SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The Republican party needs Trump. Trump does not need them and Graham knows it. Graham cannot be trusted anymore than Niki Haley or most of the others.

Maybe so, but at least Graham has the sense to know which side his bread's buttered on, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of the GOP.

Graham is an opportunistic douche bag whose opinions and stances depend on where he feels he needs to be at that moment. A true politician.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
There is no level they will not stoop too...

None.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1dO7Ls?ocid=msedgntp

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/tarapalmer.../1362458975015473152

Nikki Haley tried to get a meeting with Trump yesterday but he turned her down, even despite her apparent attempt to patch things up through a
@WSJ op-ed yesterday

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:

None.

From the article:

House Democrats have introduced a bill to ban former U.S. presidents who have been "twice impeached" from burial in Arlington National Cemetery in a move that would, at the present, only apply to former President Donald Trump.

Introduced in late January, H.R. 484, dubbed the "No Glory for Hate Act," would "prohibit the use of Federal funds for the commemoration of certain former Presidents," namely those that have faced impeachment proceedings from the House on two separate occasions. The bill would also restrict the use of government funding to "create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating" a twice-impeached president, and it would bar the naming or redesignation of any federal building or land after commander In chiefs in question.

These people are absolutely demented. I've never seen this level of hate and vitriol towards any president. bush jr, in retrospect, got off VERY lightly. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the revolution can't start soon enough

these vermin need to be stopped

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I thought about a separate thread.... but Obiden's appointees, including his SecDef, are absolute travesties.

I'm just glad I was able to serve with patriots predominantly and got out when I did. Saw some real incompetent officer jackwads being promoted as writing on the wall even in my day.

https://genzconservative.com/s...rge-of-the-military/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading through the “documents” section on defense.gov is enough to make any veteran scream. The crap being foisted on the military appears to make obvious that effective war fighting is the least important objective.

The new SecDef is a real peach. One of these days we’re going to get our ass kicked and we’ll deserve it.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I donated to the RNC in the past. Now I keep getting solicitations for money for the RNC by email and USPS mail. I have started writing a note on the donation forms that they will not receive one red cent from me until I have seen they have disciplined those who turned on Trump in in the impeachment trial. Mid-term elections are all about the $$ to the party, and if we want to get their attention we need to refuse to give them the money. The party needs self discipline and solidarity and right now the party is a divided mess. Kick those perfidious bastards who turned on Trump to the curb and show some leadership with cajones before I give them another penny.

I've just returned my second donation renewal with a ZERO, and included my note. Basically said the RNC was spineless, and leadership subverted DJT when he needed them. I'll choose my local Rep candidates and redirect the money where I agree with them.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vacation Cruz just gave a BIG WHOOP to Texas

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/columnist...oops-killed-n2584883

Our Military’s SJW-Driven Abandonment of Warfighting Is Going to Get Troops Killed
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

Kurt Schlicter

Our Military’s SJW-Driven Abandonment of Warfighting Is Going to Get Troops Killed
Source: AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais
It gives me no pleasure to say that I no longer recommend that young people join the military, and I’m not alone. The non-Blue Falcon veteran community is in full revolt against the conscious decision to decline embraced by our current military leadership. After failing to win a war in the last 20 years – and don’t say Syria, because the second President * woke up in the Oval Office wondering how he got there, more of our troops were heading back into the hellscape for reasons no one has bothered to articulate – the military has decided to target an easier enemy, i.e., other Americans.

See, the problem with me and the other vets who are disgusted by the brass’s choice to focus on SJW priorities instead of, you know, successfully deterring or defeating America’s enemies, is that we actually listened to what we were taught when we were coming up. Most of us were trained by the heroes who put the shattered American military together after the Democrat war in Vietnam broke it. We learned about leadership, about putting mission first but taking care of people always, and about objectives and how to attain them.

None of that’s a thing anymore.

So, count us out from complicity with the degeneration of our proud institution into a giant gender studies struggle session. And that’s a big deal. Do you know where the military gets a huge chunk on its recruits? Legacies. These are young troops who want to be like their father or grandfather or big brother or neighbor or other role model. I was the third-generation commissioned officer in my family, on both sides. Guess what? Right now, if one of my kids goes in, it’s against my advice. And again, I am not alone. I hear this over and over and over from other vets. And it makes me furious.

Congratulations, Pentagon. This is all on you.

You put two divisions behind wire in D.C. to protect against phantom insurrections by guys who dress like Vikings. And then you can’t even feed the troops, or house them. Gosh, if only there was a great big five-sided building full of generals just a couple miles away to square that idiocy away.

Oh, wait, there is.

And now, though we have not won a war in two decades, our military has plenty of time to stop training and focus on purging the ranks of people who like the politicians the current administration opposes. I eagerly await the introduction to the new 69D MOS – political officer. A zampolit for every battalion – hell, why not every company?

And don’t patronize us with baloney about how this is just about rooting out all those secret “extremists” lurking in the ranks – that’s right up there with sending the new second louie down to the supply room to retrieve a box of grid squares. How about you stop trying to expel these mystery “extremists” and start firing the incompetents all around you?

Sadly, this trickle-down SJW foolishness is reaching what used to be the pointy end of the spear. Generals and colonels adopt it because if they don’t, they’ll get tossed out – if you invest three decades in the green machine, it must be awfully tempting to hold your tongue to nail down that retirement and then get the hell out ahead of the deluge. It’s the company grades who buy this pap who are most disconcerting. One lieutenant – for you civilians, lieutenants are the wisest officers in the military, according to lieutenants – went on Twitter to inform me and some other people who were actually alive and in the military the last time America won a war that when we Neanderthals were serving, the military was awash in “white supremacy.” Could have fooled me. When I got off active duty the first time 30 years ago this May, I was stunned at how often race came up back in the civilian world. It almost never did when I was in the service, though in basic training it would have been nice for the awesome power of my pallor to keep Drill Sergeant Whittlesey from dropping me for countless sets of 20.

But hey, some 23-year-old assistant S2 who operates the coffeemaker doubtless has better insights into stuff happening before he was born that those of us who were actually there. The only positive thing about my interaction with that guy was my relief in knowing that I was no longer the dumbest lieutenant in the history of the United States military.

We had our imperfections and misadventures back in the day, sure, but if some idiot had done something bigoted to another solder, we would have slammed him. The only thing that mattered when a new soldier showed up was whether or not he was squared away. But not now. No, winning battles is hard, but internal snipe hunts are easy and fun! Why focus on external warfare when the career payoff for witch-hunting within the organization is so much bigger? Check out this new Navy pledge – us vets’ enlistment/commissioning oaths were apparently insufficient for today’s woke battlespace:

“I pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and intersectional identities of every Sailor in the Navy. I pledge to engage in ongoing self-reflection, education and knowledge sharing to better myself and my communities. I pledge to be an example in establishing healthy, inclusive and team-oriented environments. I pledge to constructively share all experiences and information gained from activities above to inform the development of Navy-wide reforms.”

The most disconcerting part of this is that it was apparently written on purpose. Is the next thing we’ll see some sort of mandatory woke Space Force interpretive dance?

No, I do not recommend anyone subject themselves to this sort of four-year camo sociology seminar in which they must “pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and intersectional identities of every Sailor in the Navy” or any other branch. My intersectional identity is “America,” and I am utterly uninterested in any other identity.

Maybe the brass should focus on killing America’s enemies, and maybe not running ships into other ships? Both those things would be totally awesome.

War is a serious business, even for guys like me who ran heavily armed carwashes. But this current tail-chasing is not serious. The military is hollowing out as people vote with their combat boots. Word from inside is that it can’t keep troops from ETSing – that is, leaving the service when their obligation ends. If our troops want their thoughts controlled and to be programed into little lefty conformobots, they can go off to college – the Dems want to give it away to slackers for free anyway, so who needs to ruck march and attend Bill Kristol’s latest war to get the G.I. Bill?

The military used to be a welcoming safe space for patriots. But no more. With this insane babbling about “internal enemies,” does anyone think that potential recruits do not understand that this slur is what the liberal elite that the military brass obeys calls people like them and their families? Why would you join an organization that sees you as an enemy?

I wish I could believe that the generals and admirals will en masse reject this sack race to failure, but it may be too late, at least until we get a real president determined to unscrew this cluster. It will be hard. The academies and war colleges are already full of the same kind of liberal hacks that civilian education is infested with. Michael Walsh’s hardcore new book Last Stands: Why Men Fight When All Is Lost should be required reading for every military leader, but some professor at the Army Command and General Staff College (I’m a graduate, sigh) reviewed it and found it – I’m not kidding – “problematic.” You know what’s really problematic? Turning the military into a cauldron of neurotic SJW obsessions while our foreign enemies circle our senile CINC like vultures.

We can laugh at the antics, but the terrible reality is that this crap is going to get a bunch of our young people killed. Let’s be very clear – when your priority is social justice nonsense instead of preparing to fight and win, you are opening up a lane for the enemy and the enemy is going to drive right through it.

But look on the bright side. When something horrible happens – maybe the Chinese will send a carrier to the bottom, for example – we can all take comfort in the fact that our sons and daughters, because it’s us patriots’ sons and daughters who usually fight and die in America’s wars, perished because our leadership failed to prepare, but at least they died fully aware of trans intersectionality.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Col. Schlichter's column (usually full of wit) fills me with profound sadness rage . I did not serve in the military, but have held them in the highest respect.
Note that the US military currently is the institution held in highest respect by the population at large.
One purpose of the war against patriots in the military is to destroy that respect.
When they are done the military will rank with congress and the media, and soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, coasties and space forcers will be treated with disdain.
Qui bono? Why our foreign adversaries of course.
At some level the people doing this know exactly what they are doing, and those people should hang.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

Why are you still here when all you do is troll this forum?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Ask Blaire Erskine , Ted’s director of communications, her words not mine. Does her statement cause you discomfort, put your big boy pants on there buddy.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Ask Blaire Erskine , Ted’s director of communications, her words not mine. Does her statement cause you discomfort, put your big boy pants on there buddy.

Gesh! midwest guy, Blaire Erskine is a COMEDIAN not a member of Cruz's staff. Eek

Even the leftist HuffPost gets it:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry...abaec5b66da5db9ff2bf

You really have lost it. Roll Eyes

I agree with Alan. You seem to offer nothing constructive in this and like threads. Only crap from out of left field like this nonsense. Eek Your insults are childish as well.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Jesus MidwestGuy, that was pretty blatant and highly indicative of the worth of your statements. Speaking of pants, you remind me of a guy I knew in college that binge drank every weekend. One Saturday night his roommate said he stumbled in, faced his desk chair (turned outwards from the desk), unzipped his fly, grabbed his left thumb with his right hand, and pissed his pants.

Only I think he was from upstate NY and not the midwest. And I'm pretty sure he quit drinking.

About all that's left is for you to step on it, too.

No offense.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:

None.

$.02 worth,
Boss

What’s even more ridiculous is that Trump never served in the military so he isn’t eligible to be interred in Arlington anyway. All this does is show the continuing hatred for our president and the ignorance of children that have no interest in doing their actual jobs. Their pettiness is on display for ALL to see.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
All this does is show the continuing hatred for our president and the ignorance of children that have no interest in doing their actual jobs. Their pettiness is on display for ALL to see.

To that point:

Plaintiffs in NAACP Capitol riot suit against Trump say 1871 Ku Klux Klan Act 'fit so well'

https://www.politico.com/news/...capitol-riots-469077

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tn226,

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
What’s even more ridiculous is that Trump never served in the military so he isn’t eligible to be interred in Arlington anyway.

I would think as the Commander in Chief, he would qualify.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
What’s even more ridiculous is that Trump never served in the military so he isn’t eligible to be interred in Arlington anyway.

I would think as the Commander in Chief, he would qualify.

Actually you are correct; the CIC is allowed, but almost never are. Taft and JFK are the only presidents currently interred at Arlington, and as we know, JFK served.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post