SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The amazing thing to me is you have the current Vice President and the VP candidate on stage, and a fly that appeared for minutes has center stage on social media. Roll Eyes

Man, people are stupid...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The amazing thing to me is you have the current Vice President and the VP candidate on stage, and a fly that appeared for minutes has center stage on social media. Roll Eyes

He rolled from what people said, so the fly is all they have to distract.

I'm just watching it now and holy crap the questions were slanted.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
How would you like to hear that voice on the news every day for the next 12 years?

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Pretty fly on a white guy. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
How would you like to hear that voice on the news every day for the next 12 years?

That alone ought to sway the undecideds!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Fantastic showing by Pence. He has a lot more patience for stupidity than I do. I'm still waiting for an answer from Harris. Well done and a perfect balance to Trump.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Pretty fly on a white guy. Big Grin

I see what you did there. Smile

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Vice President Mike Pence suggested that Democrats will not accept the outcome of the 2020 election because they have spent the past three and a half years attempting to negate the results of 2016.

So his next term will count as his first term....Giving trump eight more years!
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eek

That is the very reason I had to turn off the TV after only about 15 minutes of the debate.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlichter on what happens if the left wins and all our fears come true. We still win...

quote:
There is nothing more dangerous than someone with nothing left to lose because that man has no fear. Their success in making our fears come true will lead to their own downfall – after all, as the elite, with power and prestige, they still have everything to lose. Those of us with nothing left will take it from them.

Another good read from Mr. Schlichter.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Eek

That is the very reason I had to turn off the TV after only about 15 minutes of the debate.

You lasted a LOT longer than I did; I could only take 15 seconds of the whiny little bitch.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, that ain't any good.

Second Trump-Biden debate will be virtual, organizers say

Announcement comes nearly a week after Trump announced he tested positive for coronavirus
Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman | Fox News

The second debate between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden will be virtual, with both candidates appearing from separate remote locations, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced Thursday -- nearly a week after Trump announced he'd tested positive for the coronavirus.

The debate, scheduled for Oct. 15, "will take the form of a town meeting," organizers said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...rtual-organizers-say

ETA:

Good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In a Fox Business interview Thursday, the president said he would not take part in a virtual debate.

"The commission changed the debate style and that's not acceptable to us," Trump said on "Mornings with Maria." "I beat him in the first debate, I beat him easily."

The president added that he expected to "beat him in the second debate also."

"I'm not going to do a virtual debate," Trump went on. "I’m not going to waste my time at a virtual debate."

The president said he wasn't going to "sit at a computer" to debate, calling it "ridiculous."

"They're trying to protect Biden," Trump said. "Everybody is."

Moments later, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said the CPD was rushing to Biden's "defense by unilaterally canceling an in-person debate," calling it "pathetic."

"That’s not what debates are about or how they’re done," Stepien said. "Here are the facts: President Trump will have posted multiple negative tests prior to the debate, so there is no need for this unilateral declaration. The safety of all involved can easily be achieved without canceling a chance for voters to see both candidates go head to head."

He added: "We’ll pass on this sad excuse to bail out Joe Biden and do a rally instead.”

Big Grin

-rduckwor

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Good choice for Trump. They just want to give Joe a teleprompter and cut Trump off for Joe’s talking points. No thanks.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12431 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Such a format would allow the "moderator" Roll Eyes to shut off President Trump's audio at will. They could stop him, not only from speaking, but from hearing as well, if they so chose. I agree completely that President Trump should refuse to participate under these conditions. I agree completely that this is being done to protect Biden. I think everyone knows this, whether or not they are honest enough to admit it.

I'm sick of these assholes. November can't get here fast enough for me.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree completely that this is being done to protect Biden.

quote:
He added: "We’ll pass on this sad excuse to bail out Joe Biden and do a rally instead.”

President Trump should hold a rally in Biden's hometown on that night. Or set up a rally at the end of Biden's street.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moments later, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said the CPD was rushing to Biden's "defense by unilaterally canceling an in-person debate," calling it "pathetic."
^^^^^^^^^
Chicago Police Department??

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^
Chicago Police Department??

Commission on Presidential Debates more likely

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We turned the debate off. We tried watching by muting the harris remarks and just listening to VP Pence. It was obviously a biased sham again. VP Pence was calm and reassuring, almost to nice. I liked his habit of continuing his thoughts when the 'moderator' tried to stop him.

The two minutes was not enough time to answer the loaded questions. I'm not convinced that harris didn't have the questions ahead of the debate.

Nasty harris did a good impression of pelosi with her hands flailing in the air. Her smirks and head shaking were so annoying.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To add to the above thought that Harris had the questions in advance. Did you notice when Kamala said that his response was a nice segue to the next question? At our house we immediately jumped up and said, “how would she know that”?

She clearly had foreknowledge or that comment made no sense. The moderator tried to minimize her gaffe by repeating the line, yes it’s a great segue.

Cheaters cheat. Liars lie.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post