SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Ackks, if this "Chris Kahn" is the same one who frequently appears as a commenter on Fox News, I can't begin to say how much I dislike him. Not only is he wrong most of the time (fake facts), he is extremely rude--interrupts the other commenters, talks over them without ceasing, and will not stop when the talking head tries to regain control. He is narcissistic and unwilling to allow others to have their fair say. All of which is to say: he's a true Leftist.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some interesting names on that list, for sure!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I would love to see Ted Cruz as SCJ. He might be the next Scalia.

Posts: 8617 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Here's Gutfeld's melt down montage on The Five today regarding Trump's Nobel nomination. (If anyone cares to embed feel free)
https://youtu.be/iqDt-F4JKqY

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Ackks, if this "Chris Kahn" is the same one who frequently appears as a commenter on Fox News, I can't begin to say how much I dislike him. Not only is he wrong most of the time (fake facts), he is extremely rude--interrupts the other commenters, talks over them without ceasing, and will not stop when the talking head tries to regain control. He is narcissistic and unwilling to allow others to have their fair say. All of which is to say: he's a true Leftist.

flashguy

I don't know him past the quote in the story, but it wouldn't shock me. I think the main point of the article is don't get discouraged or depressed by what the media is putting out.

We are seeing that today. They are once again acting like they finally have the Road Runner trapped. Nope. "Beep, Beep"

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

I can't remember, but I thought Cruz said he would turn it down. Instead Cruz advocates strongly for his friend Mike Lee. Either would make a great SCJ in my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Put this in the sign thread but decided to stick it here as well. Trump flag and Thin Blue Line flag.

Managed to snap this pic on Rt. 40 on my way back from Heber City to Park City. Put a smile on my face. As far as i can tell, this is just a hill on the side of the highway.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Yeah, but right now we need him as a GOP Senator -- our lead there is pretty thin.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump Announces New Supreme Court List

Today President trump released another list of potential Supreme Court nominees. These are described as additions to the president’s prior lists, so those original people are still in the mix. This is today’s list:

Bridget Bade is a Judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Prior to her appointment in 2019, Judge Bade was a United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Arizona and an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Arizona. Judge Bade served as a law clerk to Judge Edith H. Jones of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Judge Bade earned her B.A., summa cum laude, from Arizona State University and her J.D., cum laude, from Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law.

Daniel Cameron is the 51st Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Before his election in 2019, Attorney General Cameron practiced law with Frost Brown Todd, LLC and served as Legal Counsel to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. He served as a law clerk to Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. Attorney General Cameron received his B.S. from the University of Louisville and his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law.

Tom Cotton is a United States Senator for the State of Arkansas. Prior to his election in 2014, Senator Cotton served as a Member in the United States House of Representatives and in the United States Army, rising to the rank of Captain while serving in both Iraq with the 101st Airborne and in Afghanistan with a Provincial Reconstruction Team. Prior to his military service, Senator Cotton practiced law at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP. Senator Cotton served as a law clerk to Judge Jerry Smith of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He received his A.B., magna cum laude, from Harvard College and his J.D. from Harvard Law School.

Paul Clement is a partner with Kirkland & Ellis, LLP. He previously served as Solicitor General of the United States and has argued over 100 cases before the Supreme Court of the United States. He served as a law clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court of the United States and Judge Laurence Silberman on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Mr. Clement received his B.S.F.S., summa cum laude, from the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service; his M.Phil. from Cambridge University; and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School.

Ted Cruz is a United States Senator for the State of Texas. Prior to his election in 2012, Senator Cruz was a partner at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, LLP and served as Solicitor General of Texas. Senator Cruz served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist on the Supreme Court of the United States and Judge J. Michael Luttig on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Senator Cruz received his A.B., cum laude, from Princeton University and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School.

Stuart Kyle Duncan is a Judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Before his appointment in 2018, he was a partner at Schaerr Duncan, LLP and General Counsel of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. Earlier in his career, Judge Duncan served as Solicitor General of Louisiana. Judge Duncan served as a law clerk to Judge John M. Duhé, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He received his B.A., summa cum laude, from Louisiana State University; his J.D. from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University; and his LL.M. from Columbia University Law School.

I haven’t yet taken time to research some of these potential nominees, but it isn’t hard to spot the headliners. Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court? Liberal heads would explode. Is there anything worse, to a liberal, than Ted Cruz on the high court? Yes: Tom Cotton on the Court. Both Cruz and Cotton are magnificently qualified, but Cotton has the advantage of being younger.

Paul Clement is also a familiar name, one of America’s best-known appellate lawyers. He was Solicitor General during the George W. Bush administration and has argued more than 100 cases before the Supreme Court. Among many other cases he represented the National Rifle Association in the landmark McDonald v. Chicago case, and 26 states in the challenge to Obamacare.

Another name that will frighten the left is Daniel Cameron, the Attorney General of Kentucky. Cameron, who is black, got great reviews for his speech at the Republican convention.

I am sure the others are fine jurists, but I suspect these are the names that will give leftists the most heartburn.

Powerlineblog.com Link

Personally, I hope Tom Cotton would turn down the honor as I hope to see him as president in the not distant future.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If Daniel Cameron is like Clarence Thomas, that would be huge, if he makes it in. He's only 34.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Arab League refuses to condemn Israel-UAE agreement, Palestinian Authority (PA) wets its pants.

Link

quote:
Arab League rejects PA demand to condemn Israel-UAE deal
Arab League fails to pass PA resolution which would have condemned the normalization deal between Israel and the UAE.

The Arab League on Wednesday failed to pass a resolution proposed by the Palestinian Authority (PA) which would have condemned the normalization deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Times of Israel reports.

“After a three-hour debate, some Arab countries refused to include [a] statement condemning [the UAE] for abandoning Arab decisions. Additionally, they struck out a clause which discussed the trilateral agreement” between the UAE, the US, and Israel, the PA representative to the Arab League, Muhannad al-Aklouk, was quoted as having told the Ma’an news agency.

Senior Arab League official Hussam Zaki said, “Discussion around this point was serious and comprehensive. But it did not lead to agreement over the resolution proposed by the Palestinians.”

Zaki said the PA representatives had insisted they would either accept a condemnation of the agreement or no statement on the issue at all.

“A number of amendments were proposed, and then counter-amendments…and we were at a point in which Palestinian demands had not been realized, and the Palestinians preferred it not to pass rather than have it pass in a manner which they believed to be inadequate,” Zaki said.

Before Wednesday’s discussion, the PA leadership submitted a draft resolution in which it watered down its criticism of the normalization deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas denounced the Israel-UAE deal and described it as "a stab in the Palestinians' back". He has also said that no peace would be achieved in the region by bypassing the Palestinian Arabs in favor of normalization of relationships between the Arab states and Israel.

Chief PA negotiator Saeb Erekat warned that the Israel-UAE agreement would kill the two-state solution, strengthen "extremists" and undermine the "possibility of peace".

An Arab League condemnation of the Israel-UAE deal seemed unlikely from the start, sinc several Arab states such as Egypt and Bahrain have expressed public or tacit support for the deal.

Senior PA official Hussein al-Sheikh called the Arab League’s failure to condemn the deal “the triumph of money over dignity.”

“The Arab League has not produced anything. It has given the entire region condemnations of everyone ad nauseum — except for Israel. This is a thunderous collapse, the use of ‘national sovereignty’ to justify subservience,” al-Sheikh said, according to Times of Israel.

Hamas spokesperson Hazem Qassem also condemned the Arab League’s failure to pass the resolution.

“This inability to condemn the UAE merely tempts Israel and the United States to continue implementing their plan to liquidate the Palestinian cause,” he was quoted as having said.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...nd-an-immense-honor/

Sen Hawley: I appreciate the President’s confidence in listing me as a potential Supreme Court nominee. But as I told the President, Missourians elected me to fight for them in the Senate, and I have no interest in the high court. I look forward to confirming constitutional conservatives

Sen Cruz: It’s humbling and an immense honor to be considered for the Supreme Court. The High Court plays a unique role in defending our Constitution, and there is no greater responsibility in public service than to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. In the Senate, I have been blessed to lead the fight to preserve our constitutional liberties — every day, to defend the rights of 29 million Texans — and I look forward to continuing to do so for many years to come.

Sen Cotton: I’m honored that President Trump asked me to consider serving on the Supreme Court and I’m grateful for his confidence. I will always heed the call of service to our nation.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Arab League refuses to condemn Israel-UAE agreement, Palestinian Authority (PA) wets its pants.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107514 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fiorina, another sore loser, on Fox Business stating she’s voting for sleepy joe.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Herridge is fully aware and highlighted those sections specifically in response to Mattis.

He needs to be court martialed and have his retirement taken away after a stint in Leavenworth.

University of Chicago professor using Mattis as an excuse to openly call for a military coup followed by a sham election. These leftists really do want to be just like Venezuela!

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald.../1269299736651149319

There is something very wrong with some in the top ranks of America’s military

By Andrea Widburg

With Bob Woodward’s anti-Trump book about to be published, the media is focusing entirely on the easily debunked claim that Trump mishandled the Wuhan virus by “lying” to the American people. What the media is ignoring, however, is a much more serious claim, which is that former Secretary of Defense General James Mattis plotted to overthrow Trump and his administration. This fact, if true, supports my long-time fear about the damage Obama inflicted on the upper echelons of the Pentagon.

The Conservative Treehouse caught the Mattis item:

According to a pre-release excerpt from the Washington Post Bob Woodward writes about a discussion between General James Mattis and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats about a plot to overthrow the elected government of the United States.

[snip]

What do you call a conversation between the Defense Secretary and the head of the U.S. intelligence apparatus where they are talking about taking “collective action” to remove an elected President? That’s called sedition…. A seditious conspiracy.

It began to be clear last October that the Obama administration (with some help from Bill Clinton’s presidency) had seeded the Pentagon with leftist generals whose allegiance was to the Deep State, to cultural leftism, and to the infamous and profitable “military industrial complex” that Eisenhower warned about in 1961. In only five years, Obama had conducted a major Pentagon purge, firing almost 200 senior officers who held the old-fashioned belief that the military exists to protect America and should not be a social justice institution with limited firepower.

The upper-level officers who remained were hardcore Democrats. While still in the military, Admirable McRaven gave bin Laden a respectful, private burial. Once out of the military, he wrote an editorial for the New York Times, strongly suggesting a military coup against Trump. Barry McCaffrey, a Clinton White House officer, likened Trump to Mussolini because he canceled the White House’s newspaper subscriptions. And Obama’s Joint Chiefs Vice Chair, James Winnefeld, was deeply offended on behalf of ISIS terrorist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi because Trump did the psychologically smart thing of telling al-Baghdadi’s followers that he died like a coward.

In November, Sundance, at The Conservative Treehouse, pointed out that, even though Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman used back channels to try to counteract his commander-in-chief’s foreign policy solely because Vindman disagreed with the policy, the Defense Department invited him right back to the NSC. To Sundance, there was only one takeaway: “The United States Military is collaborating with the CIA to remove a U.S. President from office.”

All of the above says that there is something rotten happening in the Pentagon. The implications aren’t just in the past. They’re also in the future. Michael Anton has written the best article spelling out the fact that the Democrats are openly planning a coup if Biden doesn’t win. One of the crucial points about this planned coup is that the Democrats have been explicit about military involvement.

The Coming Coup?
Michael Anton
https://americanmind.org/essays/the-coming-coup/

Their plan in the event Trump wins in a given state is to send their Democrat electors to the Electoral College along with (or even in lieu of) the Republican electors. In the chaos that results, which will spill onto the streets, Democrats trust “that the military would take care of the rest.”

Anton also says that retired military officers, such as the ones I discussed above (and I’m willing to bet that includes Mattis and McRaven), have already said that they will support a coup. I’ll add that it’s likely that they have allies still within the Pentagon, people who benefit from the perpetual wars that Obama, a supposed anti-war president, nevertheless fought and instigated, and who also benefit from the pipeline flowing from the Pentagon to that profitable military industrial complex.

The laughable Atlantic article about Trump disrespecting the military was intended, not just to get military votes on November 3, but to get military coup participants after November 3. Critical Race Theory training and eight years of Obama’s social justice policies have shifted many of the enlisted ranks from strong conservatives to equally strong Democrats.

The only way to put the kibosh on all of this is for an overwhelming Trump turnout on November 3, one that reminds Democrats no matter where they are – the media, Hollywood, the military, the defense contractors, your neighborhood – that the people are behind Trump.

As I heard someone say, the Democrats have ensured that, after the election, unless a bizarre miracle happens and Biden wins overwhelmingly on (not after) November 3, there will be upheaval. However, we know from the street battles in Democrat-run cities that, if Biden does win, the disruptions will spread. If Trump wins, the upheavals will meet the full force of the law (and due process), and America can once again get down to the business of being the best, freest nation on earth.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...y.html#ixzz6Xdo7PPCM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24075 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Fiorina, another sore loser, on Fox Business stating she’s voting for sleepy joe.

Such a disappointment this bitch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
He needs to be court martialed and have his retirement taken away after a stint in Leavenworth.

That is exactly what needs to happen, but Obama methodically purged the ranks of officers who did not agree with his radical agenda. So, I doubt there are many left (if any at all) who have the balls and the courage to do the right thing and bring him to a courts martial.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Herridge is fully aware and highlighted those sections specifically in response to Mattis.

University of Chicago professor using Mattis as an excuse to openly call for a military coup followed by a sham election. These leftists really do want to be just like Venezuela!
I cannot believe that Gen Mattis would participate in any such nonsense. I am sure he is fuming at the report. No one better understands the duty to support and defend the constitution. Read Mattis' book. Sure he can disagree with his Commander In Chief-it is important that senior leaders do so, and while serving he always did so in private. But to consider a military coup? I call BS, left wing wishful thinking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot believe that Gen Mattis would participate in any such nonsense.

If only there was a way for him to respond to the allegation. A way for him to speak out and be heard.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post