SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
....liberal Mr. Sanders edges out moderate candidates...

Not quite. Communist and leftists

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Concerning the intra-Party fight that the Dims are currently undergoing. This is a GOOD THING. Cool

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Can Trump run as Vice-president in 2024? Would the liberals literally explode?

Pretty sure that would be a No.

However, he could run for the House or Senate...

Maybe he could emulate President Taft and serve on the Supreme Court.

I think I hear heads exploding just from *me* thinking about that.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Can Trump run as Vice-president in 2024? Would the liberals literally explode?

Pretty sure that would be a No.

Maybe he could emulate President Taft and serve on the Supreme Court.

I think I hear heads exploding just from *me* thinking about that.
Well, it's not impossible. One does not have to be a lawyer to be a Supreme Court Justice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Damn right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
fuck yeah.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn right.

As I understand it, the ruling is narrower than what the president implies, but it's a good start. First, it only affects the 2nd Circuit since three other courts have ruled the other way. It may have to go to the Supreme Court to be settled, but that should be good for those who prefer law and order. Also, it's not all money but specifically grant money intended for law enforcement purposes.

If we can retake the House, hold the Senate, and see President Trump reelected, perhaps a new law can expand on this and add the right of victims of the sanctuary city movement to sue those who allow such governments to flaunt the law. Jenny Beth Martin has a good opinion piece at

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...by-tough-legislation

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rassmussen Polling Company: FoxNews Has Banned Any On-Air Mention of Our Polls

Can you say Paul Ryan?

As Rasmussen readers know, our polling is now apparently on-air mention-banned on all Fox news programs, not on Fox opinion programs. Our polling was for years an on-air mainstay during the ratings rise of @FoxNews

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_...3A%2F%2Face.mu.nu%2F

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Could, but never would in a million years. He can make more happen as a private individual than in either of those nests of serpents.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I'd want him on the Court, but it would be hilarious just to observe the meltdown if the very idea started floating around.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

Could, but never would in a million years. He can make more happen as a private individual than in either of those nests of serpents.

Well obviously he would never do such a thing. After eight years in that swamp, I imagine Trump will be ready to get the hell out of there. Furthermore, Melania would probably divorce him if he tried to subject her to any more of D.C. than necessary.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://theconservativetreehou...stimony/#more-184983

President Donald Trump scored a major legal victory on Friday when a federal appeals court panel ruled Democrats have no right to hear testimony from former White House counsel Don McGahn.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit’s ruling overturned a lower court decision requiring McGahn’s testimony and told the judge presiding over the case to dismiss it outright. The ruling is a blow to House Democrats’ attempts to break the Trump administration’s intransigent stance that it can block Congress from talking to witnesses.

This ruling also undermines the ridiculous “obstruction” article of impeachment because it shows the White House had a justifiable and constitutional argument to make against the House in the judicial branch. The issue at stake was whether the legislative branch can penetrate the constitutional firewall which exists within the separation of powers.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
hmmmm

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...tional-intelligence/

President Donald Trump on Friday renominated Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX), a prominent member of the House Intelligence and Judiciary committees, to serve as the next director of national intelligence.

“I am pleased to announce the nomination of @RepRatcliffe (Congressman John Ratcliffe) to be Director of National Intelligence (DNI),” the president announced on Twitter. “Would have completed process earlier, but John wanted to wait until after IG Report was finished. John is an outstanding man of great talent!”

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
That means we lose a Republican Congressman from Texas. Sure hope we replace him with another good Republican.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
That means we lose a Republican Congressman from Texas. Sure hope we replace him with another good Republican.

flashguy
My Dallas brothers and sisters would have to confirm this, but he's the REP for Texas' 4th District, which I think is pretty Conservative. Here's a blurb from Wikipedia...

"Once a reliably Democratic district, the district swung rapidly into the Republican column as Dallas' suburbs spilled into the western portion of the district. In fact, it has not supported a Democrat for president since 1964, nor did a Democrat file to run in the district in either the 2014 or 2016 elections."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha, tweets like this always make me laugh.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Donald Trump on Friday renominated Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX), a prominent member of the House Intelligence and Judiciary committees, to serve as the next director of national intelligence.

Let's see: Who chairs these committees?

House Intelligence: Adam Schiff
House Judiciary: Jerry Nadler

I can only imagine Ratcliffe would be delighted to move to the other side.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a reminder of John Ratcliffe when he hammered Robert Mueller

https://twitter.com/i/status/1233526160455348225

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
it never ends

https://hotair.com/archives/ja...-bloomberg-campaign/

Bloomberg named former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake as a national co-chair for his presidential campaign

“Mike has been a good friend and mentor to me for many years. He is a no-nonsense leader who has taken on the country’s toughest fights,” Rawlings-Blake said in a statement. “When we were both in office, we worked together to get illegal guns off the streets of Baltimore, New York, and cities across America. He continues to lead the national movement for gun safety, building grassroots support and working to elect candidates fighting for common-sense gun safety laws.”

and you were so effective at making Baltimore safe Smile

Rawlings-Blake will advise the campaign and serve as a national surrogate for Bloomberg.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That's some Grade-A pandering right there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)