SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://thefederalist.com/2020...joyous-celebrations/

Once A Curiosity, Trump Rallies Are Now Joyous Celebrations

Four years ago, I walked in from a freezing New Hampshire blizzard into my first Donald Trump for president rally. We knew a few things — at least we thought we did. At the time he wasn’t just a long shot, he was frankly an impossibility.

The event felt less like a campaign rally and more like a curiosity. It’s not a curiosity anymore. Monday night’s rally was a celebration, and unlike any any political event I’ve ever experienced.

I arrived at about noon for the 7 p.m. shindig. In a driving and freezing rain, the line outside seemed to stretch to Massachusetts. A jubilant crowd was hooting and hollering holy hell. The most tangible feeling was of brotherhood.

in 2016 a curtain cut off part of the arena, a portion of the seating. Not so Monday night. By 3 p.m., a full four hours before Trump was set to speak, the arena was nearly packed. There aren’t a lot of things people will wait four hours for, but apparently Donald Trump is one of them.

There were no angry gestures towards the news media. Why would there be? It would have been cruel to be mean to people so wrong and humiliated.

The theme of the night was “ Promises Made, Promises Kept .” For the Trump supporters I spoke with, this is his strongest selling point: he means what he says and he does it. Many think they took a crazy chance four years ago and it’s paid off like 10 to 1 shot at the Acquaduct Raceway.

Upon entering, the cheering was so loud Trump could barely begin his speech. They could have drowned out a Megadeath concert. It sounded more like a national convention than a New Hampshire campaign rally.

The rhetoric was restrained, and perhaps Trump realizes that this time he can’t run against Washington but must run on his record. As far as this crowd was concerned, that record is more than enough.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Lights are on, ain’t nobody home.

I am not even sure the lights are on.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You guys are going to trigger an image tsunami of that goofy clown if you’re not careful.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That clown will be doing some jail time if he broke a fella's jaw.......plus striking a minor(unprovoked).

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I can smell him through the screen.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I doubt he will get much of anything. Maybe a $100 fine. It’s NH - a Democrat stronghold.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Gut feeling. Bloomberg should be feared.

quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sanders 39.0%
Bloomberg 34.6%
Buttigieg 12.4%
Biden 9.8%
Klobuchar 5.4%
Warren 2.0%

Bloomberg? What the hell! Mad

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does this guy look like Judd Hirsch or what? Uncanny.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
<putting life jacket on>

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I can smell him through the screen.

Hahaha! Big Grin

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
How many more times are we going to have to see this idiot's ugly mug on the same page? For chrissakes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing wrong with that dip wad's photo is there are no lumps and bruises. As soon as he put his hand on the kid someone should have beat the crap out of him.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:

Does this guy look like Judd Hirsch or what? Uncanny.

Looks more like "Jersey Boy" from Man on Fire The pedophile who was holding kids in the rave for "The Voice" in Mexico.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend texted me and told me that AF1 just did a flyover of Daytona, really low like under 1,000 feet?

He said the crowd went absolutely nuts chanting “4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!”

I can just imagine the liberal heads exploding over that and thoughts of how can they impeach him for it? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFF6c8KPBAI

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
and the presidential lap

https://twitter.com/i/status/1229141551328178179

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
and the presidential lap

I can't tell on my phone....is POTUS driving?
I'm guessing no...but I keep hearing that POTUS "did a lap" and I'm not sure if they mean he drove it or was in the back.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Did DJT's driver put the hammer down on the banking?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Pelosi hasn't got the word yet on "ACQUITTAL" with the CNN interviewer:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...osi-trump-acquitted/

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Wow. Those are some stunning visuals.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post