SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I lost it when Trump threw the glass of water off the stage.

Me too. Absolute rock star move. Big Grin

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's destined to become a classic. It's a two-parter, no less. I love how he says "They gave me another disease" and then demonstrates that he can drink a glass of water with one hand (crowd goes wild). Big Grin

Norm MacDonald's not the only one who can tell a 12 minute joke. Wink

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Brad Parscale, Trump 2020 campaign manager, says the ticket hacking was not effective

Parscale:

“Leftists and online trolls doing a victory lap, thinking they somehow impacted rally attendance, don’t know what they’re talking about or how our rallies work.

Reporters who wrote gleefully about TikTok and K-Pop fans - without contacting the campaign for comment - behaved unprofessionally and were willing dupes to the charade. Registering for a rally means you’ve RSVPed with a cell phone number and we constantly weed out bogus numbers, as we did with tens of thousands at the Tulsa rally, in calculating our possible attendee pool.

These phony ticket requests never factor into our thinking. What makes this lame attempt at hacking our events even more foolish is the fact that every rally is general admission - entry is on a first-come-first-served basis and prior registration is not required.

The fact is that a week’s worth of the fake news media warning people away from the rally because of COVID and protestors, coupled with recent images of American cities on fire, had a real impact on people bringing their families and children to the rally.

MSNBC was among outlets reporting that protesters even blocked entrances to the rally at times. For the media to now celebrate the fear that they helped create is disgusting, but typical. And it makes us wonder why we bother credentialing media for events when they don’t do their full jobs as professionals.”

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
So the lower attendance was a result of lower support for Trump or fear of the Covid? If Parscale is so sure the hackers didn't affect attendance, why was the campaign reporting upwards of one million ticket requests? Where did those come from and what made so many of them stay home?

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read the last couple of pages.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Actually, Rick Lee gets it and I wonder the same thing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
If Parscale is so sure the hackers didn't affect attendance, why was the campaign reporting upwards of one million ticket requests?

Why would one necessarily have anything to do with the other? And these aren't hackers. They're just punks requesting tickets like anyone else could.

And why is this such a huge mystery to some? Many people likely requested tickets because, why not? If they change their minds, they just stay home and safe and watch the rally on tv. With the overhyped chinese virus, anti-American and anti-Trump agitators everywhere, the pain in the ass issues with traveling nowadays, why would anyone be surprised by a lower than hopeful turnout?

Look at the number of people who watched the rally at home. Over 4 million unique sites streaming from home and that doesn't even include the number of people like myself who watched it on FNC or OANN, etc. Point being, it was without a doubt not a result of lower support for Trump. Ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
And why is this such a huge mystery to some?

I don't even care, personally. I feel like everyone wants to know every little detail of everything, so that they can turn around and forget it 5 minutes later.

It's probably a symptom of the social media / soundbite / trivia time we live in. People are addicted to, and thrive on, bits of information that have no meaningful impact on anything, and generally mean nothing to their own life. They want the data, then they forget the data.

My wife goes through the "endless scroll" on Facebook, just like I do on Twitter, and we're both finding new and better ways of recognizing when we're looking for and seeking information and data that means nothing.

POTUS had the rally. Tons of people showed up. There's so much outlying data that is completely meaningless, that people are conditioned to hone in on and then forget in a matter of hours.

My experience anyway.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time believing hundreds of thousands requested tickets and then just decided not to go. A friend of mine went to the last one in Phoenix and he had it on his calendar like it was his wife's due date. And his life went on hold for two days prior to make sure nothing could prevent his going.

"Hackers" is an ungainly term. I don't mean software was hacked to cause bogus requests. But surely there must be some way to weed out the bogus requests, even if they come from legit cell phone numbers. Just seems to me that it's hard to explain the huge gap between predicted and actual attendance. This event was hyped like no other. Why would the campaign want to set expectations unrealistically high? There's no upside to it. It's always better to underpromise and overdeliver.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Eric Trump tweet: (yesterday)

Today’s date is June 21st and it has been 80 days since #JoeBiden, a man who wants to be President, has held a press conference...

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Many of the people who requested multiple tickets never intended to go. That's the point. They thought by reserving tickets that real supporters would be deprived of tickets and seats. It was a stupid prank, supported by the likes of aoc. The pranksters have bragged about it. The foolish media has covered it.

Then there's the annoying media hype about catching you know what.

Read this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...victory-lap-n1231675

There is some benefit to reading the previous posts. There's some on page 121.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Hackers" is an ungainly term.

Never mind not even remotely accurate.

quote:
But surely there must be some way to weed out the bogus requests, even if they come from legit cell phone numbers.

Charge for 'em. Then the id10ts are faced with a zero sum game: They can still do it, but they'll contribute to Trump's reelection campaign if they do

$5/ticket should do the trick. No true Trump supporter will balk at $5/ticket.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Trump is one of the best story tellers I’ve ever heard. That was more like a comedy special!

I lost it when Trump threw the glass of water off the stage.

I wasn’t sure I’d watch a full 12 min clip. Glad I did. Honestly, hilarious! Even someone with the most extreme case of T.D.S. would enjoy that.

Trump’s timing alone will be Biden’s downfall in the debates.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nah, it was a "sparse" viewing audience.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a hard time believing hundreds of thousands requested tickets and then just decided not to go.

I don't. Not even a little bit. Humans acting like humans.

quote:
A friend of mine went to the last one in Phoenix and he had it on his calendar like it was his wife's due date. And his life went on hold for two days prior to make sure nothing could prevent his going.

The reality then is about lightyears away from the reality now. That's just a fact. I know hardcore Trump supporters who say there is no way they would go to a rally at this time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I watched the whole rally on Fox News cable channel. When I went to their web site I was astounded to see that the comments were monopolized by Leftist loons.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That should tell you something about how scared they are.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watched it on OAN, nice that the camera stayed on Trump, there was no crowd viewing, as to the attendance, lots of reports of anti trumpers doing bad things outside the area were given, what it was haven't read about.

Imagine with COVID and the threats that many stayed away, plus you can watch him on TV, in 2016 you had to go to the event to see him because the networks wouldn't show the whole event, now you don't have to go, and perhaps that plays into attendance since you no longer have to be on sight...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
$5/ticket should do the trick. No true Trump supporter will balk at $5/ticket.

You might be on to something there. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post