SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It was just announced on ABC Murkowski is voting NO on witnesses.

Thank you, Senator Murkowski.
I'm betting that will end up being the "go" sign for a few D's to be able to vote no as well, such as Manchin and a couple others, since the outcome is no longer in question.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Nadler isnt in the chamber I dont think he has a vote.So the Dems lost another yes vote.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Nadler isnt in the chamber I dont think he has a vote.So the Dems lost another yes vote.

He's not a Senator. He was there as a House "manager".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's not a Senator.

I may have implied that in a previous post as well, in error, my apologies.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

He's not a Senator. He was there as a House "manager".

Sorry forgot he was from the House.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am very surprised by Murkowski. Pleasantly surprised.

I wrote her a blistering email last night.

So I better be writing a "thank you" email right now.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Rep. Jerry Nadler, one of Democratic house managers, has announced he will be leaving Washington to be with his wife -- who has been battling pancreatic cancer.

Yeah right. Shifty Schiff was probably furious he beat him to the lectern last night for final remarks and kicked him out of there.

Did you see Nadler move? Maybe he thought Roberts said there was cake up there! Big Grin

Watch Schiff's Hilarious Attempt to Stop Nadler From Delivering Closing Remarks

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
I cannot state in words how much I despise chuck schumer, and really all of the dems involved with this impeachment hoax. He just said if the Republicans vote no on witnesses, this will be the biggest coverup since watergate!

The projection is comical. Never give up the con.

Here's a business opportunity for anyone who has an interest:

Make range targets with the image of those hateful Dems. Of course, there's probably some law against using the likeness of a public scoundrel as target practice.

Never mind, it's already been done.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Just heard on FM Radio 96.5, The Dana Show: Black SUV shot up by SS as it crashes gates at Mira Lago

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Impeachment update:
Loud cheers just erupted inside the Senate GOP lunch.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen Murkowski, good statement

Murkowski's reference to the Chief Justice appears to be the cheap shot question from Elizabeth Warren. Watch John Roberts face

https://youtu.be/lqa0MrzGYTw

Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Rep. Jerry Nadler, one of Democratic house managers, has announced he will be leaving Washington to be with his wife -- who has been battling pancreatic cancer.

Yeah right. Shifty Schiff was probably furious he beat him to the lectern last night for final remarks and kicked him out of there.

Did you see Nadler move? Maybe he thought Roberts said there was cake up there! Big Grin

Watch Schiff's Hilarious Attempt to Stop Nadler From Delivering Closing Remarks

Big Grin I was thinking the same thing when I didn't see Nads at the House Manager's table.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nadler:

I am sorry to not be able to stay in Washington for the conclusion of the Senate impeachment trial but I need to be home with my wife at this time. We have many decisions to make as a family. I have every faith in my colleagues and hope the Senate will do what is right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

w his wife fighting pancreatic cancer, he spends his time in a sham impeachment.

If Nadler had thought there was a chance the President would be convicted,he would stay in Washington even if his wife were on her death bed.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
WTF is this shit and why do these stupid Republicans keep falling for it? Mad

We were <THIS CLOSE> to acquittal by tonight, so Trump can go to his SOTU and not still be in the middle of this crap, but the NYT leaked more SHIT from Bolton's book this morning.

Goddamn it.

Update (1:20 p.m.): President Trump's impeachment trial will be extended until Wednesday according to journalist Paul Sperry and confirmed by Fox News.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's because senate republicans and democrats all want to make speeches for their respective constituencies.

They are politicians after all.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“But it could portend a 2020 groundswell that pushes the popular vote so overwhelmingly to Trump that the Dems cannot cheat enough votes to counter it. This would force the blue states that agreed to cast their electoral votes for the popular vote candidate to vote for Trump.

“The compact among the states that would force that to happen does not yet take hold, because not enough states have yet passed it to meet the 270 Elecctoral Vote threshold. I seriously doubt the threshold will be met prior to the election, either. (And it's even possible that it will be declared unconstitutional--there are several possible arguments to support that outcome.)”

Should Trump get a landslide election win in November, that would probably be the end of the talk about the “Election Compact” movement. After all it always been by the Dems to get the popular vote over the Electoral vote as a way to elect the President.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Murkowski's reference to the Chief Justice appears to be the cheap shot question from Elizabeth Warren. Watch John Roberts face

https://youtu.be/lqa0MrzGYTw

I don't get why this guy continues to try and play nicey-nice with Democrats the way they treat him with contempt like that.

Either he's clueless or they have something on him and he's being blackmailed or something.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I don't get why this guy continues to try and play nicey-nice with Democrats the way they treat him with contempt like that.

They treat everyone with contempt.

I'll bet they have no mirrors at home. Not that they'd see a reflection.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post