SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
That's the beauty of this debate. They can try to script it all they want and let Biden see all the cards and try to give him every advantage but the President will not follow a script. Apparently China is not on the list of subjects that will be asked about but anyone want to bet Trump finds a way to work it in?

Same with Hunter. He won't be off limits for Trump and he shouldn't be. I think Trump goes right for Bidens jugular in this debate and looks to end it in one round. It could be ugly.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Donald Trump is not a politician, and this is why he doesn't behave like a politician. And now- because of Donald Trump's presidency- we see the real problem with our government throughout our history- and that is that we have been governed by career politicians, who are, by their very nature, self-serving. If they have any loyalty to anything other than themselves, it is a loyalty to their political party, and, as many, many Americans have begun to realize since Donald Trump was elected, there is no actual difference between the Republican and Democratic parties of this nation. Therefore, it has not been a case of Republican versus Democrat; it has been a case of career politicians of any stripe, against the American people.

This is why I have always considered Trump to be the first 3rd party President, being labeled a Republican made his candidacy and campaign easier to deal with. He is neither Democrat or modern day Republican, nor is he a politician.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

absolutely agree

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I agree Oddball. He's not really embraced by either side.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first two questions I'd like to see in the debate are asked of each of them.

1. Have you or anyone on your staff obtained the questions to be asked tonight.
2. Are you wearing any electronic communication device.

Awake not woke

Posts: 566 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
a sad report

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/2...lf-harm-threats.html

The former top manager to President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, Brad Parscale, was hospitalized Sunday after his wife reported that he was armed and threatening to harm himself, authorities said.

Parscale, 44, had multiple guns when police officers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, arrived at his home, police spokeswoman Sgt. DeAnna Greenlaw said in a statement.

Police took Parscale to a local hospital under the Baker Act, Greenlaw said. The mental health law allows for involuntary and voluntary admittance.

Parscale was replaced after Parscale said that millions of tickets had been sold for a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, earlier this month. But the event drew a far smaller crowd than anticipated.

teenagers coordinated to sign up for tickets that they never intended to use

And here is the video of Brad calmly talking to the police only to be tackled to the ground. That was not a suicidal man barricaded with firearms as the news reports have said. He was unarmed sitting on his front porch without a shirt on. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that he had a fight with his wife who happened to know just the right things to say to inflict the most damage.

https://breaking911.com/breaki...t-lauderdale-police/

And did anybody else notice that the alleged police report, his complete home address, and the body cam video were all instantly available online? Of course maybe he did have a breakdown and needs help, but to me this whole thing stinks.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
OF COURSE all that was shown on FNC’s Special Report was his being tackled by the police. Other clearly anti-Trump reporting tonight by John Roberts too. Special Report getting closer to my blacklist.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

This is why I have always considered Trump to be the first 3rd party President...

Should the President win in a big way in November, taking back the House and keeping the Senate, the Republican Party will become the party of Donald Trump.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

This is why I have always considered Trump to be the first 3rd party President...

Should the President win in a big way in November, taking back the House and keeping the Senate, the Republican Party will become the party of Donald Trump.

While we are focusing on the insurgency of the BLM/Antifa taking over the Democratic party, the bigger story may end up being Trump gutting the Republican Party of swamp creatures.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
second video from project Veritas

edited. this was a double post.

Pls see the video in the 'Cash for ballots ..' thread by wcb6092 on page 2. It is an important video

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
a sad report

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/2...lf-harm-threats.html

The former top manager to President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, Brad Parscale, was hospitalized Sunday after his wife reported that he was armed and threatening to harm himself, authorities said.

Parscale, 44, had multiple guns when police officers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, arrived at his home, police spokeswoman Sgt. DeAnna Greenlaw said in a statement.

Police took Parscale to a local hospital under the Baker Act, Greenlaw said. The mental health law allows for involuntary and voluntary admittance.

Parscale was replaced after Parscale said that millions of tickets had been sold for a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, earlier this month. But the event drew a far smaller crowd than anticipated.

teenagers coordinated to sign up for tickets that they never intended to use

A sad, false report.

All these reports of him being barricaded with multiple weapons threatening everyone?

Bodycam footage - him sitting on porch in shorts with a Bud Light and then walking up to the officers, talking normally before being tackled by the SWAT team. Looks like the Roger Stone FBI arrest. Is this just a vindictive wife situation?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Donald Trump is not a politician, and this is why he doesn't behave like a politician. And now- because of Donald Trump's presidency- we see the real problem with our government throughout our history- and that is that we have been governed by career politicians, who are, by their very nature, self-serving. If they have any loyalty to anything other than themselves, it is a loyalty to their political party, and, as many, many Americans have begun to realize since Donald Trump was elected, there is no actual difference between the Republican and Democratic parties of this nation. Therefore, it has not been a case of Republican versus Democrat; it has been a case of career politicians of any stripe, against the American people.

This is why I have always considered Trump to be the first 3rd party President, being labeled a Republican made his candidacy and campaign easier to deal with. He is neither Democrat or modern day Republican, nor is he a politician.

I understand what you are getting at... and you are certainly correct that Trump is NOT a career politicians of any stripe.
However, he's not the first 3rd party President.
He's a Republican. He ran as a Republican and he has the full support of the Republican Party, which has been re-made in his image. 90+% of people who consider themselves Republicans fully support Donald Trump.

The political parties do change and evolve over time. The Republican Party certainly needed a shakeup from a guy like Donald Trump to save it from itself. But the Republican Party is not dead, indeed it is stronger now that it is not dominated by establishment types like the Bushes and the McCains. It's now Donald Trump's political party.

There are those who refuse to accept this, we call them Never-Trumpers, but the party goes on without them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
He's white Bama so nothing to see here.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...evices-ahead-debate/

The Biden campaign requested two breaks (one every thirty minutes) during tonight’s program, which was denied by their Trump counterparts, in negotiations over the last several weeks

Fox News’s Bret Baier pointed out that the debate commission always said the debate would be 90 minutes straight through with no commercial breaks.

The debate, taking place in Cleveland, Ohio, is slated to begin at 9:00 p.m. Eastern.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Biden campaign requested two breaks (one every thirty minutes) during tonight’s program, which was denied by their Trump counterparts, in negotiations over the last several weeks

Fox News’s Bret Baier pointed out that the debate commission always said the debate would be 90 minutes straight through with no commercial breaks.

The debate, taking place in Cleveland, Ohio, is slated to begin at 9:00 p.m. Eastern.

I heard the medicine he is on makes him have to use the bathroom more often. I hope he pisses his pants right through his Depends.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

I heard the medicine he is on makes him have to use the bathroom more often. I hope he pisses his pants right through his Depends.
I hope for more. Maybe he'll do a Nadler in his pants

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[Trump is] a Republican. He ran as a Republican and he has the full support of the Republican Party, which has been re-made in his image.

Disagree. Trump is no more a Republican than was Bloomberg when he ran, and was elected as, a Republican. The only reason the GOP is supporting Trump as it does is what choice does it have? Remade in his image? Hardly.

quote:
90+% of people who consider themselves Republicans fully support Donald Trump.

Again: It's not as if they have much of a choice at this point.

quote:
But the Republican Party is not dead, indeed it is stronger now that it is not dominated by establishment types like the Bushes and the McCains. It's now Donald Trump's political party.

For now. If you think the change you think you're seeing in the GOP is any kind of permanent, I think you're dreaming.

quote:
There are those who refuse to accept this, we call them Never-Trumpers, ...

Yeah, people who support and vote for Trump are Never-Trumpers.

Not sure how that works, but ok.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

That was awesome!

At least 6 officers, half in full battle-rattle. One even had two long guns.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
9/29/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Four years ago Hillary and the Dems didn't want Trump in charge of the nuclear football. Now they think a guy that's clearly failing mentally is fit to carry it.
The same people that want universal background checks because we shouldn't give crazy people guns. Nuclear footballs ok, guns not ok.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post