SIGforum
The Trump Presidency : Year IV

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9460066564

February 06, 2020, 12:35 PM
Ryanp225
The Trump Presidency : Year IV
I love hearing him speak when it's off the cuff like that.
Reagan without a filter indeed.
February 06, 2020, 12:35 PM
nhtagmember
listened to it in the background here - I missed the SOTU speech

yes, it rambled a bit but I think he hit it out of the park and he didn't pull any punches on the democrats

I really hope there is followup and some level of justice - this can't go without a response

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

February 06, 2020, 12:45 PM
PASig
He just called Peter Strzok and Lisa Page "two lowlifes who tried to overthrow the government of the United States"

OUCH. Big Grin

February 06, 2020, 12:59 PM
chellim1

What does it say about the Establishment which Cons the Rubes every four years that our two most disloyal and liberal "Republican" senators were actually our two prior Establishment-picked presidential candidates?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
February 06, 2020, 01:08 PM
ersatzknarf
mittens mcstain2.0

Mad

February 06, 2020, 01:09 PM
PASig
He didn't mention Mitt McCain's name but he still managed to rip him a new butthole in that way that only Trump can do. Cool

February 06, 2020, 01:15 PM
I want to yell, WHAT A GREAT DAY! Cool

Q

February 06, 2020, 01:21 PM
P220 Smudge
This has been an amazing week in politics and it's only Thursday.

February 06, 2020, 01:23 PM
oddball
No teleprompters, just a man venting about the last 3+ years of corruption and bullshit. But also thanking the folks who stood by him and helped. I have been out of the loop a bit, I was surprised Mike Lee was personally thanked, the guy was a NeverTrumper at the start. Seems he hasn't talked to his fellow senator from Utah in a while, and is almost speechless with his behavior.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
February 06, 2020, 01:41 PM
sdy
I really like it that President Trump is well aware of what the DEMs / deep state tried to pull off.

I was always a little worried that the plot was so big and wide scope that he wouldn't be able to completely understand it (given all the daily mind boggling duties of the President).

But it is obvious he has a clear picture of the coup attempts.
February 06, 2020, 02:06 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I really like it that President Trump is well aware of what the DEMs / deep state tried to pull off.

I was always a little worried that the plot was so big and wide scope that he wouldn't be able to completely understand it (given all the daily mind boggling duties of the President).

I had the same "worries" for lack of a better word. But yes, he seems to be well versed in the many layers of corruption.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
February 06, 2020, 02:08 PM
PASig
It's clear to me this guy's mind mind works in a dozen different directions all at once and at 1,000 mph.

The Democrats think he's stupid, but I think it's just the opposite, but they can think that to their own peril.

February 06, 2020, 02:20 PM
Fenris
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's clear to me this guy's mind mind works in a dozen different directions all at once and at 1,000 mph.

The Democrats think he's stupid, but I think it's just the opposite, but they can think that to their own peril.

Back even before the nomination was decided, Tucker Carlson said that the thing people (mostly talking about other politicians) don't understand is that Trump is a genius.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
February 06, 2020, 02:25 PM
RAMIUS
Trump is not only very intelligent, but he’s great at picking the best and brightest for a job.
February 06, 2020, 02:47 PM
PASig
I can guarantee you CNN, MSDNC, NBC etc all gave Trump's White House address today this review:

February 06, 2020, 02:49 PM
P220 Smudge
There's a lot of people who underestimate the man, or think him some kind of idiot. He's far from it. He's been leading the news media and the opposition around by the nose since the first debate in 2015, and he's only getting better at it as time goes by. They march to his tune, and he's a master at it. He's exposed the left for what they really are, the corrupt news media for what it is, and rallied conservatives and freedom-loving people of this country in ways and with a strength I've never seen or imagined in my short lifetime. He's the protector of our constitutional Republic, and he's doing a better job at it than I could have ever hoped for, and I was on the Trump train since he smacked Megyn Kelly down in the first debate in 2015.

Four more years of winning, and this country will be in far better shape than it was when he took office. Count me amongst the faithful.

February 06, 2020, 02:56 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Trump is not only very intelligent, but he’s great at picking the best and brightest for a job.

And according to those who know him best, a genuinely kind person.
February 06, 2020, 03:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Except Sessions. I know I know, negative shit, but it must be pointed out. Razz

Q

February 06, 2020, 03:17 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:...

It takes a certain trick to break Trump...

But there is not chance to do it when you are playing Go Fish...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
February 06, 2020, 05:14 PM
flashguy
I was busy during today's speech, but I have heard in the comments on Fox News that he used some expletives. Although I suspect they were justified, neverthless I think it was unwise to do that. It will just energize the Leftists who look for anything to deride him for. (And I personally dislike hearing expletives used, for any reason.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth