SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 917
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump:

"Bob Woodward had my quotes for many months. If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives? Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers. Calm, no panic!"

The president told Woodward in March he always wanted to play down the seriousness of the virus.

“Well, I think Bob, really to be honest with you … I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told the author in a phone conversation. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

Trump’s comment to Woodward echoed similar public statements the president made to reporters.

When reporters asked on March 30th why he was downplaying the seriousness of the virus, Trump replied, “The statements I made are: I want to keep the country calm. I don’t want to panic in the country.”

and

What stops Mattis from speaking up right now ?

What combination motivates Woodward? Making $ on book sales or hurting Donald Trump's election chances? Woodward - conartist

Posts: 19560 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Fiorina, another sore loser, on Fox Business stating she’s voting for sleepy joe.

Such a disappointment this bitch.

I never understood the attraction in the first place.

She was on the top-level executive team that, through a series of poor decisions and execution, led to the eventual demise of AT&T. (No, I don't mean the thing that calls itself "AT&T" today. I mean the real AT&T.) As CEO of HP, she nearly destroyed the company. What is left has been a mere shadow of its former self.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ I totally agree. Results matter in business. Her results just aren't there.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Just another example of bad decision making and a flawed thought process from someone s who has been at the helm of several failures.

You do t expect brilliant insight from Carly. She just doesn’t have it.

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Arab League refuses to condemn Israel-UAE agreement, Palestinian Authority (PA) wets its pants.

Isn't it strange that the Middle East has been so much less a hot fucking mess for like 2 or 3 years. We went from essentially an all-out civil war in Syria that threatened to destabilize the whole region and Iran doing all the shit Iran does to...relative calm.

Hmmm. Wonder why that is???

And I thought the whole place was supposed to fall apart if we pulled out of the Iran nuclear "deal"....

So strange.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is strange isn't.

Maybe blowing those Russian mercs to pieces helped too.

Oh, and General Salami[sic] too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... watching the live broadcast (Fox News) as President Trump prepares to talk in Freeland, Michigan ...

Lee Greenwood singing 'God Bless The USA', as the CiC walks from Air Force One, to the podium.

It's times like these ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump drew another large crowd here the other day in Winston Salem. Now one of the local "experts" is warning of dire consequences and the rally could be a "potential super spreader of the virus". I'm so damn tired of these bastards!!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Trump drew another large crowd here the other day in Winston Salem. Now one of the local "experts" is warning of dire consequences and the rally could be a "potential super spreader of the virus". I'm so damn tired of these bastards!!

They never stop spewing lies. I can't believe how many people they packed into that airport. I've watched airshows there when I was kid.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ I totally agree. Results matter in business. Her results just aren't there.

I disagree. I’d argue that her results are very much there, clearly evident, and obviously negative.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One of the local TV "news" programs last night described this as "a small crowd."

Trump Michigan rally crowd nearly twice what was expected -- up to 10,000, airport manager says

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump announces deal between Bahrain, Israel to normalize relations in push for Mideast peace

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
All part of the plan. The 8 week plan. It's beautiful.

July 17 - EO: Only US Citizens would be counted. Lower prescription drug prices

8/2 Kurdish Oil deal.
9/7 UAE/Israel Normilize relations
9/7 Serbia/Kosovo normalize relations
9/9 US announces troop withdraw from Afghanistan
9/9 US announces peace talks with Afghanistan
9/10 PLO told to pound sand
9/11 Bahrain/Israel normalize relations
9/11 Saudi Arabia allows flights to/from Israel to fly over SA

BO saying an Iranian/Russian Nuclear umbrella was "inevitable"

WINNING!

Link

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I can't remember, but I thought Cruz said he would turn it down....

I think you are right about Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. I remember it that way too, but that was 3+ years ago. Cruz may feel differently now. I would at least ask him.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I would enjoy seeing Ted take Ruth's seat.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saudi Arabia next?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NY admits they rely on the honesty of non-citizens and illegal immigrants to decide if they vote or not.

https://justthenews.com/politi...red-vote-ny-election

Todd Valentine, New York Board of Elections co-executive director, and Nick LaLota, Suffolk County elections commissioner, said some non-citizens and illegal immigrants incorrectly get registered to vote in the state of New York.

"We don't have the proper amount of rules and laws and regulations to fetter out that sort of nefarious activity," LaLota said.

LaLota explained that undocumented immigrants are able to apply for driver's licenses in the state, which makes it easier for them to mistakenly become registered eligible voters.

"The state automatically registers them to vote unless they check a small box saying that no, they don't want to get registered to vote," LaLota said. "I would presume some of that happens intentionally, probably a larger amount happens unintentionally, but whatever the case is, the end result is a large amount of folks who are not in our country legally getting put on the rolls."

LaLota said his ability to find and remove non-citizens from voter files on the county level was constrained. "I don't have any tools," he said. "I'm not allowed to, as an elections commissioner, ask anybody from the U.S. Department of State or anybody else, who has citizenship, who has a Social Security number or anything else, so I have no tools here

"If they don't check the box, and say they are a citizen," he added, "it is going to go through and get that [voter] application and just as you pointed out, it's very difficult in the back end because there is no list of citizens that's ever been given to any state or county across the entire country."

Valentine said some states have asked the federal government for a list of citizens to help them locate ineligible registered voters, such as non-citizens, but they have been denied.

"Right now, we're reliant solely upon the voter to check the appropriate box on the application that yes, I am a citizen, and if they don't check the box — 'Hey, you forgot' — it's an incomplete application — that's the one good thing DMV does," he said.

Valentine explained that the current system relies on the honesty of non-citizens and illegal immigrants to indicate that they aren't citizens during the voter registration process at the DMV.

"It's very difficult, if there's no other way to validate that in any manner,"

xxxxxxxxxxxx

gee, if only we asked in the census

Posts: 19560 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Seen on Facebook:

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post