SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just love the latest threat from China...

thats gonna play well over here as well

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trump to address the nation at 3pm ET today. There's talk of him invoking a national emergency declaration.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Trump to address the nation at 3pm ET today. There's talk of him invoking a national emergency declaration.

https://youtu.be/G6HbxcCb-7g

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Trump just announced during his presser that the Sec of Energy will take this opportunity in the oil market to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Brilliant move.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Trump just announced during his presser that the Sec of Energy will take this opportunity in the oil market to filling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Brilliant move.

"And he better get me a good price" Big Grin

Ever the businessman, this Trump fellow. It's refreshing.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just posted in the Coronavirus thread:
Finally we are seeing just what needs to be done:
1. Blowing up over-regulation in order to facilitate testing
2. Huge, WW II-scale public-private partnership of the major tech, pharmaceutical, lab testing, and retail companies to make testing widely available including drive-through testing
3. Cooperation of all pertinent federal agencies to move ahead quickly. This should have happened a couple of weeks ago, but it’s great to see it now.
4. This press conference was everything that the President’s WH address lacked: very specific substance, technical accuracy, demonstrated cooperation of all the new partners in the effort.

This is what we need to calm the public and markets. The DOW is racing up as the press conference progresses—Dow and S&P 500 up over 9% today, up about 3% in the last hour.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The stock market sure liked Trumps press conference.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
The stock market sure liked Trumps press conference.
If you DVR'd the press conference on Fox, set the conference to fast forward and watch the numbers on the screen climb as he speaks.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That address sure beat No Malarkey Joe's little speech that advocated battling climate change, fighting racism, and opening our borders in order to fight this virus. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The President declared a national emergency. Does that mean he'll release the national toilet paper reserves as well?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We’ll see how the Bernie Bros like it when they see the collective might of American industry brought to bear on a problem, rather than nationalizing health care.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
when he pulls this off, that will be the election

Bernie should take what little money he has left and go home

he's not needed on the national stage as he has nothing to offer

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
So was that the shortest bear market run in history?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The speech and timing was beautifully played. It left people with a positive note leading into the weekend.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
FCC beginning to inquire about Schiff phone call abuse

https://www.washingtonexaminer...tm_source=whatfinger

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Just posted in the Coronavirus thread:
Finally we are seeing just what needs to be done:
1. Blowing up over-regulation in order to facilitate testing
2. Huge, WW II-scale public-private partnership of the major tech, pharmaceutical, lab testing, and retail companies to make testing widely available including drive-through testing
3. Cooperation of all pertinent federal agencies to move ahead quickly. This should have happened a couple of weeks ago, but it’s great to see it now.
4. This press conference was everything that the President’s WH address lacked: very specific substance, technical accuracy, demonstrated cooperation of all the new partners in the effort.

This is what we need to calm the public and markets. The DOW is racing up as the press conference progresses—Dow and S&P 500 up over 9% today, up about 3% in the last hour.

Yep. First speech was a foul ball, that was a home run.

Capitalism to the rescue.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure how I feel about this. I want to know when it sunsets. I don't want forced paid medical leave or other components to be permanent. I like the idea of a paid quarantine and free testing. Some of the other stuff if not for short period, I do not approve of. I think any thing they do should be capped at lasting 60-90 days, then revote if it's zombie apocalypse, kill if it's under control.

Trump says he backs House coronavirus bill, says members of both parties should 'VOTE YES'

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jesse, I agree completely with your concern about these provisions not sunsetting, we will need to hold the administration’s and Senate’s feet to the fire—-the House will be useless until McCarthy becomes speaker in January.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
FCC beginning to inquire about Schiff phone call abuse

https://www.washingtonexaminer...tm_source=whatfinger

That is very troubling.

Schiff and the GDC's behind him are a clear and present threat to our liberty.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm not so sure how I feel about this. I want to know when it sunsets. I don't want forced paid medical leave or other components to be permanent. I like the idea of a paid quarantine and free testing. Some of the other stuff if not for short period, I do not approve of. I think any thing they do should be capped at lasting 60-90 days, then revote if it's zombie apocalypse, kill if it's under control.

Trump says he backs House coronavirus bill, says members of both parties should 'VOTE YES'
'Any' bill passed to address the Coronavirus issue should have a sunset date in it. Maybe 12 months out requiring a re-authorization. The virus will be a temporary affair, so any associated bill should be as well.

Oh, and any POS politician in Washington trying to shove pork or ideological BS into this bill should have their head removed and placed on a pike on the capital lawn.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post