SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Has the additional advantage that trolls would have to realize their money was going to support the Trump campaign.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The tickets aren’t anything but a way to collect demographic data and maybe get a rough head count.

The rally I went to had us register for “tickets” online, but when it came time to go in, having the tickets don’t matter at all. Tickets aren’t a necessary thing for Trump rallies.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Think you might be missing the point, RAMIUS Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A friend of ours did attend the rally. He said crowds were told that the fire department cut off entrants at a certain number because the arena was 'at capacity'. While there may not have been required/enforced social distancing, there may have been a decision to limit people based on the square feet of the venue, like they do at retail stores(?)

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The sheer number of requested "tickets" being reported may in fact also have been ironically a reason for the lower turnout as people probably assumed that there was a high likelihood that they wouldn't get in unless they camped outside the arena for at least a day. As a result, many people decided to just relax at home with an adult beverage and watch the rally on TV or online.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Many of the people who requested multiple tickets never intended to go. That's the point. They thought by reserving tickets that real supporters would be deprived of tickets and seats. It was a stupid prank, supported by the likes of aoc. The pranksters have bragged about it. The foolish media has covered it.

Exactly--bragged about it, as if it's something to be proud of; something honorable; par for the course in a Presidential election.

It makes me sick. AOC makes me sick. Makes me sick that she validates a childish prank as being an honorable tactic.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
What da ya know, something I thought the Biden guys would NEVER agree to Big Grin

Biden campaign agrees to 3 general election debates, slams Trump team for seeking more

Let's roll... Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
What da ya know, something I thought the Biden guys would NEVER agree to Big Grin

Biden campaign agrees to 3 general election debates, slams Trump team for seeking more

Let's roll... Cool

CNN and MSNBC are already announcing Biden has handily won all three debates which is why Trump now wants a fourth debate.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
well, creepy joe's calendar has been pretty full these days in the basement...and he'll have a lot of memorizing to do once he gets the questions ahead of time.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Yep, and he should be checked for a wire before every event.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
positive thinking

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-17-to-retake-house/

National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) chairman Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) told Breitbart News exclusively that Republicans believe they can retake the House majority in November’s elections.

Emmer laid out exactly how Republicans intend to retake the House. To do so, the GOP needs to flip a net 17 seats from Democrat control back into GOP hands, something Emmer believes is possible given that he said Republicans are targeting 54 separate Democrat-held districts

Given that there are 30 districts nationwide that Democrats currently represent that President Donald Trump won in 2016—13 of which he won by significant margins—Republicans believe with the president at the top of the ticket again that they can flip that necessary 17 seats back into GOP hands to retake the majority

“So we have targeted 54 seats,” Emmer said. “The top 30 Donald Trump won in 2016. The top 13 of those, Trump won by six points or more. These are Republican seats.”

A recent special election in California, where now Rep. Mike Garcia (R-CA) defeated a Democrat to flip a California seat back into GOP hands for the first time in decades, gives Emmer hope that the GOP can replicate that strategy in many other districts nationwide. He said that in 43 of the 54 districts Republicans are targeting to flip from Democrat to GOP control there are better conditions for Republicans than in that Southern California district.

“We have 43 Democrats currently sitting in seats that are better for Republican candidates than that seat in the California suburbs and we only need 17 to win, so you pick those top 30 and then you’ve got the next 24, of which the vast majority are seats that Hillary Clinton won by the slimmest of margins back in 2016,” Emmer told Breitbart News. “Keep in mind, in 2018, in the fall, two things. One, we got outspent heavily. We got outspent 2 to 1. The average winning Democrat spent $4 million. The average winning Republican spent $2 million and yet we only lost our majority, with 115 million turning out, only lost our majority by 106,000 votes, Matt. To put it in perspective, there were 8.5 million Trump voters that showed up in 2016 that did not show up in 2018 and I can tell you they’re showing up this fall. I think you’re gonna get all the 8.5 plus more. It’s gonna make a huge difference. I can feel it.”

"there were 8.5 million Trump voters that showed up in 2016 that did not show up in 2018"

Do not let that happen again. Keep talking about voting to everyone you know.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
6/22/20

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

TOPIC: Bolton's book / legal issues

Federal judge says of Bolton's book that the horse is already "out of the barn" https://www.cbsnews.com/news/l...m-where-it-happened/
Newt Gingrich: Bolton Has 'Real Potential Legal Problem' With Book https://www.newsmax.com/politi...020/06/16/id/972502/
ABC has scheduled a one-hour primetime special on Sunday, starting at 9 PM ET. Bolton’s book, The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir. https://deadline.com/2020/06/j...-raddatz-1202959216/
White House Chaos and ‘Personal Favors to Dictators’: 11 Insane Revelations From Reports on Bolton's Book https://www.mediaite.com/print...rts-on-boltons-book/
Fleitz: National security advisors shouldn't release internal, candid conversations with the president https://www.centerforsecurityp...-with-the-president/

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
A Hannity Town Hall with President Trump is scheduled for on Thursday, June 25 @ 900pm ET .

Fox News has the link on Hannity's page.

Looking fwd to this!

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump:

I have authorized the Federal Government to arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S. with up to 10 years in prison, per the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act, or such other laws that may be pertinent…..

…..This action is taken effective immediately, but may also be used retroactively for destruction or vandalism already caused. There will be no exceptions!

https://hotair.com/headlines/a...ue-federal-property/

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see the President openly condemn what Shaun King said yesterday about breaking church windows and ripping down statues of Jesus and then call on Biden to join him. That would force Biden to go against a BLM leader and risk upsetting his base or alienate Christian voters in November.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see that as well, but I don't think Bidet can spell BLM at the moment

he probably thinks what they're doing is wrong but just cant come up with a good reason as to why

I am already making some popcorn for the debates...this ought to be good

Posts: 53178 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I'd love to see the President openly condemn what Shaun King said yesterday about breaking church windows and ripping down statues of Jesus and then call on Biden to join him. That would force Biden to go against a BLM leader and risk upsetting his base or alienate Christian voters in November.
He spoke of a White Jesus and European mother, which is patently untrue. Both were assuredly Mediterranean, but Asian, not European, and both very probably not "people of color". (There is at least one Catholic church with a "Black Jesus" figure, but I have never considered that as an acccurate depiction.) Their skin may have been somewhat olive in coloration, as is true in that area.

No matter. It is reprehensible to even suggest the defamation and desecration he demands.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
How much more poking is the bear gonna tolerate?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
He spoke of a White Jesus and European mother, which is patently untrue. Both were assuredly Mediterranean, but Asian, not European, and both very probably not "people of color". (There is at least one Catholic church with a "Black Jesus" figure, but I have never considered that as an acccurate depiction.) Their skin may have been somewhat olive in coloration, as is true in that area.

No matter. It is reprehensible to even suggest the defamation and desecration he demands.

flashguy

It is reprehensible to suggest smashing church windows and ripping down their murals and statues. It is also a chance to put Biden in a no win situation.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Victor Davis Hanson: 2020 Election Is Now an 'Existential Question,' 'Civilization' vs. Its Destruction:

Hoover Institution senior fellow Victor Davis Hanson told “Tucker Carlson Tonight" Monday that the continuation of civilization is at stake in the upcoming presidential election.

"That's the choice we are looking at," Hanson continued, "and I'm going to vote for civilization."

"I don't want to get political, but this election no longer is about Donald Trump's tweeting," Hanson said. "It’s not about Joe Biden's cognitive impairment. It has nothing to do anymore with a lockdown, the virus, the economy.

"It's an existential question, a Manichean choice between whether you want civilization and you believe that America doesn't have to be perfect to be good and we are not ... going to destroy all that people died for, or [whether] you feel it was inherently flawed with a cancer and we have to use radiation and chemotherapy and kill the host to kill the cancer."

"That's the choice we are looking at," Hanson continued, "and I'm going to vote for civilization."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post