perhaps a write-in campaign to the FCC from enough people may trigger some sort of response at the FCC level

I doubt any politician will ever step up to the plate but I don't see this as being a free speech or 1st Amendment issue as those only apply to people

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Don't hold your breath.

flashguy
After what they've done here, I'd recommend removing some media personality heads and placing them on pikes on the Capital lawn for all to see. Simply unforgivable what they've done to this country and its people.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The virus has a name, and it's got nothing to do with China. Use its actual name.

Both sides of this issue are being ridiculous. Use the actual name, avoid all drama.

So stupid.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post