SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Foreperson. You know? Like “Personhole cover?” It’s inclusive of all genders. Roll Eyes

Has anyone ever complained that 'son' in 'person' is masculine?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I’ve always wondered. Do the tweets come directly from Trump? Or do you think they pass through some kind of intermediary? Ya know, to check spelling, or to make sure he’s not saying something that he really shouldn’t.

The tweets really don’t bug me, but I do know several people that say that’s the only thing they don’t like about him.

When you assume the office of President of the United States, it carries a level of dignity and professionalism that should be respected. All communication from the President represents not only his interests, but the entire nation and thus should be carefully screened to assure that it sends the right message.

If I could give Trump one piece of advice it would be to get off twitter and stop talking like the lunchroom bully. Be professional and let your press agent handle things. Handing the opposition ammunition to use against you isn't smart. In your position you have to take the high road and hammer them behind the scenes.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://gen.medium.com/ive-bee...mpshire-c69ddaaf6d07

After Attending a Trump Rally, I Now Know Democrats Have No Shot in 2020

I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years, but my experience made me realize just how out of touch my party is with the country at large

Cont....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

If I could give Trump one piece of advice it would be to get off twitter and stop talking like the lunchroom bully. Be professional and let your press agent handle things. Handing the opposition ammunition to use against you isn't smart. In your position you have to take the high road and hammer them behind the scenes.

I disagree 100% here

What did being “professional” and “nice” get us?

That’s right, it got us George W Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney all getting walked over by the Dems/MSM as they tried to be “nice”. Screw that. Nice is over. I hope Trump DOUBLES his tweeting, because he’s getting the message out and the Dems/MSM know this and are freaking out.

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Foreperson. You know? Like “Personhole cover?” It’s inclusive of all genders. Roll Eyes

That is triggering me right now... So I am going to have some ice cream!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I’ve always wondered. Do the tweets come directly from Trump? Or do you think they pass through some kind of intermediary? Ya know, to check spelling, or to make sure he’s not saying something that he really shouldn’t.

The tweets really don’t bug me, but I do know several people that say that’s the only thing they don’t like about him.

When you assume the office of President of the United States, it carries a level of dignity and professionalism that should be respected. All communication from the President represents not only his interests, but the entire nation and thus should be carefully screened to assure that it sends the right message.

And yet, it's been working for him and he's getting things done in a way we've never seen a President get things done in our lifetime.

There's no "How to be President course," it's all on the job training. He's gotta figure it out as he goes and not every call he makes is going to be perfect. But this Twitter stuff? It's him pointing a laser at the rug and making the cats run in circles after it while he's on the phone getting shit done. Don't be one of the cats, be one of the people who might call up the President to get shit done.

IDGAF about Twitter. I care about results. We're getting results from this man that are helping this country and the people.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I disagree 100% here

That’s right, it got us George W Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney all getting walked over by the Dems/MSM as they tried to be “nice”. Screw that. Nice is over. I hope Trump DOUBLES his tweeting, because he’s getting the message out and the Dems/MSM know this and are freaking out.

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

I don't recall Ronald Reagan issuing any communication that was anything less than professional. I don't recall anyone walking over him. He earned and commanded respect without insulting people and calling them names.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Last I checked, Reagan is dead. Our President is Donald J. Trump.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not yet. But...I’ll be right back. I have to go troll some liberals on Facebook.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You’re doing God’s work, Ramius. Big Grin

I needed this laugh tonight. Big Grin

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha! Glad to be of service Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trump to be Grand Marshall of the Daytona 500

He’s gonna say “Start you Engines” Big Grin

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I disagree 100% here

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

I don't recall Ronald Reagan issuing any communication that was anything less than professional. I don't recall anyone walking over him. He earned and commanded respect without insulting people and calling them names.
I hate these comparisons to Reagan. Reagan lived in a very different time. Trump lives in a time where there are no ethics, morals, or integrity left in Washington and much of the country. Incivility rules and Trump is simply playing within a system he didn't create, but one he's learned how to navigate to his (and our) advantage.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I disagree 100% here

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

True, but he was dealing with a whole different set of people, none of whom were trying to impeach him for chewing gum, or walking too fast, or simply breathing!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Let's just call them "foreskins."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
It must really suck for the feminists that 'man' is part of 'woman.'

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I disagree 100% here

No more Mr. Nice Guy!
I have this image of Harry S. Truman tweeting a lot, were that capability in existence back then . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Is THIS why John Kelley has suddenly been screeching after we hear nothing from him since he quit the WH?

Maybe he was the leak ringleader here? Trying to get out in front of this?

quote:

Report:
@OANN
is told the White House has identified a deep group of 3 or more leakers from 2017/2018 as current White House Military Office aides, getting the boot as early as this weekend. The group is said to include Anonymous.

Developing...

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi.../1228127325356806144

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

..If I could give Trump one piece of advice it would be to get off twitter and stop talking like the lunchroom bully. Be professional and let your press agent handle things. Handing the opposition ammunition to use against you isn't smart. In your position you have to take the high road and hammer them behind the scenes.

+1. He needs to keep - or gain - undecided voters. I'm voting for Trump no matter what, as are 99% of SF members. But there are voters who are turned off by his behavior even though they like his results. Act presidental, send out staff to make the attacks, and stop shooting yourself in the foot on Twitter!

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
stop shooting yourself in the foot on Twitter!

One might make the argument that all of this foot shooting on Twitter is what has propelled him to where he is.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post