SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 916
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m now watching this evening’s GOP convention speeches on C-SPAN.
I hope lots of people watch this, because the individual testimonies of the speakers are really powerful.
Did you know Herschel Walker was Donald Trump’s close friend for 37 years? Worst. Racist. Ever.
Whoever put this together needs to be heartily congratulated.

Having written that, on comes Kim Guilfoyle. Terrible choice. Don Jr’s paramour.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Pelosi Calls Republicans 'Domestic Enemies Of The State'

This is a rule with these people.

Always, always, always accuse the opposition of what you yourself are doing.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a rule with these people.

Always, always, always accuse the opposition of what you yourself are doing.

I don't think it's a rule. It's a psychological condition.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I think Herschel's friendship with Trump stems from Trump's trying to get the USFL up and running. I was a kid living in NJ back then, but it was in the news a lot and Herschel came to the local shoe outlet store to sign autographs. I met him.

As for Pelosi, she's one of those people I'd like to have on my staff, just in case I was unclear on an issue. I'd ask her position on it, do the exact opposite and rest easy knowing I did the right thing.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have considered Democrats and their ilk enemies if the state.

Now we know where we stand.

Let the games begin.

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

seen at CTH

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched Donald Trump jr. Lad was on fire.

Very impressive if it was live and not memorex.

Biden is the "loch ness monster of the swamp". I almost died laughing.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
sdy that was a phenomenal endorsement. His ACTIONs speak louder than slogans and stickers.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Herschel Walker's speech was phenomenal! Truly a great American.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I was very impressed with this speech.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Can we take a small detour to watch this lady lip sync Nancy Pelosi?

I was laughing so hard I snorted and woke my wife up.

https://twitter.com/GabriellaD...705678786768896?s=20

or

https://twitter.com/tracy15wil...575409140326401?s=20

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9150 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome....

nailed it

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see the viewership numbers.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lol this chick is truly braindead. I'll take the honey badger as a mascot Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Republicans are Honey Badgers

If You Keep It Up and You Just Might Get It! Be Careful What You Wish For....

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
So, one more thing that idiot is going to take?

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pardon the Twitter link, but Ric Grenell's sense of humor is top notch. Dude is awesome. Big Grin Big Grin

https://twitter.com/brokebackU.../1298082307954409472

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1933 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
powerful

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They sure are afraid of Trump winning, we knew something would come up mid GOP convention, here it is, another attack on DJT by SDNYAG.

NYAG files suit against Trump Organization

New York attorney general files legal action against Trump Organization, revealing state investigation into the company’s financial dealings

y
David A. Fahrenthold,
Jonathan O'Connell and
Joshua Partlow
August 24, 2020 at 7:47 p.m. EDT
The New York attorney general is investigating whether President Trump’s company misled lenders and taxing authorities by improperly inflating the value of his assets, according to a court filing on Monday.

The filing from Attorney General Letitia James (D) said that the Trump Organization has declined to hand over some documents that had been subpoenaed, and that the president’s son Eric has refused to be interviewed. James’s inquiry began 18 months ago, but James had not disclosed its focus or scope before Monday.

Eric Trump — now the day-to-day leader of his father’s company — agreed to an interview, and then canceled two days before, according to the filing. He has declined to set another date, citing “rights afforded to every individual under the Constitution” to justify refusing the subpoena for an interview, the attorney general said.

In addition, James said, Trump’s company has declined to produce any documentation to show it had paid the proper taxes when one of its lenders forgave more than $100 million of debt on the Trump hotel in Chicago.

The filing showed Trump’s company is now facing two advanced investigations into its finances in New York state — both focused on the years before he took office.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. (D) is separately looking into payoffs made in 2016 to women who alleged they had affairs with Trump — and Vance’s recent filings suggest that his probe may have expanded to cover other financial dealings at the company.

In Monday’s filing, James asked a New York state judge to order Eric Trump and the Trump Organization — which is based in New York — to comply with the subpoenas. James said this is a civil investigation, not a criminal one.

2019: Michael Cohen says Trump inflated his assets for insurance purposes
President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen said Trump inflated his assets for insurance purposes during a House Oversight Committee hearing in 2019. (Reuters)
“The Trump Organization has stalled, withheld documents, and instructed witnesses, including Eric Trump, to refuse to answer questions under oath,” James wrote on Twitter. “That’s why we filed a motion to compel the Trump Organization to comply with our lawful subpoenas for documents and testimony.”

James was elected to her post in 2018 and promised during her campaign to aggressively investigate Trump’s business and his administration. On Monday, Eric Trump responded to the filing by accusing James of politically motivated harassment, saying she had targeted the Trump Organization to punish its owner, the president. He suggested it was no accident James made the disclosure during the Republican National Convention.

“How could I ever possibly trust the legitimacy of a subpoena sent by someone who publicly campaigned on taking down my father and using her office to harass our family. She has called his presidency ‘illegitimate,’ ” Eric Trump said in a statement. “This type of targeting and harassment violates every ethical guideline of a prosecutor. It’s wrong.”

The attorney general’s office noted that it submitted the filing to the court on Friday but that it was only made public on Monday.

President Trump still owns his businesses, though he says he has given day-to-day control over to his adult sons. The White House did not respond to a request for comment. A spokesman for James declined to comment about Eric Trump’s statement.

Neither James’s nor Vance’s investigation seems close to a conclusion, with just two months to go before Election Day. Indeed, James’s filing on Monday said her office has not determined if any laws were broken.

But both investigations could prove significant headaches for Trump’s company — and for Trump himself, if he loses in November and returns to private life. The filing submitted Monday showed James’s investigators had already probed deeply into a company that has long resisted outside scrutiny.

As described in that filing, James’s investigation seemed to focus on two broad questions.

One related to Trump’s hotel in Chicago and the taxes Trump paid — or should have paid — related to the hotel. Trump’s company owed $150 million on a loan to the property by a company called Fortress Credit. But in 2012, the filing said, Fortress let Trump’s company pay off the loan for just $48 million — effectively forgiving more than $100 million in debt.

In many cases, tax experts have said, companies are required to treat this kind of forgiven debt as income and pay income taxes on it. But, in the filing, James said the Trump Organization did not provide documents showing it had done so. James’s office said it “has been unable to confirm that these sums were recognized as taxable income.”

That was the first time any investigative authority had announced an interest in Trump’s forgiven Chicago loan.

The second broad category of inquiry described in James’s filing focused on whether Trump manipulated the value of his assets to impress lenders, or to lower his taxes.

The filing said James’s office had begun its investigation in March 2019, a few months after James took office. The trigger was congressional testimony by Trump’s former fixer and attorney, Michael Cohen.

Cohen said then that Trump had used documents called “Statements of Financial Condition” — self-reported summaries of his wealth and debts — to mislead both lenders and insurers.

James’s investigation seemed to have broadened beyond that, to ask if Trump had also inflated his assets when seeking conservation easements — agreements not to develop parcels of land he owns. Those easements provide income tax breaks: The more development value a parcel had, the more valuable the tax break.

James’s filing mentioned three Trump properties. One was an estate Trump owns in suburban New York called Seven Springs.

Last year, The Washington Post reported that, in Trump’s 2011 “Statement of Financial Condition,” Trump had inflated the potential value of that estate by saying it was “zoned for nine luxurious homes.” The future sale value of those home lots pushed the overall value of the property to $261 million, Trump’s statement said — far more than the $20 million assessed by local authorities.

But local officials said Trump had never completed the process to get zoning approval for the homes. The homes were never built.

In addition, James’s filing said Trump’s company had also obtained a conservation easement on the Seven Springs property in 2015, saying it had lost $21.1 million in value by giving up development rights.

Part of Trump’s Seven Springs estate is located in the town of Bedford, N.Y., in Westchester County. Joel Sachs, the town attorney in Bedford, said the New York attorney general’s office several months ago subpoenaed the town for all its records pertaining to Seven Springs and the Trump Organization’s attempt to develop the land.

Investigators from the attorney general’s office visited Bedford, met with town officials and reviewed documents, including the Trump Organization’s application forms for the proposed development. The attorney general’s office also subpoenaed a town official whom Sachs declined to identify. In early July, the official gave a deposition to investigators for six or seven hours, which Sachs attended, he said. This was the “most knowledgeable” official about the Trump property, he said.

“The town of Bedford cooperated,” Sachs said. “We just felt we had the obligation to comply with the attorney general’s investigation.”

The filing also says investigators were interested in valuations of Trump’s golf course in Los Angeles — where in 2014 Trump obtained a conservation easement that he said lowered the property value by $25 million, the filing said. And they indicated interest in Trump’s office building at 40 Wall Street in Manhattan, though they did not say why.

In the filing, James also asks a judge to compel two of the Trump Organization’s outside attorneys, as well as an engineer Trump hired, to produce documents relevant to the investigation. One of those three, attorney Sheri Dillon, declined to comment on Monday. The other two did not respond to requests for comment on Monday.

This is not Trump’s first fight with a New York attorney general.

A previous attorney general, Eric Schneiderman, sued Trump’s business in 2013 for allegedly defrauding students at his Trump University. Later, Schneiderman’s successor, Barbara Underwood, sued Trump in 2018 for allegedly misusing donations to his nonprofit, the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

In both of those cases, President Trump said they were based on politics and not the law. He called Schneiderman — an elected Democrat, like James — a “lightweight hack” doing the bidding of President Obama. He also accused Underwood of playing politics, though she was not a politician when she was appointed to her office after Schneiderman resigned.

In both cases, however, the suits ended with Trump’s company paying: Trump’s university paid $25 million to settle a series of lawsuits, including Schneiderman’s. And in the Trump Foundation case, the attorney general’s suit ended with a state judge ordering Trump to pay $2 million in damages.

Rosalind S. Helderman contributed to this report.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
8/24/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post