SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Oh good, the FBI is on it... Might as well be Inspector Gadget. Im glad somebody blew the whistle, but the FBI being involved doesnt mean jack to me.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scrutiny of top PA election official grows as GOP says she 'fundamentally altered' outcome

https://justthenews.com/politi...lly-altered-election

In a guidance to her state's counties dated Oct. 21, Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar advised that a voter whose mail-in ballot was rejected would be eligible to vote in-person with a provisional ballot on Election Day as a way to "cure" their ballot.

Now, GOP Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Kelly, state House of Representatives candidate Joseph Hamm and four other plaintiffs are suing Boockvar over her guidance.

After some county election officials questioned the guidance, Jonathan Marks, deputy secretary of state for elections and commissions, clarified on Nov. 2 how the department of state wanted counties to handle the rejected mail-in ballots.

Marks advised county election officials to inform "party and candidate representatives" about the identification of the voters whose ballots had been rejected as a way "to facilitate communication with these voters."

According to the lawsuit, the counties of Berks, Carbon, Blair, Clinton, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lycoming and Perry ultimately declined to implement the guidance. The suit argues that individuals who submitted rejected mail-in ballots shouldn't have been given provisional ballots on Tuesday,

Just the News was able to reach representatives for Adams, York, Montgomery and Bedford counties, who said they were not familiar with the contents of the Oct. 21 guidance.

A spokesperson for the Pennsylvania Department of State told Just the News that every county in the state received the Oct. 21 guidance.

Pennsylvania Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman and Senate President Pro Tempore Joe Scarnati have called for Boockvar to resign over her handling of the rejected mail-in ballots. They argue that Boockvar "fundamentally altered" the way the state runs its elections.

"The Department changed the rules again on November 2 when they provided last-second guidance directing counties to provide information to help voters whose mail-in or absentee ballots were incorrectly completed so those voters could vote on a provisional ballot," Corman and Scarnati wrote in a joint statement.

"The late release of this 'guidance' resulted in inconsistent application across the counties — some of whom contacted voters as directed and some who did not," the state senators added. "There is no basis for this guidance in current law. The Secretary created this new process out of thin air."

Boockvar "told the U.S. Supreme Court on October 28 that ballots received after 8 p.m. on November 3 would be segregated, but she changed the rules on November 1 and directed counties to canvass those ballots as soon as possible upon receipt," the lawmakers said. "In some counties, it is not possible to both segregate and canvass ballots as directed."

A journalist asked Boockvar about Lancaster County's decision not to follow the guidance on curing rejected mail-ballots.

"It is absolutely feasible and not even challenging," she said on Wednesday.

On Twitter, Corman, the Pennsylvania Senate's top Republican, highlighted several past anti-Trump tweets Boockvar has written since 2016 as part of his criticism of her handling of the general election in the state.

"Using the title 'President' before the word 'Trump' really demeans the office of the presidency," Boockvar tweeted in March 2017.

In August 2016, Boockvar wrote, "Trump already provided so many arguments of being dangerously unfit; Now, he proved it beyond doubt."

Reposting her tweets on his account Thursday, Corman wrote: "From the arbiter of our election process in PA. Guess we know why she has made such great efforts to fundamentally alter the manner in which Pennsylvania's election is being conducted."

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
This is who I blame: California

Made their state so shitty, keep voting democrat then flee their state and vote democrat there. They are responsible for Arizona turning the way it did and also for Texas starting to turn.

They need to be washed into the Pacific Ocean.

I don't believe that actually. It's not the Californians turning Texas more blue; it's the younger generation in Texas. Texas born. They're who you can blame.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little Ocrazio Khrushchev has come up with an ingenious plan to unite the country (link to Treehouse) -

It Begins – Representative Ocasio-Cortez Requests Immediate Enemies List for Targeting After Biden Takes Office…

Those ‘compassionate’ Dems sure do love their violence and oppression.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Except they weren't segregated. "Oops. Sorry. I didn't do it on purpose. Oh well" says the Philadelphia election board.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
They already had to via Judicial order- Ill try and look up that article. The Judge in Penn. issued a stay preventing the counting of the vote but ordered them to be segregated. If PA officials violated that order the whole count is null and void. Im actually hoping they violated that order.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Except they weren't segregated. "Oops. Sorry. I didn't do it on purpose. Oh well" says the Philadelphia election board.

Then "Oops. Guess you'll have to use whatever numbers you had at 8PM seeing we can't tell what you did afterwords"

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Oh good, the FBI is on it... Might as well be Inspector Gadget. Im glad somebody blew the whistle, but the FBI being involved doesnt mean jack to me.

i dont mean to be overly light about this vile process we are all witnessing.
but the inspector gadget line got me good. whole family didnt expect "dad" to randomly burst out laughing like a child.
kudos!

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
So you tell the US Supreme Court one thing, then do another, and you're simply asked to resign?

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Then "Oops. Guess you'll have to use whatever numbers you had at 8PM seeing we can't tell what you did afterwords"

Yup. Absolutely

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Expecting them to investigate voter fraud is like people expecting BLMtifa not to riot, not going to happen.

Besides, they're too busy looking for white supremacists under every sheet.

quote:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
They already had to via Judicial order- Ill try and look up that article. The Judge in Penn. issued a stay preventing the counting of the vote but ordered them to be segregated. If PA officials violated that order the whole count kn null and void. Im actually hoping they violated that order.

Yep.

Yep. The ENTIRE PN ballot process would be compromised. Fuck these commies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A video from Dr. Steve Turley -

“Why Trump Will TRIUMPH in PA and WIN the ELECTION!!!”

About 14 mins with his usual ad or two.

Someone else’s comment -

“Go to 10:50 in the above video. As Dr. Turley points out, there remains before the U.S. Supreme Court a lawsuit asking the court to review the Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s illegal change of the Pennsylvania legislature crystal clear law about having to have all ballots in by 8 PM election day.

What Dr. Turley points out is that already Justices Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch have commented about this case and indicated they are ready to rule on it.”

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
This is who I blame: California

Made their state so shitty, keep voting democrat then flee their state and vote democrat there. They are responsible for Arizona turning the way it did and also for Texas starting to turn.

They need to be washed into the Pacific Ocean.

I never believed this. If that many people are leaving California that they could flip a state the size of Texas then we should be close to flipping California. However we are now winning Texas by just single digits when it used to be percentage points in the twenties. I'm suspecting the illegals have a lot to do with this. Another reason this entire voting system needs a complete overhaul.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Forgot about this-
Kavanaugh already ruled the extended deadline was ok, so not sure where this recent development goes. It seems as if they were postmarking them past Nov 3rd its no good, but postmarked by the 3rd received by the 6th is ok.
https://www.thedp.com/article/...l-in-voting-decision

posted Hide Post
quote:
Forgot about this-
Kavanaugh already ruled the extended deadline was ok, so not sure where this recent development goes. It seems as if they were postmarking them past Nov 3rd its no good, but postmarked by the 3rd received by the 6th is ok.
https://www.thedp.com/article/...l-in-voting-decision

Sounds like this could still be revisited. But this is why when things wind up in the court of law Supreme or otherwise things are never as they appear to us mere mortals. It's always a complete roll of the dice. I think Kavanaugh has Roberts influencing him. Plus I think there's a part of Kavanaugh that he feel he needs to prove he has no ax to grind after his brutal confirmation process. He is above the petty revenge emotion so to speak.

If the SC is tasked with basically choosing who the president is going to be it's a crap shoot. We think we know which way ACB would go but do we? Really?

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My gut feeling is that we will prevail at the Supreme Court level. If we do not prevail, the country will go into an extreme tail spin. The Dems will continue to allow mail in ballots, and will run the country into the ground. There will be massive corruption and mismanagement. Personal freedoms will be curtailed and the Second Amendment will be stepped on drastically.

If this happens, honest voting will only come back when the Dems ruined everything, and enough people vote them out. But this would be like voting the Communist party out. I am a strong optimist, but also live in California and know what Kamala the queen will try to do. Expect very rough times ahead if we do not prevail in the next few weeks.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...lection-day-n2579650

some more detail

A few hours after the Trump campaign filed an emergency appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court over late-arriving ballots in Pennsylvania, the Supreme Court ordered Pennsylvania election officials to separate ballots arriving after 8 p.m. on Election Day and to count the late ballots separately.

The Trump campaign filed an emergency appeal on Friday asking the court to make sure Pennsylvania's 67 county boards are separating late-arriving ballots as ordered by Pennsylvania’s Secretary of State.

In October, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court granted a three-day extension for mail-in ballot counting. The decision was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in a 4-4 ruling, a vote shy of the five votes needed to grant a stay. The split ruling came just days before Justice Amy Coney Barrett joined the bench.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling in October allows ballots to be counted as long as they are postmarked by Nov. 3 or in cases where the postmark isn't legible .

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has also ruled that mail-in ballots cannot be thrown out when the signature on the ballot clearly doesn't match the signature on the voter's application.

it's like writing the instructions for how to cheat. How more obvious can this get ?

Late arriving ballots for Joe Biden have continued to pour in, helping Biden close a 600,000 vote deficit to the president's Election Day lead in Pennsylvania.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm not understanding how they separate those ballots that have already been in the system several days. Are they time stamped at some point? Plus I think I read Allito gave them until 2pm tomorrow to comply. Something of this nature should require immeadiate compliance I would think. They will be up all night stuffing the system now.