SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Perhaps SigMonkey or others will be able to explain the significance tho I can infer what it means. Why is it "historic"?

Link

Historic Letter Of Rabbonim And Admorim Praising President Trump Released Ahead of Election
October 25, 2020 12:56 am

Historic letter by leading Rabbonim in America in support of President Trump is released ahead of the elections.

The letter which includes the signatures of the Admorim of Pupa, Bobov, Munkach, Vizhnitz, Skver, Rachmistrivka, both Satmar Rebbes, the Dayan of the Crown Heights Bais Din as well as the Rosh Hayeshiva of Lakewood, Philadelphia, and South Fallsburg is an unprecedented joint letter of appreciation and blessing, spearheaded by Rabbi Moshe Margareten of the Tzedek Association.

The letter was first drafted in the summer and signatories were added until recently and signed by an unprecedented union of Rabbonim before being publicly released tonight. None of these Rabbonbim have ever been involved in politics before.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
We as a people for nearly 4000 years have suffered perscution, emslavement, destruction of homeland, and slaughter many times and a great deal of it all because of our religious beliefs, practices and way of life.

What Trump has done by taking the stand for religious freedom, and not given in to the "optics" of mask wearing mandates, goes deep to many Jewish people.

This is a "Big Deal".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a "Big Deal"

But will it change the voting from Dem to Republican ?

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btgoanna:
quote:
This is a "Big Deal"

I suspect that this is a huge eye opener to the regular Jewish voter.

Posts: 5199 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I realize this is a sidetrack but why is it G-d and not God?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one last push in these final days.

Will get this last batch out

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I realize this is a sidetrack but why is it G-d and not God?

It is not proper to utter God's Name. (another lesson entirly)

Some Jewish folks write God as G-d in places where His Name would normally be, because the Name is Holy, and if it is written (in Hebrew), the "document" is considered Holy and should be handled and respected. By writing "G-d", as a "placeholder", both the issue of uttering His Name or profaining the document, or avoided.

So, if you were to write a document, (in Hebrew) and God's Name were to be written there, (in Hebrew), in the translation to other languages (in this case, English), His Name would be replaced with "G-d" and the "understanding" is that His Name, would occupy that place (translated from Hebrew).

While some folks think that absurd or simply, excessive "building a fence around a pitfall", it is similar to clearing a firearm in sight of another and that person then clearing it again, for himself. It is done because the point of doing it is better, even if excessive, than the risk of negligent discharge (or per the example, inadvertently uttering God's Name).

And many Jews will write it as such, out of respect to those whom it is a custom.

/drift.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btgoanna:
quote:
This is a "Big Deal"

The majority Conservative and Orthodox who vote, typically vote R.

Those that vote D are often, Reform, Secular Jews, or "Three Day Jews", (those that only attend Synagogue on Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and maybe a Passover Seder, while observing nothing the rest of the year).

Similar to Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christians and many Catholic or other denominations, there is a pretty big difference of opinion and thought between the groups.

The letter is still a big deal, and yes, it will impact some of the Jewish vote.

The thing(s) it would take to get a majority swing of Jews to vote against the leftest agenda, would ironically, prevent them from having a voice, let alone a vote.

The issue of Jews on the left of center, is a pretty big issue and many points of discussion. It would take a very long time and a lot of words to do it justice and have proper understanding.

posted Hide Post
I love the closing prayer. It's well written, inspiring and sure to make heads explode.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2020...estion-hunter-biden/

Interviewer: "Questions and controversy continue today about Hunter Biden, your son-"

Biden: "There is no controversy about my son. That's a hell of a lie. That's a flat lie because the president has nothing to run on... it's classic Trump."

There is no controversy,” he snapped. “That’s all a lie.”

“It’s a flat lie because the president has nothing else to run on. If you noticed, while the American people are talking about what’s happening to their families; he has no plan and at the debate, he has no plan,” Biden said.

“Everything from Wall Street Journal, other major news outlet said what he is saying is simply not true about my son, but it’s classic Trump,” responded Biden.

Biden, who has held small events where attendees stay in their vehicles and honk their approval, criticized President Donald Trump’s massive rallies.

“He’s going around the country holding these great spreaders of more virus,” Biden said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

really Joe ?

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Some Jewish folks write God as G-d in places where His Name would normally be, because the Name is Holy, and if it is written (in Hebrew), the "document" is considered Holy and should be handled and respected. By writing "G-d", as a "placeholder", both the issue of uttering His Name or profaining the document, or avoided.

Thank you for the explanation, sir.

There's always something to be learned here at SF.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WATCH: ‘Jews for Trump’ Caravan Rolls Thru New York City; Punches, Rocks Thrown

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...unches-rocks-thrown/

According to Yeshiva World News, “1,000 cars boasting Trump flags from Monsey, Flatbush, Boro Park and Manhattan” were expected to participate, culminating in a rally in Marine Park, Brooklyn.

Some participants began in Monsey, New York, some 60 miles away:

Posts: 12678 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...he has no plan and at the debate, he has no plan,"...

Trump does not have a "plan", Trump has a "do".

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Trump is killing me! At a rally in New Hampshire “When you're President, you have a doctor for every part of your body.” Big Grin
I'm getting to that point. . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trump plans on cleaning house. Barr is mentioned indirectly at the end of the article.

quote:
The three officials who Trump wants to immediately remove include FBI Director Christopher Wray, CIA Director Gina Haspel, and Defense Secretary Mark Esper, according to Axios. Wray and Haspel are reportedly “despised and distrusted” by the administration, and the president would have already fired both—starting with Wray—if not for politically damaging headlines in the run-up to next month’s elections.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump approved message - How to spot a zombie

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Haha, Holy shit

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Trump is such a savage. I love his ads and the fact that he just plays Biden gaffes on a loop.

Why attack Biden when you can let him do it himself?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post