SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
we had a nice 3' X 6' Trump sign on the side of the road here

two days after it was put up it was vandalized with spray paint

the next day it was cleaned up - still stained but it still said Trump

two days after that it was stolen

I wish we could make some people disappear with the same efficiency as republican signs seem to be vandalized or stolen...

Hide across the road in the bushes with an air rifle. Work on some autoglass. I know I know....illegal.....baitin'.

Bear Traps about the base!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy: Vázquez made the endorsement despite President Trump opposing Puerto Rican statehood, something the governor is in favor of. Puerto Ricans living on the island are ineligible to vote in November’s White House election.
I believe it's been FIVE times they've voted against statehood, so HOW exactly do the D's propose making them a state?

But have they ever voted on it by mail???

Dems wouldn’t be above promising them all sorts of free shit in exchange...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Joe's looking for the exit.

Biden says there shouldn't be second debate if President Trump still has COVID-19

Suuuuure, Joe. That's the reason why you want to cancel. It wasn't because you got your ass handed to you last time. No, that's not it.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump tweets (from today):

Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19. We made a very generous offer of $1.6 Trillion Dollars and, as usual, she is not negotiating in good faith. I am rejecting their...

.request, and looking to the future of our Country. I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked...

@senatemajldr Mitch McConnell not to delay, but to instead focus full time on approving my outstanding nominee to the United States Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Our Economy is doing very well. The Stock Market is at record levels, JOBS and unemployment...

also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

Posts: 19573 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Also in the Steele dossier thread. Putting it here for the sake of posterity.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...andal-no-redactions/

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok ladies and gents, in today's edition of the Left is completely batshit crazy and totally subversive, I give you this piece that appears in the NYT's today. I don't even know where to begin.... Roll Eyes

America May Need International Intervention

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Your link goes to a video of a Mastiff jumping over stuff.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
So they want the worlds most expensive paper tiger- The UN - to intervene huh. Excuse me while I try not to die laughing.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
So they want the worlds most expensive paper tiger- The UN - to intervene huh. Excuse me while I try not to die laughing.

Exactly. LMAO!! When do we start?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Those darling little baby blue helmets are just so....what’s the term I’m looking for...

Oh yeah - aiming point.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Hey UN....google “Florida Man”....thats what you’re up against here.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Trump IS the 3D chess master. As the libtards heads are exploding after he ceased negotiations on stimulus, now he proposes only giving stimilus to the American people and a few industries, forgoing all the pork. The democrats can't win with this man and it's glorius!

Washington — President Trump has called for Congress to pass relief for airlines, money for the Paycheck Protection Program and stimulus funds, after shutting down negotiations for relief between the White House and House Democrats.

Earlier Tuesday, the president blamed Speaker Nancy Pelosi for "not negotiating in good faith" after she rejected a $1.6 trillion proposal from the White House. The president sent a series of tweets announcing he had "instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election."

But hours later, he urged Congress to pass coronavirus relief, though what he was demanding was not the same package he rejected.

Get Breaking News Delivered to Your Inbox

"The House & Senate should IMMEDIATELY Approve 25 Billion Dollars for Airline Payroll Support, & 135 Billion Dollars for Paycheck Protection Program for Small Business. Both of these will be fully paid for with unused funds from the Cares Act. Have this money. I will sign now!" the president tweeted.

"If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy?" he tweeted minutes later, tagging House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and his own chief of staff, Mark Meadows.

Earlier Thursday, Pelosi reacted to the president's announcement with a statement saying, "Clearly, the White House is in complete disarray."

Coronavirus: The Race To Respond
FDA's new vaccine guidance that pushes approval past election
Live updates: White House doctor says Trump reports "no symptoms"
Whistleblower Rick Bright resigns from federal government
"Today, once again, President Trump showed his true colors: putting himself first at the expense of the country, with the full complicity of the GOP Members of Congress," Pelosi said. "Walking away from coronavirus talks demonstrates that President Trump is unwilling to crush the virus."

A spokesperson for Pelosi also confirmed that she and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin spoke on the phone Tuesday afternoon.

"The Secretary confirmed that the President has walked away from COVID talks. The Speaker expressed her disappointment in the President's decision to abandon the economic & health needs of the American people," Drew Hammill, Pelosi's deputy chief of staff, tweeted.

The president's decision to cut off talks came just hours after Federal Reserve Chairman Jay Powell urged Washington to approve more federal aid, warning of "tragic" economic consequences and a "downward spiral" without it. "Too little support would lead to a weak recovery, creating unnecessary hardship for households and businesses," Powell said in a speech to an economic conference.

In his tweets, Mr. Trump indicated that he was willing to pass a large stimulus bill to aid Americans affected by the coronavirus, but only after he wins the election.

"I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business," Mr. Trump wrote. As recently as three days ago, the president implored both sides to "WORK TOGETHER AND GET IT DONE."

Mnuchin has largely led negotiations with Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, along with White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy joined Mr. Trump and Mnuchin on a conference call on Tuesday to discuss negotiations. Republican aides told CBS News that they were caught off guard when Mr. Trump tweeted the news that he is instructing Mnuchin and other officials to pull out of negotiations. While Republicans were already pessimistic about the chances of success, they believe it looks bad for Mr. Trump — and not the Democrats — to be the one to walk away from negotiations.

When asked why Mr. Trump opted to go this route, one Republican aide responded: "Are you asking me to explain the logic behind what Donald Trump tweets?"

Democrats have signaled that they believe the need is too great for any package that cost less than $2 trillion. Pelosi told reporters last week that Democrats and the Trump administration were still far apart on issues including funding for state and local governments, and there is "a stark difference not just of dollars, but of values."

The bill passed in the House is a slimmed-down version of the $3.4 trillion relief bill the House passed in May. It would restore a popular benefit providing an additional $600 per week on top of unemployment benefits, deliver another round of direct payments and provide funding for schools and state and local jurisdiction. However, McConnell said that the $2 trillion proposal was "outlandish."

McConnell told reporters on Tuesday that he supported Mr. Trump's decision to cease negotiations. However, at least one Republican expressed opposition to Mr. Trump's tweet. GOP Senator Susan Collins, who is locked in a tight reelection race, said in a statement that "waiting until after the election to reach an agreement on the next Covid-19 relief package is a huge mistake." Collins said she had contacted Mnuchin and some of her fellow senators.

In another tweet on Tuesday, Mr. Trump also urged McConnell to instead focus on confirming his nominee to the Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett.

"I have asked...Mitch McConnell not to delay, but to instead focus full time on approving my outstanding nominee to the United States Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett," Mr. Trump wrote. Confirmation hearings for Barrett are scheduled to begin next week, even though two members of the Senate Judiciary Committee have tested positive for COVID-19.

Biden blasted Mr. Trump's decision to stall talks until after the election.

"Donald Trump ended the efforts to pass bipartisan relief that our nation desperately needs," Biden said. "He ended talks that would get help for our businesses and schools, for families struggling and for those unemployed — that would have preserved hundreds of thousands of jobs. Make no mistake: if you are out of work, if your business is closed, if your child's school is shut down, if you are seeing layoffs in your community, Donald Trump decided today that none of that — none of it — matters to him."

All Democrats and two Republicans oppose holding a confirmation vote for Barrett ahead of the election, since Senate Republicans blocked a confirmation vote for Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court during an election year just four years ago. Democrats have also raised concerns about the safety of holding in-person confirmation hearings due to the virus. However, as Republicans hold the majority in the Senate, it is likely that Barrett will be confirmed by the Judiciary Committee and by the full Senate by a narrow margin.

Although Mr. Trump insisted on Twitter that "our Economy is doing very well," markets turned sharply negative in the minutes following the president's tweets, with the Dow plunging more than 400 points on the news.

"Our Economy is doing very well. The Stock Market is at record levels, JOBS and unemployment...also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!" Mr. Trump wrote.

Hiring in the U.S. slowed sharply in September, with employers adding 661,000 jobs for the month, the U.S. Labor Department said Friday. So far, about half of the 22 million jobs lost in March and April, as the coronavirus pandemic spread, have returned.

Around 210,000 Americans have died from the virus, and over 7.5 million have contracted COVID-19. Mr. Trump announced last week that he had tested positive for the virus, and stayed at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center over the weekend.

Although the president said he "learned a lot about COVID" in a video message posted to Twitter on Sunday, he then told people in a tweet on Monday not to let the virus "dominate your life." A post from Mr. Trump downplaying COVID-19 in comparison to the flu was removed by Facebook and flagged by Twitter soon after the president posted it Tuesday morning.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...on-program-airlines/

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If this is true the sign needs to go back up and the police need to be sued.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Then why don't they tear down the Hollywood sign? Isn't that a visual distraction?

Yes, sue the state. Today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lol the left has locked up Putin's endorsement. Not that this is surprising..

Russia’s Putin Praises ‘Ideological’ Links Between Democrats, Soviet Communism

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that he could work with Joe Biden in a new administration, citing common ground he shared with the Democrats over a shared embrace of Soviet ideology.

https://www.breitbart.com/nati...ts-soviet-communism/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I thought they wanted Trump to win. Didn’t someone try to impeach him because the Russians...oh never mind.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

A bit about the Author..

Peter Alexander Beinart is an American columnist, journalist, and political commentator. A former editor of The New Republic, he has written for Time, The New York Times,

The New Republic is an American magazine of commentary on politics, contemporary culture, and the arts. Founded in 1914 by several leaders of the progressive movement, it attempted to find a balance between a humanitarian progressivism and an intellectual scientism, and ultimately discarded the latter.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Another view of what is at stake:

The Elements of Revolution Are All in Place

Including an election from which there could be no turning back.

In a recent poll, 61 % of Americans said we’re on the verge of civil war. What’s coming is cataclysmic, but there are better ways to describe it. Instead of civil war, think revolution.

Some believed the proletarian revolution was coming in the 1930s, during the Great Depression – others, during the rise of the New Left in the 1960s.

But they were only sparks that never ignited.

What was kindled decades ago, now has burst into flames.

The pieces are all in place: rioting without end, war on the police, government complicity with anarchy, one party firmly in the grasp of revolutionaries, ongoing efforts to erase our history, radicals with a death-grip on the culture and an election from which there could be no turning back. To view any of these elements in isolation would be a tragic mistake.

The riots following the death of George Floyd have been anything but spontaneous. They were planned and organized by Black Lives Matter, Antifa and others. The founders of BLM describe themselves as “trained Marxists.”

Every time there are charges of police brutality (given the sort of characters the police are forced to deal with on a daily basis, these are inevitable), the switch is thrown: first come the useful idiots with their signs and slogans, then the outside agitators (with U-Hauls disgorging riot gear), then the looting and burning, then the assaults on police, then the calls to defund the police and on and on.

The goal is chaos, leading to uncertainty, apprehension and politicians willing to give the terrorists whatever they want to buy peace. What they want is to raze this country and build something resembling Cuba or Venezuela on the ruins. That’s how the Biden camp intends to Build Back Better.

The police have taken the brunt of this. According to a story in the September 26th New York Post, in New York City alone, 472 officers have been injured in rioting -- 319 seriously enough to be hospitalized. Across the country, cops have been shot, stabbed, burned and run over with cars.

Police retirements have reached a record high. Police chiefs have resigned and ordinary crime has soared. Calls to defund the police grow. Biden wants to put shrinks in squad cars to help the police deal with domestic violence.

Cops are our first line of defense against the jungle. Joseph Wambaugh called them The New Centurions in his 1971 novel of the same title. Crippling law enforcement is an all-important step on the road to revolution.

Democratic mayors and governors are complicit. In September, the Department of Justice designated New York City, Seattle and Portland jurisdictions where “local governments … are permitting anarchy, violence and destruction.”

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler refused to allow police to use tear gas to dispel rioters. (The city’s chief of police rhetorically asked, “How much violence is enough?”) The mayor of Seattle allowed Antifa to occupy an historic area of the city for a month.

In the first Presidential Debate, Joe Biden declared, “I am the Democratic Party right now.” When queried if he’d asked Democratic mayors to address the rioting more forcefully, he responded, in effect: What can I do. I’m a private citizen? That’s how much the Biden Party wants urban anarchy to end.

Prosecutors elected by George Soros’ PACs refuse to prosecute rioters, who are often back on the streets in a matter of hours. St Louis City Attorney Kimberly Gardner was elected with $190,00 of Soros money and reelected with $119,000. A police official described his department’s relationship with her as “abysmal.” Gardner is prosecuting a couple for defending their home with guns, while refusing to charge the trespassers who were menacing them.

Kamala Harris tweeted out a link to a group raising bail money for Minnesota rioters. Biden campaign workers contributed themselves. Biden described Antifa as “an idea.” Try to imagine Churchill calling the brown shirts “an idea.”

Biden’s condemnation of the war on civilization is worse than nothing at all.

After avoiding the matter for months, at last, when the polls turned against him on the issue, he disavowed “all forms of violence,” while refusing to condemn Black Lives Matter or Antifa (which is a fantasy, after all). He equated isolated instances of police misconduct (“police violence”) and mythical “right-wing militia groups” with the Marxists and anarchists who have set our cities ablaze. How can you spot the white supremacist at a race riot? He’s the one on the ground, bleeding from multiple wounds.

Public schools and higher education are the breeding grounds for the next generation of incendiaries. As the president said in his July 4 Mt. Rushmore speech: “Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but were villains.”

When they’re not distorting history, our schools simply refuse to teach it. In one survey, only 27% of those under 45 years of age had a basic understanding of U.S. history. Only one in three could correctly identify the three branches of government.

Indoctrination (like the 1619 project) is complimented by the steady stream of anti-American, anti-Caucasian propaganda from Hollywood, and the wealth of Fortune 500 firms poured into Black Lives Matter. They’re marching through the institutions -- from the classroom to the newsroom, to the screening room to the boardroom.

Against this backdrop we face the most consequential election of our lifetime, now less than 30 days away.

The Democratic Party is ruled by the revolutionary left. Vice President Biden is its Marshal Petain – the smiling, doddering old fool. Sanders, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talaib, Schumer and Pelosi will pull the strings behind the scene.

If they win, Antifa and BLM will be used to attack and intimidate opponents of the regime -- morphing from storm troopers to S.S. Resistance will be labeled racism.

With statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico (and who knows where else), court-packing and ending the filibuster, our system of government will be permanently altered to assure that this election will be the last real election.

Like France in 1789, Russia in 1917 and Germany in 1932, we stand at the brink. Thank God Trump is no Louis XVI.

Don’t think civil war. Think firing squads, gulags and death camps. Think the Black Lives Matter flag flying over the White House and Capitol.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/f...l-place-don-feder-0/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post