SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
PA is basically like, yeah, we stole Boardwalk and Park place, but you let us keep them, or we flip the table.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I worry sometimes about Utah Republicans. They seem squishy when they should be firm on principles. Until I learned Utah had jumped on the wagon I had assumed the worst. While I’m happy to see this action from Utah, we should have been first to sue rather than wait until it’s not risky to say me too. I’ll take the win though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
PA is basically like, yeah, we stole Boardwalk and Park place, but you let us keep them, or we flip the table.

Exactly. Fuck 'em.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I worry sometimes about Utah Republicans. They seem squishy when they should be firm on principles. Until I learned Utah had jumped on the wagon I had assumed the worst. While I’m happy to see this action from Utah, we should have been first to sue rather than wait until it’s not risky to say me too. I’ll take the win though.

Where's that jackass RINO Romney? Figured he'd be at some microphone loudly complaining. Asshole!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I emailed Amy Klobuchar this morning requesting she talk to AG Ellison in regards to joining the Texas lawsuit. I linked to the letter she signed just a year ago along with Lizzy Warren and others about their deep concern about Dominion voting machines and the integrity of the U.S election infrastructure. I told her if it was important then it's vitally important now. I layed this quote from the letter on her.

We are particularly concerned that secretive and ''trouble-plagued
companies,"2 owned by private equity firms and responsible for manufacturing and maintaining
voting machines and other election administration equipment, "have long skimped on security in
favor of convenience," leaving voting systems across the country "prone to security problems.

Fat chance in hell Minnesota joins this but I got to rub her nose in it a little bit. If it even gets past who ever screens her stuff that is.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I totally agree with this statement. Romney in particular, has these 'ethics' or 'good conscious' statements he flaunts all too regularly. He apparently keep them in a drawer somewhere while he's busy making his congressional under the table money but then drags them out and waves them about proudly when he needs to look more pious than the guy in the White House doing all the hard work and getting his fingernails dirty. President Trump may certainly be blunt, unfiltered and spoiling for a street fight, but you know what? He's honest about it, and he most often says the things out loud that I'm already thinking.

I'm feeling similarly uneasy about our new governor-elect, but given that he's new, maybe he'll come around. Mike Lee needs more time w/ Ted Cruz and less time w/ Romney. Our reps seem solid so far, at least now that we got rid of McAdams (McPelosi).
s.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
So the lawsuit is up to 8 states? Seems like some momentum...

That would seem to be tougher to offhandedly dismiss as 3-4...

$.02 worth

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
So the lawsuit is up to 8 states? Seems like some momentum...

That would seem to be tougher to offhandedly dismiss as 3-4...

$.02 worth

If I'm not mistaken its up to 17 or 18 states now. Look at Ackks post near the top of this page. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I emailed Amy Klobuchar this morning requesting she talk to AG Ellison in regards to joining the Texas lawsuit. I linked to the letter she signed just a year ago along with Lizzy Warren and others about their deep concern about Dominion voting machines and the integrity of the U.S election infrastructure. I told her if it was important then it's vitally important now. I layed this quote from the letter on her.

companies,"2 owned by private equity firms and responsible for manufacturing and maintaining
voting machines and other election administration equipment, "have long skimped on security in
favor of convenience," leaving voting systems across the country "prone to security problems.

Fat chance in hell Minnesota joins this but I got to rub her nose in it a little bit. If it even gets past who ever screens her stuff that is.

If you get a response post it, I'd be interested in what she has to say. I used one of the NRA form things when they were trying all the BS gun laws a couple years ago and I actually got a response back from the Tina Smith group basically telling me they didn't give a shit what my opinion was in regards to gun control and that they needed to do the right things. They freaking make me sick with their BS.

Amy is the biggest hypocrite around.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Somebody tell the asshats in Pa that public trust is history and needs to be restored.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
If I'm not mistaken its up to 17 or 18 states now. Look at Ackks post near the top of this page. Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Troll level 1,000 sir. You win.

So are these states really joined in the lawsuit? As I understand they WANT to be but it has to be approved by the judge. Much like Trump joining it. Any of our legal friends want to confirm that as Im seeing mixed reporting? It's good that the support is there though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
PA is nowhere near the piece of shit NY is in general. On the other hand PA is a MONUMENTAL PIECE OF SHIT in crooked politicians engaging in crooked practices with very little fear of consequences.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I don't know about this state just joining the fight Roll Eyes.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, TX should have named AZ as one of the defendants.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I hope the conservative Justices on the Supreme Court are smart enough to realize that if they don't do their part in overturning this Presidential election, their very existence will depend on the Georgia runoff election.
If the Libs get control of the Senate and pack the court, the conservative Justices will become irrelevant and might as well take a seat at the back of the room.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Excellent analogy! Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton:

"I'm worried about the credibility of elections, not just right now, but I'm worried about the credibility of elections going forward,"

"I'm not making a fraud argument, I'm making an argument based on the Constitution. And what we know happened, which was that we know state law was changed by people other than the state legislature, which is the only constitutionally authorized changes that are allowed.”

https://justthenews.com/govern...t-election-balloting

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post