SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
7/27/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
I no longer watch the Sunday morning talk shows. It's all left wing propaganda at this stage.
AMEN!! I miss Tim Russert. He was EXCELLENT!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'd love to hear more sensitivity lessons about saying China Virus from people who say orange man.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, fox has been full of anti-Trumpers for some time now.

Some time back I was on youtube and searched for Fox news announces Trump's win of the presidency 2016. Everything you need to know about Chris Wallace is right there. He looked like a truck just ran over his cat. The same look Megan Kelly had.

We all know about Napalatono and Cavuto. Another one is Martha Macullum. I was watching her show during the Impeachment hearings in the Senate when Adam Schiff was talking. Martha went on and on about what a "compelling argument he made". Good grief.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Fox is owned by the Murdochs

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/...biden-and-democrats/

Rupert Murdoch’s son and daughter-in-law drop more than $2 million to help elect Biden and Democrats

Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch's son and daughter-in-law are two of the biggest backers of presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden's campaign, federal filings show.

James Murdoch and his wife Kathryn Murdoch each contributed $615,000 to the Biden Victory Fund in June, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

The Biden Victory Fund splits donations between Biden's campaign, the Democratic National Committee and 26 state parties. The couple has also contributed to other candidates aiming to unseat Republicans. Kathryn Murdoch is "increasingly giving to Democrats this cycle, including $1 million to help Senate Democrats,"

James Murdoch told The New Yorker last year that "there are views I really disagree with on Fox." He also discussed internal family tension, revealing that there are "periods" of time when he and his father do not talk.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
James Murdoch and his wife Kathryn Murdoch each contributed $615,000 to the Biden Victory Fund in June, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

They are leftists indeed.
Fox News has shifted to the left since founder Rupert Murdoch stepped down.
But I think it's James Murdoch's older brother, Lachlan who runs Fox News.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rupert is still alive at 89.

I think he has passed control of his empire to his sons. Don't know if he is in a decision role at all. (he might be)

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Rupert is still alive at 89.

^^ Corrected.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My veterinary clinic happens to be located on the approach path to MAF about 5 miles away. I was standing outside and suddenly heard the roar of 4 747 engines overhead. I looked up an sure enough it was Air Force One.

I had no idea how much it affected me just standing there watching her overhead. I just felt a sense of patriotism and pride swell up inside of me.

I managed to snap a few pictures on my phone. I'm computer illiterate but if someone would like to post them my e-mail is in my profile and I could e-mail the pictures to you.

Thanks,

Tommy

Posts: 140 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding the Implementation of President Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship

On Monday, the Department of Commerce, as directed by President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship, filed a petition to clarify the scope of Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act. The petition requests that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) clarify that Section 230 does not permit social media companies that alter or editorialize users’ speech to escape civil liability. The petition also requests that the FCC clarify when an online platform curates content in “good faith,” and requests transparency requirements on their moderation practices, similar to requirements imposed on broadband service providers under Title I of the Communications Act. President Trump will continue to fight back against unfair, un-American, and politically biased censorship of Americans online.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Steven Hayward on Powerlineblog.com has just posted the printed version of a speech AG Barr gave to the Federalist Society in late 2019 (the Barbara Olson Memorial Lecture). As Hayward says of Barr and the Left, "He has their number."

Here's the link: Barr speech to Federalist Society

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding the Implementation of President Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship

On Monday, the Department of Commerce, as directed by President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship, filed a petition to clarify the scope of Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act. The petition requests that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) clarify that Section 230 does not permit social media companies that alter or editorialize users’ speech to escape civil liability. The petition also requests that the FCC clarify when an online platform curates content in “good faith,” and requests transparency requirements on their moderation practices, similar to requirements imposed on broadband service providers under Title I of the Communications Act. President Trump will continue to fight back against unfair, un-American, and politically biased censorship of Americans online.

LINK

So what does that mean? They can still limit free speech and attempt to sway an election, but possibly pay a civil price down the line?

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Interesting how Notre Dame can play 10 conference football games plus one nonconference game of their choosing, but not host a debate.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^. It’s simple. ND does not want to put up with the protests and rioting that will follow the debate. These idiots are emboldened by the Libs so I can see them trying to cause a ruckus at the debates.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^. It’s simple. ND does not want to put up with the protests and rioting that will follow the debate. These idiots are emboldened by the Libs so I can see them trying to cause a ruckus at the debates.

Nonsense. That's not why. They are protecting Joe Biden. 100%.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
President Trump is a trolling genius. If the virus is so bad that it's not safe to vote in person, and if voting by mail is fraudulent, maybe we should delay the vote? Just put the idea out there and then watch the leftists have a total meltdown. Big Grin

https://twitter.com/realDonald.../1288818160389558273

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trump Sparks Firestorm With Suggestion To Delay Elections 'Until Vote Can Be Safe'

President Trump fired off a Thursday tweet that's about to dominate the weekend news cycle - suggesting that the 2020 election could be postponed over concerns that mail-in ballots will lead to "the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history," adding "It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

Trump's tweet ignited a firestorm from the left.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...over-vote-mail-fraud

-rduckwor

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Agree. Trump is just moving chess pieces. Suck it up, Libs. He's got your number. Whatcha gonna do?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
President Trump is a trolling genius. If the virus is so bad that it's not safe to vote in person, and if voting by mail is fraudulent, maybe we should delay the vote? Just put the idea out there and then watch the leftists have a total meltdown. Big Grin

https://twitter.com/realDonald.../1288818160389558273

They are going APESHIT right now. Eek

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post