SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My son and I went to the township office to pick up absentee ballots, we plan on dropping them off tomorrow. I asked the clerk if anyone had come in to change their vote. She said yes. Of course she didn't say how many had come in but she indicated several. To paraphrase Peter Struck the last time around, it should be 130,000,000 to 0

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, yes, that was the most pathetically sad ad ever.

Oh I don't know bout that.

A very close second would be a Mark Kelly TV ad going on air in Arizona where he features his poor disabled wife on camera.

How despicable can a man be?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Looks like president Trumps website has been hacked. It’s offline.

***edit. Looks like it’s back under control***

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Looks like president Trumps website has been hacked. It’s offline.

Tony.

Which one? It seems ok on my end.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
donaldjtrump.com

I got a news push notification. It was down when I posted, but it’s back now.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
It was hacked.

Trump's campaign website is 'seized' by hackers who claim to have evidence that 'proves his criminal involvement with foreign actors to manipulate the 2020 election'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...t.html?ITO=applenews

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
How do you change a vote? If the ballots don’t have names, how do you find yours? And who is to say these people that want to change their vote really just want to vote twice. For the same candidate?

Another easy way to commit fraud.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
How do you change a vote? If the ballots don’t have names, how do you find yours? And who is to say these people that want to change their vote really just want to vote twice. For the same candidate?

Another easy way to commit fraud.

Plus you reduce the other guys vote total by 1. So it's like voting three times.

Surely this is only legal for Leftists, illegal aliens, and dead people.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the ballots don’t have names, how do you find yours?

Assuming anyone wants an answer, it would be easy enough in Colorado:

As described above, ballots here are sealed in an envelope bearing the voter’s name and signature. When the time comes to count the votes, the envelope is opened and the ballot and its “security sleeve” that covers the ballot are removed. At some point the sleeve and ballot are separated and therefore there is no connection between the outer envelope with the name and the ballot. And although I don’t know for certain, I assume that the outer envelopes are kept to cross check against the machine votes to ensure someone didn’t vote twice.

To change one’s vote before the envelopes are opened and the ballots are removed, it would simply be a matter of finding the one with the voter’s name and give it back to the voter for whatever changes he wanted to make and then resubmit it.

Assuming the process is like I describe, there wouldn’t be anything difficult about any of it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
If the ballots don’t have names, how do you find yours?

Assuming anyone wants an answer, it would be easy enough in Colorado:

As described above, ballots here are sealed in an envelope bearing the voter’s name and signature. When the time comes to count the votes, the envelope is opened and the ballot and its “security sleeve” that covers the ballot are removed. At some point the sleeve and ballot are separated and therefore there is no connection between the outer envelope with the name and the ballot. And although I don’t know for certain, I assume that the outer envelopes are kept to cross check against the machine votes to ensure someone didn’t vote twice.

To change one’s vote before the envelopes are opened and the ballots are removed, it would simply be a matter of finding the one with the voter’s name and give it back to the voter for whatever changes he wanted to make and then resubmit it.

Assuming the process is like I describe, there wouldn’t be anything difficult about any of it.
Is that true for in-person voting at the Polls? I could see it working (clumsily) for mail-in voting, but does it really pertain to in-person voting? Here in Texas there would be no way to connect voters with their ballots.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So... is this allowed anywhere?

What a logistical nightmare.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Is that true for in-person voting at the Polls? I could see it working (clumsily) for mail-in voting, but does it really pertain to in-person voting?

In-person voting is by a machine and there is supposed to be* no linkage of a particular vote sequence to a named individual. I therefore don’t see how such a vote could be changed. I haven’t heard that Colorado permits changing an early paper vote, but if it were permitted it could be justified on the theory that it’s not a vote until it’s opened and counted on election day. That would not be true, I believe, of an early machine vote.

* I have my doubts about how truly secret voting by machine is based on the procedures used here if someone in the right place really wanted to know, but it’s not something I know for certain, nor do I fret about it.
The biggest vulnerability in our system as I see it is that someone could look at my early paper ballot and because they knew how I was likely to vote toss it before it was even opened. But then that would be true of the paper ballots themselves. If they were not controlled properly, it would be easy enough for certain ballots to be destroyed rather than counted. There is, however, nothing new about that possibility.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Colorado has 100% mail-in/drop-off balloting; no machine in-person voting.

And President Trump is actively encouraging people to change their votes, so I would think he knows what he's talking about. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Colorado has 100% mail-in/drop-off balloting; no machine in-person voting.

Ah. A change from previous elections that I had not noticed. Thanks.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yes it's legal in some states, NC I think they said doesn't allow it. I'd be there will be lawsuits aplenty.

This is why early ballots and mail in ballots are problematic, not only could your ballot be lost, stolen, set on fire, dumped by a USPS employee, but you might realize something revolutionary shortly before the day to vote.

ANyway, if any of you voted for Buyden and want to change your ballot check your state law, you may be able to do so. Not much time left!

Just go to Google and type in Can I change my vote , it will send you to a page where you can select your state and see if it's possible and how to do it..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you how it works in Michigan. Absentee ballots are kept in a vault until election day. We are personally taking our ballots in. They will be kept in the vault in a sealed envelope until election day. My name is on the envelope. If I want to make a change they can pull my envelope out of the vault. I don't know if early voting is able to change. Like I said, the clerk said there have been numerus people changing, I doubt they are changing to Biden.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
17 minute version of the Tucker Carlson interview w Tony Bobulinski

Sean Davis today:

On his show tonight, Tucker Carlson will follow up on last night’s bombshell interview with even more audio recordings of calls between Tony Bobulinski and Biden family insiders.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a nice spot to quote Joey Stalin.

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
In PA I'm guessing they can see whether your voter ID # has had a vote registered.

I keep getting texts from the Trump campaign saying I haven't voted yet (obviously, because I'm not voting by mail, but on election day), so if they know I haven't voted, there must be some accessible tally of votes received that can still be linked to an individual voter.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A few observations.

1. The fact that people are "searching google" on if/how to change votes, is going to affect a lot of people that have not voted. Some of those people will vote Trump or not vote at all. Small percentages matter.

2. A few people who are able to change their vote in states that allow it, (and their communicating that/reports of that) will also add to the thought process of those mentioned in the first point.

3. When people begin a trend, it typically looks like a any other "viral" thing. A lot of "buzz", quite a few people who are impulsive and easily impressed reacting from emotion or the desire to "do something", and that is a pretty big segment of those on the left.

4. A lot of "traditional" Democrats (or any voter) who waits until election day are the type of people who also have jobs, pay taxes, etc., in other words, are "regular" folks who would be troubled by the facts of that are revealed by Bobulinski data.

5. The timing of this is also important to the effect it can/will have on voting, as people tend to be only engaged in anything for a few days,, before the "Novocain" wears off.

6. And all of this is very good should any contention over the election be played by the left, their credibility of "fair dealings" is shot to shit, and should a flood of people demanding that all of this be investigated as direct bearing of motive, behavior and actions of the left, and especially Biden, and pointing to the leftest malfeasance, conniving, and disgusting tactics over the last two confirmations of SCOTUS justices, the entire impeachment crap, the unrelenting attacks on Trump for the past 4 years, would make the "mostly peaceful protests" look like Kindergartners during "mat nap". And I did not even include all the "Wuhu it's not Flu flu" crap and the Democratic.gov's walking all over We the People...'s rights with shit covered shoes.

Time for the "silent majority" to warm up their unused vocal cords and be ready to make "one voice" heard.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post