SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

If I could give Trump one piece of advice it would be to get off twitter and stop talking like the lunchroom bully. Be professional and let your press agent handle things. Handing the opposition ammunition to use against you isn't smart. In your position you have to take the high road and hammer them behind the scenes.

I disagree 100% here

What did being “professional” and “nice” get us?

That’s right, it got us George W Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney all getting walked over by the Dems/MSM as they tried to be “nice”. Screw that. Nice is over. I hope Trump DOUBLES his tweeting, because he’s getting the message out and the Dems/MSM know this and are freaking out.

No more Mr. Nice Guy!
I have this image of Harry S. Truman tweeting a lot, were that capability in existence back then . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 23196 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Is THIS why John Kelley has suddenly been screeching after we hear nothing from him since he quit the WH?

Maybe he was the leak ringleader here? Trying to get out in front of this?

quote:

Report:
@OANN
is told the White House has identified a deep group of 3 or more leakers from 2017/2018 as current White House Military Office aides, getting the boot as early as this weekend. The group is said to include Anonymous.

Developing...

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi.../1228127325356806144

Posts: 26298 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

..If I could give Trump one piece of advice it would be to get off twitter and stop talking like the lunchroom bully. Be professional and let your press agent handle things. Handing the opposition ammunition to use against you isn't smart. In your position you have to take the high road and hammer them behind the scenes.

+1. He needs to keep - or gain - undecided voters. I'm voting for Trump no matter what, as are 99% of SF members. But there are voters who are turned off by his behavior even though they like his results. Act presidental, send out staff to make the attacks, and stop shooting yourself in the foot on Twitter!

Posts: 14265 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
stop shooting yourself in the foot on Twitter!

One might make the argument that all of this foot shooting on Twitter is what has propelled him to where he is.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 14049 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
https://gen.medium.com/ive-bee...mpshire-c69ddaaf6d07

After Attending a Trump Rally, I Now Know Democrats Have No Shot in 2020

I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years, but my experience made me realize just how out of touch my party is with the country at large

Cont....

Thank you for that, honestly written and fairly accurate. One of the commenters said "Trump is not perfect, but he is perfect for this time".

I think his imperfections are part of what makes him work so effectively as CINC - we can relate to him and he is not afraid to hurt some feelings or take some heat to get the job done that he promised. Overriding all of this is an unabashed love of America and a fierce will to protect America and ALL of its people - regardless of political party, race, religion, or category they put themselves in.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1618 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s not the President’s twittering per se that dismays (some of) his supporters and delights his opponents, but the content of some of them. Even on an Internet forum like this one most of us recognize that what we choose to comment on and how we do it makes the difference in how those comments—and we as individuals—are perceived. It’s far easier to be aware of and focus on what someone says than what he accomplishes, and when even someone like AG Barr says, “Please: Just shut up about things that are my job!” that should be a clue.

“I can’t give you brains, but I can give you a diploma.”
— The Wizard of Oz

Posts: 41255 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am not a fan of twitter in general and the president tweeting in particular. That said two points. One, I think he is more effective this way than not. Two, common sense needs to rear it’s ugly head. The president tweeting his opinion is not “undue influence“. Allowing this to gain traction is ridiculous. If he calls the AG ind interferes call me back. Undue influence is almost always done behind the scenes. Tweeting his disagreement while you might find it unseemly is 100% legal and defendable. Only in crazy town does a tweet constitute illegal influence. This is a stupid a Democratic attempt to rewrite law. Did Obama stating Trayvon Martin could have been his son unduly influence the investigation? Where was the outrage?

Posts: 2501 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
To all of you hating on Trump's tweeting, are you NOT UNDERSTANDING that it's the ONLY way he's able to bypass this criminally corrupt, propaganda-arm-of-the-DNC mainstream media? He's speaking direct to you and me with ZERO spin, being taking out of context, having words added he never said, omissions made to craft a narrative, etc?

Barr needs to STFU and do his job and start cracking some goddamn heads already but it's looking more and more like that's not going to happen now. Mad

Posts: 26298 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm split on this. There are times when I wish he would just STFU but on the other hand I think most tweets are way more thought out than we give them credit for. He's yanking someone's chain on purpose and is aware of the consequences.

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. The pain is only felt by others. The same thing happens when you're stupid.

Posts: 3809 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Trump will be the grand marshal for the Dayton 500 this Sunday and this car will run in the Daytona 300 Xfinity Series race.

and the NextEra Energy 250 Truck race.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/spor...ar-truck/ar-BB100ATi

Posts: 16612 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
So he is Grand Marshall at the Daytona 500. I think it’s great. I wonder if the SS will let him ride in the pace car? That would be most awesome.

"As I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come – but we believe not too long into the future – I'd like to just say what I believe history will record. That America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus–Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind.
Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."

"I'm only myself when I have a guitar in my hands." - George Harrison

Posts: 48919 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I kinda doubt it. I would think that motor homes and parking in the infield would be a nightmare for the SS to secure.

They were talking on the news about how cool it was gonna be to have Air-force one at the Daytona Beach airport.

Posts: 16612 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
100% agree with PASig on this.

One of my closest friends can’t stand Trump, and that’s fine. There’s just something about him that needles him. Part of it is the tweets. He’s one of those swing voters, but I’m working on him. Recently, I asked him regarding the tweets: “would you prefer me to bullshit you and just tell you what you want to hear, or only what other people approved for me to tell you, or would you like to hear what I really think?”

“You know I’m not a fan of bullshit and half-truths, be straight with me.”

“That’s what our president is doing via Twitter, speaking straight to the public.”

[Long pause]

“Well, when you put it like that, I don’t know what to say.”

We have these ideas about how things should happen, and then someone comes along with an unorthodox approach that works beyond all belief andsome people clutch their pearls and gasp “well, I never!”

Posts: 11523 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
100% agree with PASig on this.

One of my closest friends can’t stand Trump, and that’s fine. There’s just something about him that needles him. Part of it is the tweets. He’s one of those swing voters, but I’m working on him. Recently, I asked him regarding the tweets: “would you prefer me to bullshit you and just tell you what you want to hear, or only what other people approved for me to tell you, or would you like to hear what I really think?”

“You know I’m not a fan of bullshit and half-truths, be straight with me.”

“That’s what our president is doing via Twitter, speaking straight to the public.”

[Long pause]

“Well, when you put it like that, I don’t know what to say.”

We have these ideas about how things should happen, and then someone comes along with an unorthodox approach that works beyond all belief andsome people clutch their pearls and gasp “well, I never!”

This is why I think Twitter is going to try and block or ban him prior to say September 2020.

If that happens, all hell is going to break loose.

posted Hide Post
One just can't please all of the people all of the time, even though one will vote for him!!!

Posts: 4708 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Isn't 3 what Dale Earnhardt's car number was? Nice touch.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 23196 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Isn't 3 what Dale Earnhardt's car number was? Nice touch.

flashguy

I believe, in whatever the top NASCAR series is called now, the number has been reissued to a new driver.

I don't recall Dale Sr racing the trucks.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 7613 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Richard Childress owned the number 3 when Dale drove it for him in the cup series and still owns the number.
His grandson has been driving it.
Numbers are bought and sold in each division.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Our President has the capacity to be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. Based on the behavior he often displays, he is not someone I would want dating my daughter (even if it were age appropriate). He sure seems to care about our country and be getting positive results for all Americans though...

It often appears that he is doing the laser pointer thing with twitter, getting the libtards panties thoroughly bunched and having them spinning out of control about whatever tweet so that he can actually quietly get good things done in the background while they lose their minds over a tweet.

I would prefer more decorum, but only if it could be equally effective. I don't think it could. There are a whole lot of folks out there of all stripes who are fed up with the PC culture, with the slimy, self-enriching politicians of the swamp, with the outrage du jour. While it might not be the most professional way to do things, I suspect an awful lot of folks enjoy seeing him give those commie f***s both barrels right in the face.

Nothing ever seems to turn out perfectly, but in my perfect world, he will crush the everloving snot out of whatever communist piece of garbage the Dims put up as the sacrificial lamb, the next four years will go well, and we will get someone else to follow on who also takes a hard line and shoves their garbage right back down the throats of any commies that are left in 2024, but does it in a slightly more "professional way". If I have to pick the one thing I'd most like to give up in that wish, it would be the "professional way" part. YMMV

Edited to fix typo. s/down/done/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 4667 | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Slosig has it right. Keep the faith, Sigforum.

Posts: 11523 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post