SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Republicans pushed John James as challenger for Michigan senator

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gary-peters-n2579424

Decision Desk projected on Wednesday night that incumbent Democrat Senator Gary Peters (D-MI) will be able to hang onto his vulnerable seat, defeating GOP challenger John James.

Democrats spent upwards of $30 million to drag Sen. Peters over the finish line.

DEM Peters 2,683,325

REP James 2,623,738

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Mail-in ballots are a recipe for disaster. Mail in ballots should only be sent to the Military oversees.

Sounds like the good guys need to start fighting dirty too.

Nope, just start catching and hanging the cheaters. If you hang enough of them, the rest might stop. If not, hang them too.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like treason ?

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Nope, just start catching and hanging the cheaters. If you hang enough of them, the rest might stop. If not, hang them too.
That's called problem solving through attrition and I fully support it. This isn't about Trump anymore. This is about whether we will ever have another legitimate election in this country again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Can entire precincts be discarded where fraud occurs? If fraudulent ballots are mixed in with certified, how can they tell the difference?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Why does the MI elections site still have Trump leading?

LINK

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Re Copefree's post:
I see Antrim County, heavily red, which had reported overwhelming votes for Biden, now shows zero votes.
Other counties were using the same software. Were they also screwed up?

OK, I see: Wayne County (Michigan's largest by population) also shows zero. That's where they've tossed out Republican observers, I believe.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Charlie Kirk youtube channel live is covering the ballot count for AZ that just cane through, Trump net gain of 10.7k, 60k+ votes counted at 57.9% of the vote is coming in for Trump in Maricopa Co.. They were saying if its at or above 58% he could pull off AZ. Its gonna be tight now thats for sure.

https://youtu.be/lJOUt9oqDOU

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
CNN just ran this, stating if he holds this same pattern in the next batches of ballots he will catch up to and possible overtake Biden in AZ.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mar...259387548917760?s=20

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
The Left Just Got Crushed

quote:

When every legally cast vote has been counted, Joe Biden will probably have prevailed in enough states to claim victory in the presidential race, perhaps even ending up with a few more Electoral Votes than Donald Trump managed to earn four years ago. That means Trump will probably be out, defeated in his bid for re-election.

But this is not a moment for Democrats to celebrate.

In the expectations game, the Democratic Party whiffed and whiffed badly. The Biden campaign and its allies managed to drive up turnout — but so did Trump. Republicans put up a hell of a fight, and not just, or even mainly, in the battle for the White House. Democrats have almost certainly failed to win a Senate majority, and so far they have lost some ground in the House as well (while still on track to maintain control of the lower chamber of Congress).

That means that Biden is on track to be a weak, ineffectual president governing at the mercy of Mitch McConnell's Machiavellian machinations.

So much for the Democratic fantasy — the one that seemingly never dies — of unobstructed rule. Democrats didn't just want to win and govern in the name of a deeply divided nation's fractured sense of the common good. No, they wanted to lead a moral revolution, to transform the country — not only enacting a long list of new policies, but making a series of institutional changes that would entrench their power far into the future. Pack the Supreme Court. Add left-leaning states. Break up others to give the left huge margins in the Senate. Get rid of the Electoral College. Abolish the police. Rewrite the nation's history, with white supremacy and racism placed "at the very center." Ensure "equity" not just in opportunity but in outcomes. Hell, maybe they'd even establish a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to teach everyone who voted for or supported the 45th president just how evil they really are.

No wonder so many Republicans turned out to vote. Democrats proved to be the most effective GOTV operation for the GOP imaginable.

Yes, Trump and the Republican cheerleading section online and on cable news and talk radio harped on every extreme proposal. But this wasn't just a function of the fallacy of composition, where one loony activist says something off the wall and the GOP amplifies it far beyond reason in order to tar the opposition unfairly. These were prominent Democrats — progressive politicians, activists, and scholars and prize-winning journalists at leading cultural institutions — talking this way. Joe Biden himself usually did the smart thing and tried to distance himself from the most radical proposals. But in the end it wasn't enough to mollify fears of an ascendant left hell bent on entrenching itself in power and enacting institutional reforms that would enable it to lead a moral, political, and cultural revolution.

And therein lies a paradox that should be obvious but apparently isn't: Democrats live in a country with a large, passionate opposition. Arrogant talk of demographic inevitabilities and transformative changes to lock Republicans out of power in the name of "democracy" has the effect of inspiring that opposition to unite against them, rendering political success less assured and more tenuous.

There will be no court packing. No added states. Nothing from the toxic progressive-fantasy wishlist will come anywhere close to passing. Instead, we will have grinding, obstructive gridlock. Some will demand that Biden push through progressive priorities by executive order. But every time he does — like every incident of urban rioting and looting, every effort to placate the left-wing "Squad" in the House, every micro-targeted identity-politics box-checking display of intersectional moral preening and finger-wagging — the country will move closer to witnessing a conservative backlash that results in Republicans taking control of the House and increasing their margin in the Senate in November 2022, rendering the Biden administration even more fully dead in the water.

That's the playbook. We saw it in 1994, when Republicans leveraged opposition to Bill Clinton's effort to pass health-care reform into a successful effort to take control of the House for the first time in 40 years. We saw it again in 2010, when Republicans leveraged opposition to Barack Obama's successful push to pass the Affordable Care Act into the largest shift of seats in the House in 62 years (and far bigger than the one Democrats managed two years into the Trump administration in 2018). This time the leverage is likely to come from culture-war conflict, but the Republican strategy will be the same.

And that's probably the best-case scenario. It will be far worse if Trump somehow finds enough votes (or sympathetic judges) to enable him to hold onto power by the narrowest of margins, or if he encourages acts of militia-fueled violence in the wake of him failing to find those votes.

Those scenarios wouldn't have been possible if the race hadn't ended up as close as it did.

But it did. And that should give Democrats serious pause. For four years Donald Trump has proven himself a corrupt, mendacious ignoramus utterly unfit for the position he holds. He's led the nation through a pandemic that has left nearly a quarter million dead, is currently surging unchecked across the country, and has devastated the economy. And yet, the current tally shows him beating his showing from 2016 by 3.7 million votes. Trump may well come up short where it counts, but he still gained ground with the electorate relative to four years ago.

So please, Democrats, look in the mirror and show a little humility. You're not nearly as self-evidently wonderful or widely loved as you'd like to believe. You are not destined to prevail anywhere. You share a country with a large group of people who hate your guts, and who aren't going to submit to your rule or go along with your giddy plans to remake the nation in your image. It's time to start acting like you understand this implacable fact and all it implies about the limits of your power and the parameters of the possible.

American politics is a war of attrition right now. The sooner Democrats learn to live with that fact, the better.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wisconsin's turnout is calculated by taking actual voters divided by eligible voters rather than actual voters divided by registered voters. This is probably because they have election day registration. Instead of 89% turnout using registered voters as the denominator, they had 71% turnout.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
PrinceAliFabulousHe:
OK, so some leftist Dem. is pausing for a little self-reflection... but I'm wondering why you inserted this tripe into this thread on Sigforum?

quote:
For four years Donald Trump has proven himself a corrupt, mendacious ignoramus utterly unfit for the position he holds.

Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
We got this.

They new Trump was gonna win. They just wanted to deny him a clean election and landslide.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The mail in voting scheme was always intended to muddy the waters and allow dems to ballot harvest. I am 100% certain of this because of how the reporting and counting just magically stopped in key states when it looked like Trump was winning.

I think you are on to something Ramius, this was designed as a means to deny Trump a clean election and cast doubt upon the entire system. It’s a bad thing to do because it makes millions of Americans question or just outright lose faith in the electoral process. That’s a dangerous path to go down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
When every legally cast vote has been counted, Joe Biden will probably have prevailed in enough states to claim victory in the presidential race, perhaps even ending up with a few more Electoral Votes than Donald Trump managed to earn four years ago. That means Trump will probably be out, defeated in his bid for re-election.

But this is not a moment for Democrats to celebrate.

I don't buy this line of thinking for one second. If Biden and the democrats get away with stealing this election nothing will be the same and everything is open to change after that. Can you imagine the executive orders this guy is going to be issuing? For the last months and years all we have been hearing and saying on this board is that this is the most important election of our lifetime bar none! To act now like it's no big deal if it's stolen from Trump because we still hold the Senate and Trump can still stump for future candidates etc. is whistling through the grave yard. It's not defeatist thinking to understand what it means if this election is fraudulently stolen. Defeatist thinking is rationalizing why it's not that bad if it is.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Exactly!
I don't know why PrinceAliFabulousHe posted that article but we cannot just stand by and have this election stolen.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Here's an alternative:

The Nasty Street Fight ahead for 2020: This is Why We Elected Trump
By C. Edmund Wright

Ironic, isn’t it? This could be Trump’s finest hour.

As befits the already awful year of Our Lord, 2020, the presidential election is going to come down to a nasty street fight of lawyers, public relations spin, and positioning involving four states. Donald Trump has won all four, and now he must successfully defend all four wins from the very mail-in shenanigans he (and all of us) predicted would happen months ago. This is flesh and blood people versus theoretical pieces of mail. The people must win this.

Like many, as I was transitioning from supporting Ted Cruz in the summer of 2016 to making peace with supporting Donald Trump, the main comfort I had was that Trump was a fighter, one who seemed fearless, and one who talked like a real guy instead of a political drone. Then there is the “it” factor that Trump has, a once in a lifetime gift upon the political scene. The brilliant Cruz was admittedly a bit weak on all of that. Okay, more than a bit.

At the time I was producing a series of twenty attack articles against the Republican Establishment for Steve Bannon at Breitbart, so I naturally had enjoyed -- and written about -- the successes during the process of Trump, Cruz, Ben Carson and Rand Paul -- as they all irked the GOP-E.

And in the past four years, Trump has rarely disappointed on the fighter front. His instincts back on March 22nd were to push back against Tony Fauci, to not let “the cure be worse than the disease” regarding COVID, and he was right. Something inside was telling him that letting a narrowly focused bureaucratic scientist who hadn’t treated a human patient in 40 plus years rule the world’s economy was not a good idea. Oddly, he backed off of that fight for about seven months -- possibly at the behest of NYC focused Ivanka and Jared or wimpy GOP consultants, but that’s a discussion for another article and another day.

As a result, Mr. Trump, now is the time to really fight, and fight like you’ve never fought before. Tell Ivanka and Jared and the consultants to sit down and shut up. Time for you to be you. Now is the time for the straightest, toughest, and most real unvarnished talking you have ever done. You shouldn’t have to do this, of course. You should have sailed into re-election with well over 300 Electoral votes and a booming economy. Then the scamdemic of COVID happened, with all of the complications and implications thereof and therein, and the world was turned upside down. Our economy and your political fortunes included.

Yet somehow, even with the Fauci mistake, you charged into yesterday with the incredible momentum of a winner. And you won, legitimately. Taking out the Marxist strongholds of California and New York, you won the popular vote in the other 48 state by millions. By all rights, you have won Michigan, you beat the frack out of Biden in Pennsylvania, and you held off “the damned Yankees” who have moved into Georgia and North Carolina and brought their polluting voting habits with them.

But that’s not where we are. We are still in a war, a war against an enemy, the worldwide left, that has co-opted the Democrat party, virtually the entire American media, the social media giants, Big Education, Big Entertainment and even Big Sports. Yes, the foot soldiers will be the lawyers, but this battle will have a huge public opinion angle, and that’s where you must dominate. You must make it clear to the Supreme Court justices and to everybody else that your supporters are real live people who love the country and who are passionate.

And millions of their voters are theoretical pieces of mail that may or may not have ever been in the hands of a legitimate voter. Remind people that Republicans did well in The House and The Senate, and across the country. Just ooze legitimacy, because you are the legit winner. We are the legit winners.

Quite likely this is coming down to the Supreme Court, and they are flesh and blood human beings. They do watch what’s going on. They have feelings and opinions and have to live in Washington. Keep that in mind. Aside from the three ultra-liberals, they are not drones. Justice Barrett is new, and she needs a visible and obvious reason to support flesh and blood voters over pieces of mail. She needs a reason she can support you and not be called a lackey. Justice Kavanaugh had his testosterone drained by the vicious attacks on him, and you need to give him a reason to get it back. Justice Gorsuch is one of those brilliant but annoying libertarian leaning guys who needs a public display of such common sense that he understands pieces of paper cannot disenfranchise real people by cancelling their votes. Thomas and Alito are solid. And Roberts? Well, I’ve written him off but would be delighted to be wrong.

I say, continue to hold rallies. Stay on this every second of every day. Keep your attorneys fired up. Keep your people fired up. Make it obvious that this is still a war between the people and the basement dwellers. More than ever, Trump must be Trump. Go with your gut. Attack. We shouldn’t be here, but we are. It is what it is. Perhaps we have the one man who can make it his and our finest hour. The Republic depends on it.

https://www.americanthinker.co...e_elected_trump.html

-rduckwor

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Biden is not going to win.

This shit was just another "arrow in the quiver" to rEsIsT and to deny Trump a landslide.

Trump will have four more years.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Rogue employees and management of a Federal agency (USPS) in Michigan actively screwed up the voting process in a close race in favor of presumably-Biden absentee ballots by manually hand-cancelling wrong dates on ballots that were mailed too late to be legally counted, and then specially rushing them in to be tallied as though they had been mailed before the deadline, was my takeaway from the Veritas video posted earlier.

And this was done to an extent not reasonably knowable.

The current numbers are close enough, and the waters muddy enough, that I don't know that I will trust the accuracy of any close results in MI in favor of the party being cheated for. If Trump were able to prevail despite this cheating, I'll be amazed.

Is it reasonable/feasible to have a Federal court throw out the state's results entirely and require a new MI election?

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post