SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gonna be a landslide no matter what

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gonna be a landslide no matter what

I can’t fucking wait!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It takes great intellectual courage to change one’s mind, and especially for someone in the public eye who can be pilloried for doing so. There is not a person on the planet whose opinions and actions I fully approve of—not even me—but one of the things I admire most about anyone is their willingness to examine their beliefs and to change them when warranted.
Personally, I think what you're describing here is 'integrity'. If you possess integrity, you realize that changing your mind based on new and/or better data is a positive, and to be respected, rather than the negative childish people associate with it. Unfortunately, I could probably count on one hand the number of politicians in Washington that even know what the term integrity means, let alone what it takes to achieve it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I am of the mind that Trump is going to win come November. But the ground is being laid as we speak to delegitimize his victory just as it was done immediately after his win in 2016 with the Russia "collusion" hoax and cover-up of the Obama/Clinton coup to overthrow him and hide their own guilt.

It started with Hillary Clinton, who has spent the last three-and-a-half years insisting that she was cheated out of her rightful place in the Oval Office. Last week, she opined, "Well, I think it is a fair point to raise as to whether or not, if he loses, he's going to go quietly or not." And then she issued the marching order: "And we have to be ready for that."

How does one get ready to overthrow the duly elected president of the United States? After all, the Democrats' Deep State efforts during Trump's first term have failed. Democrats are therefore getting their ducks in a row for a more aggressive challenge.

Paul Krugman did his bit with a rant that Trump could not win. From there, he concluded that the federal officers in Portland -- all wearing "police" labels and DHS insignia -- were secret agents "without identification," rounding up people.

A few days ago, Nancy Pelosi took up the gauntlet when she dehumanized Trump by refusing even to name him and used eliminationist rhetoric that likened him to an insect:

The fact is, whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving. Just because he might not want to move out of the White House doesn't mean we won't have an inauguration ceremony to inaugurate a duly elected president of the United States. [Snip.] It has nothing to do with if the certain occupant of the White House doesn't feel like moving and has to be fumigated out of there.

Democrats continue to lay the groundwork for Resistance II:
https://www.americanthinker.co...i_the_civil_war.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact is, whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving. Just because he might not want to move out of the White House doesn't mean we won't have an inauguration ceremony to inaugurate a duly elected president of the United States. [Snip.] It has nothing to do with if the certain occupant of the White House doesn't feel like moving and has to be fumigated out of there.

Botox and booze has clearly reached her brain. There was a day in this country where any member of the government especially in her position would have been removed immeadiatly for saying things like that. What Nancy and the rest of the crazies do not realize is is that talk like that scares many Americans and moderate democrats as well. She is driving more people to vote Trump.

Sensible people still vastly outnumber the lunatics in this country although it's hard to see that if you read too much news. I can't wait to see Trump unleashed in a second term!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:I can't wait to see Trump unleashed in a second term!
It should be awesome, since he won't have any concern about the next election.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

She tried but couldn't remember which letters were capitalized (Acura Legend)

I was thinking, named for the 2007 movie with Will smith.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:I can't wait to see Trump unleashed in a second term!

flashguy

It's not too early to start thinking about how to keep the winning going, come 2024. There is no one like Trump who can succeed him. No one. I sure hope he wins this year. But enjoy it while it lasts. No career politician is going to continue Trump's work and no one outside of politics has the money and balls to keep beating the swamp. The swamp won't ever stop fighting.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the "dark days" of 2016, I repeated posted a quote by Theodore Roosevelt:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Trump has been that man in the arena, for 4 years.

After seeing that, I've come to the conclusion that I don't care what anyone says unless they are bleeding, bruised, battered and have a pile of dead at their feet with sliced throats. Media doesn't matter, social chatter doesn't matter, "scientific" studies don't matter; screaming moms, kids, grandparents...it doesn't matter. The 2024 elections, right now, doesn't matter.

The zombies are at the gates trying to tear down the very foundations of this country and that is all that matters.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

It's not too early to start thinking about how to keep the winning going, come 2024. There is no one like Trump who can succeed him. No one. I sure hope he wins this year. But enjoy it while it lasts. No career politician is going to continue Trump's work and no one outside of politics has the money and balls to keep beating the swamp. The swamp won't ever stop fighting.

I would hope that by 2024 someone quite so bombastic and pugnacious as Trump wouldn't be required. That Trump will have done a great job of stabilizing the country and drawing all the loony left out of the foxholes for everyone to see and reject. Trump is the vanguard of a populist revolution, but I'd hope we don't always need someone with his...particular set of skills.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
During the "dark days" of 2016, I repeated posted a quote by Theodore Roosevelt:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better."
The zombies are at the gates trying to tear down the very foundations of this country and that is all that matters.
Your post?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my perspective I was not expecting for President Trump to win nor did I had an idea of what type of President we would be. The President surprised me by jumping right in and tackling all the issues that were important to the nation. Too bad Congress was not up to the task and dropped the ball on immigration and Obamacare. I believe the President has done a superb job by revising and re-negotiating all those agreements we signed that were not beneficial to our nation. I wish he could have done more with education and infrastructure in his first term but like I said, Congress was not prepared for a President that was ready to fix what its broken.

PS. 99.99 of our nation's problems get fixed with a robust economy, with jobs and opportunities for all. Coronavirus put a worldwide stop to economic growth... Our President has tapped into the best of the best to help us get thru this. I believe he's re-elected by a landslide in November.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I have been alive for 63 years and have never seen so much resistance to a duly elected president. Nor have we ever elected and outsider to the highest office. I knew our government was corrupt but didn't know how deep the corruption was until DJT crushed all of his challengers and the masks came off. As a nation, we have faced many adversaries and have always come out on top. It's the enemy within our borders that is now out in the open. My hope is that all Americans can see the danger that exists with those that will destroy the country to regain power. It should scare the living crap out of anyone alive in this country and around the world.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

I would hope that by 2024 someone quite so bombastic and pugnacious as Trump wouldn't be required.

The whole idea of America and its values has always needed bombastic and pugnacious mindsets. That is what America was founded on.

From the day the Puritans left Europe to practice their religion as they saw fit, to a ragtag army telling the Crown to fuck off, to sending a handful of explorers to discover our manifest destiny, to be the one and only nation to fight itself over slavery. Being bombastic is the American soul, being the only nation in history to recognize that there are certain rights that are not given to us by any form of government.

Sadly, that spirit had grown very dim. That spirit is what we should have had every single day since 1776. Call it a revival, call it a great re awakening, Trump has re ignited that flame and we need to continue to feed that flame every single day. The fuel for the American spirit is lies, and we will keep burning up lies until there isn't any.

posted Hide Post
OAT, let me add that you've been a member here for a very long time and I have great respect for you, so please don't take my last post as anything negative about you, thanks.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

He does have a great son who may aspire in his future.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How 'bout we focus on what's coming up before we start building castles in the sky, huh? Three and half months, fellas. Stay focused.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
7/24/2020 White House Press Briefing;

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RyjqHRVIoNA" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

------------------------------------
Mustang-PaPa, thanks for posting the White House Secretary Clips. I often miss them, and clicking on them here is very a convenient way to get caught up.

Please keep it up.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How 'bout we focus on what's coming up before we start building castles in the sky, huh? Three and half months, fellas. Stay focused.

Looking forward to it! Trump is going to exceed all expectations in election season.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I didn't know where else to post this, so I'll put it here to emphasize the importance of 3-NOV 2020. In my heart of hearts, I believe President Trump will give us 4 more years. But those 4 years will not be without another round of fights, probably even moreso concentrated on destroying the country.

Dennis has ALWAYS been spot on when he says the Left destroys EVERYTHING. I found him to be really dejected in his comments here. His comment about churches is again, right on the mark. I personally am VERY disappointed in my church and it's decision to bow to these insane "laws" that have violated our 1st Amendment rights of Freedom of Religion. I never thought I'd see the day when this country would turn its back on the basic tenets of Judeo-Christian values. I know HE is tired of fighting this fight day in and day out...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post